Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister
If the phone is GPS-capable, and the function is enabled, you can be located to within a few meters. My wife and I have tested this with our iPhones' "Find my iPhone" feature, it shows you a map with roads identified on it and an icon showing the phone's location. In an urban area it can pin your location down to a street address. I dunno if the 911 people have that technology, I've never had to call them, but it's certainly doable in principle.
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper
There are apps that will do it more easily than find my phone, where you have to remember each other's username and password, which also takes time to do
The easiest way is in a text message....like this....
Since when you open maps on IPhone your location is automatically there
How to send any location from the Maps app with iMessage
- Launch the Maps app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the location you'd like to share. ...
- Tap on the Share button.
- Tap on Message.
- Type the name of the person with whom you'd like to share your location.
- Tap Send.
Dunno if it came with the latest software update but there seems to be an even simpler way.....
1. Go to your favorite contact and scroll down
2. select "share my location"
3. Send that person a message
Under that message you will find written, the date and time you started sharing your location.
If you ever delete that message, it will not work anymore
4. Any time that person wants to know where you are they only have to click on your name in messages
and touch the little i for information on the top right corner of the screen
And a detailed map with your location will pop up, without you knowing that your wife, was checking on you!
5 It's only fair that she reciprocates .....non?