BC Liberals and NDP are apparently neck-and-neck.


Vancouverite
+2
#1
Liberals are getting closer, so they may pull off an upset yet - many of us still remember the dark ages of the NDP during the 1990's.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vancouverite View Post

Liberals are getting closer, so they may pull off an upset yet - many of us still remember the dark ages of the NDP during the 1990's.

Whoa!!! NDP has to win.. WTF are people thinking.. Liberals screwed BC'ers.



When NDP was in charge.. when did you see this sh!t on the streets of Vancouver..

Canada's #1 tourist city and people living on the streets, dirty.. WTF, they must think they are visiting Seattle. THIS IS CANADA!!!

BC Liberals Suck: Olympic-Sized BC Liberal Recipe for Poverty & Homelessness

 
gerryh
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Whoa!!! NDP has to win.. WTF are people thinking.. Liberals screwed BC'ers.



When NDP was in charge.. when did you see this sh!t on the streets of Vancouver..

You're kidding, right? I gather you were too young to remember pigeon park on Hastings at carrall.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

You're kidding, right? I gather you were too young to remember pigeon park on Hastings at carrall.

Possibly.. sure Hasting Street has always been a sh!thole for about 8 blocks.. around the cop shop.

The Liberals have been redeveloping that area, raising costs for the poor and giving them no options or place to go.. That's what they are good at - displacing poor people.



admittedly, she is hot.. a PILF - Premier I'd Like to F
 
gerryh
#5
and the NDP shut Woodlands down in '96.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#6
..and the Liberals enacted the HST.

FORCED to change it back.. but wouldn't trust them not to try and re-enact the HST after being elected again.

Statement from Premier Christy Clark on HST

Today, the “Fact-Free-BC” Liberal campaign rolled into Fort Nelson claiming to stand up for the north. Let’s look at the BC Liberal record when it comes to standing up for northern BC.

* BC LIBERAL RECORD: In the last election, the BC Liberals said they wouldn’t bring in the HST. After the election, they brought in the HST.

So how did BC voters in northern BC respond? Let’s review how they voted in the referendum on the BC Liberals’ signature accomplishment since the last election – the HST.

RIDING and % VOTE AGAINST HST
Peace River North 50%
Stikine 54%
Cariboo Chilcotin 57%
Prince George-Mackenzie 57%
Peace River South 58%
Prince George-Valemount 59%
Cariboo North 59%
Skeena 67%
North Coast 67%

BC Liberals want British Columbians to forget their record, but voters in the north remember it, especially the HST. That’s why voters in the north and in every corner of the province are voting for change on May 14. VOTE NDP!!

http://www.bcndp.ca/video/happy-4th-...-not-bring-hst
Last edited by B00Mer; May 11th, 2013 at 11:29 PM..
 
Kreskin
#7
Anyone but the NDP. Go Christy go!
 
gerryh
#8
The point is, boomer, try using crap that the libs are solely responsible for and not crap that anybody with half a brain and a decent memory can show that the NDP or Socreds had also done during their tenures.



and if you don't know because you were'nt there or were too young to give a shyte...... then google is your friend.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#9
Sorry I just don't trust lairs. The BC Liberals are just that, lairs.

Happy 4th Birthday, BC Liberal Promise Not To Bring In The HST - YouTube

So what is your opinion on the HST.. I mean, you're living in BC??

It put an unfair burden on families to have to pay more taxes for products necessary for child care, and cost small business more. It cost BC jobs.. I know of a few companies that moved because of it, it was the last straw.

Do you think if elected they would try to bring the HST in again Gerryh?

Personally Gerryh, I think truly that is my only beef with the BC Liberals.. HST and the fact they lied to the public. Mislead the voters.
 
gerryh
#10
no, I left BC less than a week after campbell and his band of crooks took office. I voted for the NDP and got outa dodge.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

no, I left BC less than a week after campbell and his band of crooks took office. I voted for the NDP and got outa dodge.

So you're living in ONterrible ?? HST is the norm there. Feeling for ya.

Campbell was a BC Liberal.. now you like the Liberals..

 
gerryh
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

So you're living in ONterrible ?? HST is the norm there. Feeling for ya.

No, I don't live in Ontario either. My family left there in '68 and moved to BC.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

The point is, boomer, try using crap that the libs are solely responsible for and not crap that anybody with half a brain and a decent memory can show that the NDP or Socreds had also done during their tenures.



and if you don't know because you were'nt there or were too young to give a shyte...... then google is your friend.

Politicians are all tarred with the same brush, Gerry and one political party is as rotten as the next. But Christy does have more brains than Dixie and if you vote for Dixie be prepared to pay some horrendous buy out costs not to mention $millions changing stationery, letter heads, stamps, signs on desks, door etc. Remember Dixie doesn't have access to any more money than Christy, although he may be under the illusion it grows on trees.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

No, I don't live in Ontario either. My family left there in '68 and moved to BC.

eh..? I'm chasing my tail here??



Which province do you live gerryh??
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

So you're living in ONterrible ?? HST is the norm there. Feeling for ya.

Campbell was a BC Liberal.. now you like the Liberals..

While you are at it you may want to check out Moe Sihota!
 
gerryh
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post


Campbell was a BC Liberal.. now you like the Liberals..


Campbell was about as much a liberal as wacky Bennett and his son were. Remember them? How about flying phil?

I live in Alberta
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

While you are at it you may want to check out Moe Sihota!


... I concede, you win.

The PILF should win. I don't live in BC anymore, so..



Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I live in Alberta

ah yes, the best province in the Dominion.

