Pat Burns

Avro
Just heard on the radio that he has taken a turn for the worst in his battle with lung cancer and has returned to his home in Quebec to be with family.

Great guy, met him a few times when he coached for the Habs.

Kreskin
Sorry to read this.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Just heard on the radio that he has taken a turn for the worst in his battle with lung cancer and has returned to his home in Quebec to be with family.

Great guy, met him a few times when he coached for the Habs.

That's a real shame. He's one of those charasmattic coaches that are iconic. Was Burns behind the bench when the Habs won their last cup?

lone wolf
There's a big empty spot on the Leafs bench too. Rest in Peace, Pat....

talloola
that's very sad, he's been fighting this battle for a long time,
it seemed for a while he was going to beat it. a good guy.

Avro
RIP Pat....just heard on the Fan that he passed away.

Classic Burns...

YouTube - Pat Burns Wants A War

Pat Burns arena...

YouTube - Pat Burns Arena

Pat Burns is alive

But not well, as we know.
Burns has been battling cancer.
CTV erroneously reported the former coach had died this morning.
This is the network that broke the news of Lucien Bouchard's death a few years ago.
He's still alive, too.

talloola
a report was sent to stations this morning that he had passed away, but he called the
station and reported that he was still Fu**ing alive, thank you very much.

lone wolf
That would be the same Pat who corralled Wendel....

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

a report was sent to stations this morning that he had passed away, but he called the
station and reported that he was still Fu**ing alive, thank you very much.

I think Twitter should be relegated to the sh*tter, oh yeah while they are about facebook too.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think Twitter should be relegated to the sh*tter, oh yeah while they are about facebook too.

yes I agree, especially recently after that horrible crime against that young girl, who was drugged,
repeatedly raped, it was all sent into facebook etc., and no matter how many times the police remove
it, it comes back, by others who constantly keep sending it in, I find that absolutely disgusting,
no one has any privacy on facebook, too many people know about too many others, I think they are
leaving themselves wide open to problem after problem.

What a field day pedaphiles must have, and others who wish harm on people, when they can go in there
and find out so much about so many, along with pictures, and personal information.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

yes I agree, especially recently after that horrible crime against that young girl, who was drugged,
repeatedly raped, it was all sent into facebook etc., and no matter how many times the police remove
it, it comes back, by others who constantly keep sending it in, I find that absolutely disgusting,
no one has any privacy on facebook, too many people know about too many others, I think they are
leaving themselves wide open to problem after problem.

What a field day pedaphiles must have, and others who wish harm on people, when they can go in there
and find out so much about so many, along with pictures, and personal information.

Right on Talloola- I've got to thinking maybe there is too much "communicating" these day and not enough action. The communication is getting bad because people want to talk more than listen. You're right - what happened in Pitt Meadows is both sad and disgusting.