Gun Control is Completely Useless.


EagleSmack
+1
#6211
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post



So....all those things show is that sharp shooting by Canadians was a skill. Now try to tell me how Americans feel about sharp shooting..... It is to kill!!


Oh that's right... because Canadians never fought in a war and there are no gun murders in Canada.


BTW... The Canadians hold the second and third longest sniper kills in Afghanistan. Let that sink in!

Quote:

You might try to get your mind around the fact that there was a better solution to the American Civil war......(There was nothing civil about it in my opinion but then you have your own opinion). You would have a very much more peaceful and sane population if you had negotiated freedom instead of shooting and killing those who wished to do so.


Sure there was a better solution. Stopping the spread of slavery and ending slavery all together. OR the U.S Government could have just allowed slavery to spread and continued the practice. Alas none could agree and the U.S Civil War began.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#6212
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6213
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh that's right... because Canadians never fought in a war and there are no gun murders in Canada.


BTW... The Canadians hold the second and third longest sniper kills in Afghanistan. Let that sink in!




Sure there was a better solution. Stopping the spread of slavery and ending slavery all together. OR the U.S Government could have just allowed slavery to spread and continued the practice. Alas none could agree and the U.S Civil War began.

Oh yes Canadians did fight in a war.....WWII and for the whole lot from 1939 o 1945. You realize during the most of that time the US sold arms to both sidesII I am sure that no one said anything then because we needed the weapons. It was not until the Japenese bombed Pearl Harbour that the US got off it haunches and joined the war. What is gauling they still think they won the war. If they hadn't sold weapons to the Nazis the war would have been over long before 1945. So don't give me any of the shat about how brave the US was!

Canadians fight on the side of right if such a side can be determined and usually not for profit. So yes our troops go where they are needed,blackmailed into and not for what the government can control and make out of the deal. Open your eyes. No government is perfect. The US one has been one of the worst. And I am a great supporter of Obama. The poor bugger is doing his best against stiff Republican opposition. It says a lot when Donald Trump is the best you people can come up with!!

As far as slavery goes, Canada had a very short history of it and if our troops during the war you lost, hadn't gotten home sick and returned home you would all be Canadian. Where do you think the railway to freedom during the civil war was going?? Itf wasn't to Russia or Mexico, it was to Canada.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Dec 21st, 2015 at 09:01 PM..
 
EagleSmack
+1
#6214
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Oh yes Canadians did fight in s war.....WWII and for the whole lot from 1939 o l945.


Nah... check your history.


Quote:

You realize during the most of that time the US sold arms to both sidesII


Nah... check your history.


Quote:

I am sure that no one said anything then because we needed the weapons.


The Germans had PLENTY of weapons and they were better that the US weapons at the beginning.


Quote:

It was not until the Japenese bombed Pearl Harbour that the US got off it haunches and joined the war.


It wasn't until Dieppe that the Brits allowed Canadian troops into action... after Pearl Harbor. Check your history.


Quote:

What is hauling they still think they won the war.


We did! So did Canada!


Quote:

If they hadn't sold weapons to the Nazi's the war would have been over long before 1945. So don't give me any of the shat about how brave the US was!


What weapons? Tiger tanks? Panzers? Messerschmitts? Junkers? MGs? Mk-88's?

Quote:

Canadians fight on the side of right if such a side can be determined and not or profit.


Like Libya? Iraq? Syria? lmao


Quote:

So yes our troops go where they are needed, and not for what the government can control and make out of the deal.




Like Libya? Iraq? Syria?


Quote:

And I am a great supporter of Obama.


I'm SHOCKED!


Quote:

The poor bugger is doing his best against stiff Republican opposition.


Perhaps if he had done a good job the Democrats would still be in charge of Congress.


Quote:

It says a lot when Donald Trump is the best you people can come up with!!

!!


What do you mean... we have Hillary!




