Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Harpo, tough on crime, even though crime is down. lol.

I am not proposing anything. You are not very perceptive. You are just cherry picking and making stuff up. Par for the course with gunners and internet trolls.

Okay....I was gonna let this BS go by unchallenged, but you've thrown down the gauntlet.

It is not gunners that spout bull****.....it is anti gunners. Take for instance the steaming pile of BS you posted below.....

Quote:

compared gun deaths in U.S. cities to some of the deadliest places in the world, the authors created a map, below, that shows Atlanta has the same gun murder rate as South Africa, Detroit as El Salvador, Phoenix equal to Mexico’s gun homicide rate:

Several points.....first of all, "gun deaths" includes suicides. Do me a huge favour, and don't try to limit my freedom because some guy puts a pistol in his mouth and tries to pull the trigger twice.....of his own free will. And if you ARE concerned about such things, guns are way down the list. Less than 20,000 gun suicides in the USA, while 400,000 die each year from voluntary tobacco use.

Secondly, the use of the phrase "gun murders". Sorry, guns don't commit murder. People do....and if they can not do it with a gun, they'll do it another way. The USA has a murder rate 30% less than the world average, while it has many more guns per capita than any other nation.

Oh, and the idiotic "unintentional gun death rate" graph. Good Lord man, do you realize that graph indicates that
a city of 100,000 can expect one accidental gun death every four years? In a country with more than one gun per person......so, so stupid.

Colpy
Conservative
The NRA just spent $2.5m on TV ads to oppose Hillary, and they are AWESOME! - Gun Rights Matter

Curious Cdn
Conservative
So, what happens if she wins?

... civil war?

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

So, what happens if she wins?

... civil war?

Nope, just same old same old, I don't think the volume knob on the rhetoric machine can get turned up any higher than Bill or Barak have already cranked it.

Colpy
Conservative
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxBcCSaBtXc

Speaks for itself.

Tecumsehsbones
I'm a little worried about Hillary and gun control, so I took petros's advice and bought a 30.06.

Specifically, a BAR. We're working on the paperwork now.

This is gonna be SO cool!

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxBcCSaBtXc

Speaks for itself.

She needs to upgrade.

The guns inside and outside my house are all automated to shoot at any significant infrared movement in the absence on an electronic jey that I always have on me.

The only problem is all the squirrel brains I gotta clean off the lawn every so often.

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm a little worried about Hillary and gun control, so I took petros's advice and bought a 30.06.

Specifically, a BAR. We're working on the paperwork now.

This is gonna be SO cool!

You need to do paperwork on a 30.06? I've noticed here that the prices here seem to be actually coming down, might be a symptom of the AB economy. A .44mag I was looking at in the spring for around $1200 is now under $1000, but a sweet Remington 1911 caught my eye for $949, and an even sweeter one for $1099. I do prefer a semi auto over a wheel gun, but that's just what I'm used to. But I'll have to sell my present 1911 before the missus'll let me buy a new one. But since I don't already have a revolver she may be convinced, she did think the .44 looked pretty sweet, decisions decisions.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

You need to do paperwork on a 30.06?

A BAR is a Browning Automatic Rifle. It's a great big WWI-WWII auto rifle that chambers 30.06. You need Federal paperwork for any automatic weapon (and for handguns, but more paperwork for auto weapons).

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker

A BAR is a Browning Automatic Rifle. It's a great big WWI-WWII auto rifle that chambers 30.06. You need Federal paperwork for any automatic weapon (and for handguns, but more paperwork for auto weapons).

Missed the BAR part, cool, a bit more rifle than would fit my needs other than it's historic value, which in Canada doesn't extend beyond our way over exaggerated peacekeeping role and being compliant victims of crime.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

Missed the BAR part, cool, a bit more rifle than would fit my needs other than it's historic value, which in Canada doesn't extend beyond our way over exaggerated peacekeeping role and being compliant victims of crime.

We banned full auto in 1986, but grandfathered weapons already in the country. All this really did was turn a market into a collector's market, with predictable price rises.

It's not practical, of course. A BAR weighs 19 1/2 pounds empty. It's a "range queen." Not that there's anything I could conceivably NEED full auto for. But at this stage in my gun career, I'm kinda a collector, and I figure the prices will only go up.

Might need it for them aliens Stephen Hawking's a-skeered of.

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker

We banned full auto in 1986, but grandfathered weapons already in the country. All this really did was turn a market into a collector's market, with predictable price rises.

It's not practical, of course. A BAR weighs 19 1/2 pounds empty. It's a "range queen." Not that there's anything I could conceivably NEED full auto for. But at this stage in my gun career, I'm kinda a collector, and I figure the prices will only go up.

