3 WEEKS to Grey Cup!!.. in Edmonton!


Chiliagon
#1
so for all you Football fans, especially for the CFL! the countdown is on!

first up, the Division Semi-Finals! Toronto vs Hamilton and B.C. vs Saskatchewan!

then the winners will face Montreal and Calgary!

November 22nd to Nov 28th is Grey Cup week in the City of Edmonton!

who's coming!??
 
talloola
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiliagon View Post

so for all you Football fans, especially for the CFL! the countdown is on!

first up, the Division Semi-Finals! Toronto vs Hamilton and B.C. vs Saskatchewan!

then the winners will face Montreal and Calgary!

November 22nd to Nov 28th is Grey Cup week in the City of Edmonton!

who's coming!??



I'll have the best seat in the house, 52" tv HD, in my livingroom, complete with chips and other stuff.
 
damngrumpy
#3
I will be in Regina for the Agribition, but I still want the Riders to win
 
Avro
#4
 
Chiliagon
#5
a few years ago when I was at a Grey Cup party I actually had a little personal interaction with a few of them.. they were pretty nice and very attractive.

don't get any dirty ideas.. it wasn't like that!
 
petros
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

I will be in Regina for the Agribition, but I still want the Riders to win

If Rider's make the cup you might want to stay an extra day.

When the game is on TV it's spooky in the city, there is absolutely no traffic and all you hear is dogs barking. If you do see someone they look like big staggering leprechauns. This Sunday will be similar but I'll hear every screaming drunk leprechaun echoing across Washington Park from Mosaic.

I think I'll go Christmas shopping during the game.
 
DurkaDurka
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If Rider's make the cup you might want to stay an extra day.

When the game is on TV it's spooky in the city, there is absolutely no traffic and all you hear is dogs barking. If you do see someone they look like big staggering leprechauns. This Sunday will be similar but I'll hear every screaming drunk leprechaun echoing across Washington Park from Mosaic.

I think I'll go Christmas shopping during the game.

I find westerners have a greater appreciation for the CFL then people in Ontario do. CFL games are almost a non-event here. That could be partly due to the skydome though as it is the worst bloody stadium to watch anything.
 
petros
#8
Sit in the stands at Taylor Field in late Nov and you'd never say " worst bloody stadium" again. You could have a Rider game between two big piles of dirt for seats and it would still sell out. It's a bi-weekly party that is always fun, win or lose.

I don't understand the whole "sports fan" thing but when it comes to the green people they have it cased and are making a mint in merchandising everything from Rider BBQ sauce to green windesheild washer fluid.

I'm sure the TV networks love the ratings when the green guys are playing too.
 

Similar Threads

1
Wait 14 weeks or pay $5,000
by I think not | Jan 31st, 2007
18
Gone for 2 weeks.
by Jay | Jul 16th, 2005