At any rate... you are just POed that I brought up that the 2nd and 3rd best snipers in Afghanistan were Canadian... and they weren't shooting paper targets.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post


As far as slavery goes, Canada had a very short history of it and if our troops during the war you lost, hadn't gotten home sick and returned home you would all be Canadian. Where do you think the railway to freedom during the civil war was going?? Itf wasn't to Russia or Mexico, it was to Canada.


Canada was a slave holding nation... until the 1830's! You must be proud!



"if our troops during the war you lost, hadn't gotten home sick and returned home you would all be Canadian"

What on earth are you talking about? You must be furious up there in your igloo!
 
JamesBondo
#6215
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I don't think so. There are many reasons for women to feel insecure with spouses, lovers, or ex-boyfriends that love guns. Those who go in for love of guns seem to lose control when annoyed. It seems those who go for partnerships with males that only feel safe with guns, find they are the targets when control of the women in their lives is lost. The stats show that. Also take a look at the suicide rates of males by guns.

What the heck if life is not worth living women change it, men end it!!!


So....all those things show is that sharp shooting by Canadians was a skill. Now try to tell me how Americans feel about sharp shooting..... It is to kill!!

You might try to get your mind around the fact that there was a better solution to the American Civil war......(There was nothing civil about it in my opinion but then you have your own opinion). You would have a very much more peaceful and sane population if you had negotiated freedom instead of shooting and killing those who wished to do so.

Obama's newly commissioned study reviewed the stats from all creditable sources and found no such thing. Since his study was commissioned in the wake of the sandyhook tragedy, and it was intended to dig up the worst issues with firearms, I find your POV to be wrong.

I would advise you to read the report, and re-educate yourself on this topic.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#6216
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Oh yes Canadians did fight in a war.....WWII and for the whole lot from 1939 o 1945. You realize during the most of that time the US sold arms to both sidesII I am sure that no one said anything then because we needed the weapons. It was not until the Japenese bombed Pearl Harbour that the US got off it haunches and joined the war. What is gauling

Zut alors!

Quote:

they still think they won the war.

We did. Just not in the way you think.

Quote:

If they hadn't sold weapons to the Nazis the war would have been over long before 1945.

What U.S.-made weapons did the Nazis use?

Quote:

So don't give me any of the shat about how brave the US was!

Never. Only Canada is brave. The U.S. is evil. And cowardly. And violent (but not good, war-against-bad-guys violent, only evil cowardly violence).

Quote:

Canadians fight on the side of right if such a side can be determined and usually not for profit. So yes our troops go where they are needed,blackmailed into and not for what the government can control and make out of the deal. Open your eyes. No government is perfect. The US one has been one of the worst.

Don't be silly. The U.S. is THE worst, ever. You clearly believe that. Which makes me wonder why you think the Canadian alliance with the U.S. in WWII was a good thing. If the U.S. was worse than Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, wasn't your beloved syrupy Canada fighting on the wrong side?
 
JamesBondo
#6217
Last I checked, it was the USA that was big on syrupy pancake houses. In Canada, it is beer and hockey.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6218
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Last I checked, it was the USA that was big on syrupy pancake houses. In Canada, it is beer and hockey.

What can I say? I stand in awe of your elegant, sophisticated, high culture.
 
JamesBondo
#6219
That's ok. You guys are so cool, I consider you almost Canadian.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6220
The pinnacle of Canadian culture. . .


 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#6221


Chester.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6222
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Zut alors!


We did. Just not in the way you think.


What U.S.-made weapons did the Nazis use?


Never. Only Canada is brave. The U.S. is evil. And cowardly. And violent (but not good, war-against-bad-guys violent, only evil cowardly violence).


Don't be silly. The U.S. is THE worst, ever. You clearly believe that. Which makes me wonder why you think the Canadian alliance with the U.S. in WWII was a good thing. If the U.S. was worse than Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, wasn't your beloved syrupy Canada fighting on the wrong side?