I have my place in Calgary, AB & Big Spring, TX.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Campbell was about as much a liberal as wacky Bennett and his son were. Remember them? How about flying phil?

I live in Alberta

I don't think there was much wrong with old Wacky, he just refused to spend money he didn't have. I think his worst fault was cosying up to Flying Phil who was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. I imagine he told Phil do what you want, but make sure I don't hear about it.-
 
gerryh
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I don't think there was much wrong with old Wacky, he just refused to spend money he didn't have. I think his worst fault was cosying up to Flying Phil who was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. I imagine he told Phil do what you want, but make sure I don't hear about it.-


there was a reason he was called "wacky" and it wasn't because he was WAC.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

.

ah yes, the best province in the Dominion.

.


ummmm....no. one province in the Dominion. Every Province is a hell of a lot more than it's politics. If it was all about the politics, then I would consider Alberta a shyte hole and wouldn't be living here.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

there was a reason he was called "wacky" and it wasn't because he was WAC.

There was a reason he held onto power for 20 years too. There's no doubt he was "wacky" by today's standards, but the province prospered in those days. You just have to look at towns like Trail, Port Alberni, Powell River as they were then.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

there was a reason he was called "wacky" and it wasn't because he was WAC.




ummmm....no. one province in the Dominion. Every Province is a hell of a lot more than it's politics. If it was all about the politics, then I would consider Alberta a shyte hole and wouldn't be living here.

Well, one thing for sure Gerry, you never want to take politics too seriously.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

ummmm....no. one province in the Dominion. Every Province is a hell of a lot more than it's politics. If it was all about the politics, then I would consider Alberta a shyte hole and wouldn't be living here.

eh, I wasn't talking about politically.. although I don't have an issue with our provincial government, nevertheless will vote Wild Rose next election.

A family can get further ahead in Alberta vs the rest of Canada, good wages, low taxes overall, great Health Care that is FREE, and so on. Also Alberta has an extremely stable geology, no volcanoes exploding, no earthquakes, no recurring hurricanes every year. Yes it does snow, but it not nearly as much as in a lot of other places around the world, and we get Chinooks...


ENTERTAINMENT

  • 2 NHL hockey teams (Edmonton Oilers & Calgary Flames)
  • 2 CFL football teams (Edmonton Eskimos & Calgary Stampeders)
  • 280 golf courses
  • a huge number of festivals across the entire province (Calgary Stampede)
  • some of the best mountain resorts for skiing and snowboarding in the world
  • biggest shopping mall in North America
  • archaeological expeditions in the badlands, home of the dinosaurs

HEALTH & LIFESTYLE


  • free health care
  • no rats (only place in North America)
  • some of the best beef in the entire world comes from Alberta
  • has world renowned and highly recognized universities and colleges
  • has a vibrant arts scene, and a beautiful brand-new art gallery in Edmonton
  • safe communities with a superior quality of life and diverse culture

ECONOMICS


  • real estate is still relatively cheap
  • no provincial sales tax, payroll tax, machinery tax or equipment tax
  • flat income tax of 10%
  • jobs, and lots of them, over 440,000 new jobs were created in Alberta between 1999 and 2009
  • has the highest Gross Domestic Product growth rate in Canada

Last edited by B00Mer; May 12th, 2013 at 01:35 AM..
 
skookumchuck
Free Thinker
+1
#22
Good job Boomer! Send them all to Alberta
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

no, I left BC less than a week after campbell and his band of crooks took office. I voted for the NDP and got outa dodge.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

No, I don't live in Ontario either. My family left there in '68 and moved to BC.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I live in Alberta

Along with Forums, Gerryh has pretty much been banned from every major Province in Canada.
 
Mowich
Conservative
#24
If the NDP win this election our province will be in the proverbial toilet for the next four years....if not more.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#25
Most polling demonstrates the distance is between 7 and 9 percent and the NDP is
ahead. In addition in the lower mainland it is much higher and that is where the votes
are. Rich Coleman can say what he wants the Liberals are not going to win this election.
In addition Chriti is behind in her own riding
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Most polling demonstrates the distance is between 7 and 9 percent and the NDP is
ahead. In addition in the lower mainland it is much higher and that is where the votes
are. Rich Coleman can say what he wants the Liberals are not going to win this election.
In addition Chriti is behind in her own riding

It's good to be ahead in popularity, but it's better if you are ahead in intellect and honesty! -
 
gerryh
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Most polling demonstrates the distance is between 7 and 9 percent and the NDP is
ahead. In addition in the lower mainland it is much higher and that is where the votes
are. Rich Coleman can say what he wants the Liberals are not going to win this election.
In addition Chriti is behind in her own riding


Please, someone make my day and tell me coleman is behind in his own riding. I've been waiting over 10 years for that )(&&%^&(* to get bounced.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Please, someone make my day and tell me coleman is behind in his own riding. I've been waiting over 10 years for that )(&&%^&(* to get bounced.

Richie must be getting pretty long in the tooth by now....................time for new blood! He might be a bit of an opportunist!

P.S. What did he actually do to you Ger?
 
gerryh
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Richie must be getting pretty long in the tooth by now....................time for new blood! He might be a bit of an opportunist!

P.S. What did he actually do to you Ger?


can't say, can't prove (any more), so I don't wanna give the opportunity for someone to sue my a$$...... let's just say that IMNSHO he's one of the biggest crooks in BC politics.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

can't say, can't prove (any more), so I don't wanna give the opportunity for someone to sue my a$$...... let's just say that IMNSHO he's one of the biggest crooks in BC politics.

Which one isn't? -
 

Similar Threads

1
'Text neck'
by Locutus | Sep 20th, 2012