Tony Clement apologizes for calling 15-year-old a jackass

taxslave
Free Thinker
What has spelling got to do with counting beans? Other than Tony is not much good at either.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
GreenFish66
+1
Sorry ..Jakazz!

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

I never got my balls in a knot. I'd remember that. Man that would hurt something fierce.

By the way if Clement had called the kid a piece of sh!t I think an apology would have been in order. That's a little harsher than jackass--wouldn't you agree.

For some people it is a complement. I still think the only real distinction between the two incidences is one is a Lib and the other a Con. One never knows what will pop out of one's mouth when they are frustrated and upset. I doubt anybody sits and debates with themselves which expletive to use in a knee jerk reaction.

shadowshiv
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

His appology is damage control. Politics 101: when confronted appologize.

This is also used when their hands are caught in the cookie jar...or the knickers of a callgirl.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66 View Post

Sorry ..Jakazz!

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

For some people it is a complement. I still think the only real distinction between the two incidences is one is a Lib and the other a Con. One never knows what will pop out of one's mouth when they are frustrated and upset. I doubt anybody sits and debates with themselves which expletive to use in a knee jerk reaction.

I disagree. There are different levels of frustration. Looking at Justin and Tony's situation is not unlike looking at an exchange on this forum. One might call someone a jackass for repeated trolling and another might call that same person a piece of sh!t. Now when the mods sit down and evaluate those two comments which one do you think they will deem more severe?

Personally I could careless if Justin fires expletive after expletive around the house of commons. Same goes with Clement. You want to tweet your ass off there is no doubt you will draw a few trolls. It is rather funny that the kid only hit him for his spelling. Why not the G8? I guess that shows the intelligence of the Jackass.

mentalfloss

You want to tweet your ass off there is no doubt you will draw a few trolls. It is rather funny that the kid only hit him for his spelling. Why not the G8? I guess that shows the intelligence of the Jackass.

The fact of the matter is that the kid drew Tony out and made him look like a jackass.

If you're a public figure, you have the freedom to say your piece, but you also have the responsibility for how the public will respond. I personally think it's kinda funny that Tony would respond that way, but it definitely says a lot about his character as well. Especially in light of his scandals and belligerence, the public realizes he's a two-bit chump and this is just more evidence of that.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

If you're a public figure, you have the freedom to say your piece, but you also have the responsibility for how the public will respond.

I see, so Tony Clement is responsible for all of your cut and pastes. As is Rob Ford.

Damn them! How dare they be so irresponsible.

Give your head a shake man.

mentalfloss

I see, so Tony Clement is responsible for all of your cut and pastes. As is Rob Ford.

Damn them! How dare they be so irresponsible.

Give your head a shake man.

When I say responsible, I mean accountable moreso. By all means, I would never take away Tony's freedom or any politician's for that matter to call anyone of us a jackass. I'm just pointing out that whatever the natural repercussions of that act are, they will bear on the character of that individual.

Who knows?

Tony could be seen as a HERO OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Oh hey, I think I just gave Ezra a new headline.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Oh hey, I think I just gave Ezra a new headline.

You really don't like it when someone doesn't toe the party line, eh?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

No, I just know how to properly mock a caricature.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Party line????????? Does any party have one that you can come back and find tomorrow?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

No, I just know how to properly mock a caricature.

Yep... That'd be the party-line I'm talkin about

mentalfloss

Yep... That'd be the party-line I'm talkin about

Do you have a link to where mocking a media figure is part of a party platform? lol