Here you go.


https://libcom.org/library/allied-mu...ny-world-war-2

And I certainly do not believe the US is evil. or the worst ever. Why do you get so incensed over having faults pointed out? No government is perfect although many Americans will defend to the death their belief that theirs is. There is a huge difference between defending one's country right actions and just plain greed.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Dec 27th, 2015 at 10:14 AM..
 
CDNBear
+1
#6223
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Here you go.


https://libcom.org/library/allied-mu...ny-world-war-2

Now I know you're an idiot.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6224
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Now I know you're an idiot.

Now we all know you react first and learn later........Oh and of course you use name calling to cover up what you don't know.

"Preface to the book TRADING WITH THE ENEMY: An Exposé of The Nazi-American Money-Plot 1933-1949 by Charles Higham; Hale, London, 1983.

Preface
It would be comforting to believe that the financial Establishment of the United States and the leaders of American industry were united in a common purpose following the Day of Infamy, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Certainly, the American public was assured that Big Business along with all of the officials of government ceased from the moment the war began to have any dealings whatsoever with the enemy. That assurance sustained the morale of millions of Americans who bore arms in World War II and their kinfolk who stayed at home and suffered the anguish of separation."


But that wasn't true then nor earlier before Pearl Harbour. So get over it.
 
CDNBear
#6225
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Now we all know you react first and learn later........

Here's what you don't know, I've already read about it.

And it isn't "name calling", it's a factual observation. Thus only a moron would post something she gleaned off the net without fully understanding what she posted.
 
JamesBondo
#6226
If I go by memory of A&E and History Channel documentaries, the USA's first round of fundraising for WW2 was somewhere in the 300 billion dollar range. I would say that is pretty much a unity of purpose, and Bluebyrd is trying desperately to make it something else...anything else.

Just my opinion.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6227
 
NancyDL
#6228
I like the cat one better.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6229
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#6230
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Here you go.


https://libcom.org/library/allied-mu...ny-world-war-2

And I certainly do not believe the US is evil. or the worst ever. Why do you get so incensed over having faults pointed out? No government is perfect although many Americans will defend to the death their belief that theirs is. There is a huge difference between defending one's country right actions and just plain greed.

Couldn't tell it from your posts. As far as your other blather, heck, I was just agreeing with you, hoping you'd go away.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6231
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

If I go by memory of A&E and History Channel documentaries, the USA's first round of fundraising for WW2 was somewhere in the 300 billion dollar range. I would say that is pretty much a unity of purpose, and Bluebyrd is trying desperately to make it something else...anything else.

Just my opinion.

Well, stack your opinion up against the article none here seemed to have read. Anyway, what any of you "think" happened (thinking being an action, very few here seem able to come close to) or "Seemed to have recalled from an article here or there, means very little against the actual records. So really, when a war is started for a dubious reason anywhere by a fairly rich country, look for the trail of money.

"=====================
From the "Trading With the Enemy" cover blurb;

"Here is the extraordinary true story of the American businessmen and government officials who dealt with the Nazis for profit or through conviction throughout the Second World War: Ford. Standard Oil, Chase Bank and members of the State Department were among those who shared in the spoils. Meticulously documented and dispassionately told, this is an alarming story. At its centre is 'The Fraternity', an influential international group associated with the Rockefeller or Morgan banks and linked by the ideology of Business as Usual.

Higham starts with an account of the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland - a Nazi-controlled bank presided over by an American, Thomas H. McKittrick, even in 1944. While Americans were dying in the war, McKittrick sat down with his German, Japanese, Italian, British and American executive staff to discuss the gold bars that had been sent to the Bank earlier that year by the Nazi government for use by its leaders after the war. This was gold that had been looted from the banks of Austria, Belgium, and Czechoslovakia or melted down from teeth fillings, eyeglass frames, and wedding rings of millions of murdered Jews.