Our country, as you probably know only grandfathered owners, however the rifle I really want is the M1 Garand, and I've known folks to pick them up at estate and garage sales for under $200, and this is in the past 6 or 7 years, but I can't find one for the life of me. The one other rifle I want and I know I'll never own is the Thompson1928, a friend owns one but the drum mag is broken making it pretty much inoperable and since drum mags exceed our legal limits and he can't even order one on line, even though he is a licensed dealer, and stick mags are rare as hen's teeth. It is a heavy brute for an SMG, it felt like 17lbs dry, add 50 rounds of 230gr .45ACP and I can't imagine Allied troops carrying that thing into battle. But for a collector and occasional shooter it would be a fun thing to own, but may be no match for those aliens, they gots ray guns y'know.

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

She needs to upgrade.

The guns inside and outside my house are all automated to shoot at any significant infrared movement in the absence on an electronic jey that I always have on me.

The only problem is all the squirrel brains I gotta clean off the lawn every so often.

An automated gun will land you in jail for murder not just man slaughter.

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

An automated gun will land you in jail for murder not just man slaughter.

That, Ah say, that's a joke son... it works better if you imagine Foghorn Leghorn's voice.

Tecumsehsbones
[youtube]8JtnEUPvpus[/youtube]

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation

I use to have a ball bat that I put several 3 1/2 " drywall screws in the fat end but someone stole it.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I use to have a ball bat that I put several 3 1/2 " drywall screws in the fat end but someone stole it.

Was it Maketa not Stan, powerfuyll hand tools, I recommend them, all youneed

Danbones
Free Thinker

You should not have stuck it there while the effer was runnin a way...
the damn screws are like velcro in certain situations

darkbeaver
Republican
A book title perhaps would help to appreciate ytoiur position.maybe

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Was it Maketa not Stan, powerfuyll hand tools, I recommend them, all youneed

a 4o volt reciprocating saw with a nice wood blade
well placed cuts...

Im thinkin "Blade" or "Saw" would be great commercial titles
The Toronto saur a$$ed ripsaw massacre....

and for the obligatory sex scenes maybe replace the blade with a ..

JamesBondo
In 1995, Ottawa resident James Morrow endured an even worse ordeal. A man with whom Morrow had a business dispute kicked in his apartment building’s door in a drunken rage. The man proceeded to Morrow’s unit, where he claimed he had a gun and was there to “blow [Morrow’s] head off.” Morrow immediately called 911 and spent a harrowing nine minutes on the telephone with the operator, during which time police failed to arrive. The intruder finally smashed down the door and entered his home, whereupon Morrow, also a legal handgun owner, shot him dead. Morrow was charged with murder; his court battle lasted two-and-half-years, despite being a textbook example of a legitimate use of force according to the judge dismissed the charges against him.

Matt Gurney: Protecting the lawful citizen | National Post

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2
I've owned one gun in my life. 22 long rifle. Don't know much about em I got this to hunt rabbits and target practice with my cousins. One night about 3am someone pounds on my front door. My family sound asleep I got my rifle and flung that fukkin door open ready for business. It was the elderly neighbor man letting me know to pull the irrigation panel. I got rid of the gun and haven't owned one since. Never shot a rabbit either.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I've owned one gun in my life. 22 long rifle. Don't know much about em I got this to hunt rabbits and target practice with my cousins. One night about 3am someone pounds on my front door. My family sound asleep I got my rifle and flung that fukkin door open ready for business. It was the elderly neighbor man letting me know to pull the irrigation panel. I got rid of the gun and haven't owned one since. Never shot a rabbit either.

Congratulations for seeing the potential for tragedy before it transpired.

spaminator
+1 / -1

anyone who wakes up people in the middle of the night should be shot.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

anyone who wakes up people in the middle of the night should be shot.

Well Spammy he was an old guy probably in his 80's and he didn't want the alley to flood. I should have lifted the gate earlier I just forgot..

JamesBondo

There really should be more thought about how a main entry is designed. Even with technology many decades ago, an electrical circuit that is less complicated than a telephone could have given you the ability to talk to the person at your front door.Maybe you would still be having fun shooting paper and rabbits.

Colpy
Conservative
+2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXxQBIfH7I

spaminator
Gun-loving former columnist killed in accidental shooting | World | News | Toron

petros
I bet he'll never do that again.

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Gun-loving former columnist killed in accidental shooting | World | News | Toron

Gun-Hating former president kept alive by armed secret service agents | World | News | USA