But that is only one of the cases detailed in this book. We have Standard Oil shipping enemy fuel through Switzerland for the Nazi occupation forces in France; Ford trucks transporting German troops; I.T.T. helping supply the rocket bombs that marauded much of London ; and I.T.T. building the Focke-Wulfs that dropped those bombs. Long and shocking is the list of diplomats and businessmen alike who had their own ways of profiting from the war."

Then realize that there was no liable suits filed, nor contradictory declarations made ever!!

Don't complain to me, I am just referring you to those who know and can prove what they know.


Oh and don't forget, for most of the world the war was lasted from 1939 to 1945.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Couldn't tell it from your posts. As far as your other blather, heck, I was just agreeing with you, hoping you'd go away.

Don't give it a thought......I have better things as a rule to do with my time. So don't worry too much about me going away. I only pop in now and again to stir things up a bit. Perhaps I will simply allow the thread to die a slow and boring death. How about that!! LOL.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6232
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Don't give it a thought......I have better things as a rule to do with my time. So don't worry too much about me going away. I only pop in now and again to stir things up a bit. Perhaps I will simply allow the thread to die a slow and boring death. How about that!! LOL.

Respect to you for that. I don't agree with you, as you know, but you fight your corner with passion and tenacity.

I hope 2016 is the best year of your life! (So far.)
 
JamesBondo
#6233
What does this have to do about gun control?
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6234
LOL Well if you are unable to see the correlation between regulating those large companies who manufacture and sell guns; then the government being run by big corporations and not by the people isn't registering with you. Gun manufacturerers and other corporations who traded with the enemy while the government was spending money supporting the allies, were just lucky the Allies won the war, because, we would all be speaking German, unless you were Jewish or Polish or Hungarian etc. then you would be dead.

A government is supposedly elected to carry out the affairs of a nation, not to help large entities get rich at the expense of those who elected that government.
.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Jan 12th, 2016 at 07:52 PM..Reason: Answer to the wrong post.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6235
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6236
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Respect to you for that. I don't agree with you, as you know, but you fight your corner with passion and tenacity.

I hope 2016 is the best year of your life! (So far.)

Thank you ..... The coming year will have to beat some really terrific years but I am optimistic. LOL I hope you are in the same position.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Why bother, they are about to change down here and as far as I am concerned, I like those in Canada.
 
JamesBondo
+1
#6237
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

LOL Well if you are unable to see the correlation between regulating those large companies who manufacture and sell guns; then the government being run by big corporations and not by the people isn't registering with you. Gun manufacturerers and other corporations who traded with the enemy while the government was spending money supporting the allies, were just lucky the Allies won the war, because, we would all be speaking German, unless you were Jewish or Polish or Hungarian etc. then you would be dead.

A government is supposedly elected to carry out the affairs of a nation, not to help large entities get rich at the expense of those who elected that government.
.

Lol you have lost it. I own a hunting rifle that my dad gave me in the 70s. Gun control is meaningless when applied to me because I am already a lawful citizen. You can fling mud by comparing me to a murderer and a rapist but truth be known I am not one of them. Never had,never will. You know what I think you hate most? I think that you hate that millions of gun owners are just like me. When it comes down to it, you are sick. Please seek help.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6238
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Lol you have lost it. I own a hunting rifle that my dad gave me in the 70s. Gun control is meaningless when applied to me because I am already a lawful citizen. You can fling mud by comparing me to a murderer and a rapist but truth be known I am not one of them. Never had,never will. You know what I think you hate most? I think that you hate that millions of gun owners are just like me. When it comes down to it, you are sick. Please seek help.

hmmm I was answering your post about wondering what my post had to do with gun control. And where on earth do I compare YOU to a murder or rapist??? Awkkk !!
 
skookumchuck
Free Thinker
+1
#6239
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

hmmm I was answering your post about wondering what my post had to do with gun control. And where on earth do I compare YOU to a murder or rapist??? Awkkk !!

Has your continuous arrogant nattering resulted in any less firearms or users? If so prove it.
 
JamesBondo
#6240
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Is that a man?