How well do you guys know baseball

critter171
Do you know it well enough or there some things that confused you never understand? or just want to talk about about baseball.

DurkaDurka
I lost all interest in Baseball after the strike in the 90's. It also doesn't help that the BlueJays are perpetually mediocre.

Last Game I went to was 2 years ago at the Skydome... horrible place to watch a game, it's like watching baseball in a parking garage.

Johnnny
id rather watch golf or nascar

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I lost all interest in Baseball after the strike in the 90's. It also doesn't help that the BlueJays are perpetually mediocre.

Last Game I went to was 2 years ago at the Skydome... horrible place to watch a game, it's like watching baseball in a parking garage.

the blue jays are getting there, just give them time, i never been to skydome so i can't comment on how bad it is. but a lot of people complain about our park fenway being a dump. but its more of a classic to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

id rather watch golf or nascar

meh i could see nascar but golf? really? you don't like baseball? may i ask why?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by critter171 View Post

the blue jays are getting there, just give them time, i never been to skydome so i can't comment on how bad it is. but a lot of people complain about our park fenway being a dump. but its more of a classic to me.

meh i could see nascar but golf? really? you don't like baseball? may i ask why?

Critter, you sound like the Blue Jays management There's always next year.

Fenway may be old but it has character, the Skydome is concrete monstrosity devoid of anything that makes a baseball game fun.

You won't catch me watching Nascar or Golf either.

critter171

Critter, you sound like the Blue Jays management There's always next year.

Fenway may be old but it has character, the Skydome is concrete monstrosity devoid of anything that makes a baseball game fun.

You won't catch me watching Nascar or Golf either.

Lol but the blue jays i see have improve very good. they just have to compete with the al east which is the hardest one to beat in all of the leauges in mlb. I wonder how Canada would do if they could add a national team.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:40 PM..

DurkaDurka

Lol but the blue jays i see have improve very good. they just have to compete with the al east which is the hardest one to beat in all of the leauges in mlb. I wonder how Canada would do if they could add a national team.

We have a national baseball team that competes in the Olympics, but we don't have the sort of talent to compete with the US, Dominican etc on a daily basis.

AnnaG
The baseball/softball I like is fun. Local teams get together on a nice day and scoot around bases, catch flies, etc. and then get together off the field for a beer and pickled sausages and stuff.

critter171

We have a national baseball team that competes in the Olympics, but we don't have the sort of talent to compete with the US, Dominican etc on a daily basis.

oh i wouldn't say that but you can say good bye to that sport in summer olympics... one of the reason i hate ioc at the moment.

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

The baseball/softball I like is fun. Local teams get together on a nice day and scoot around bases, catch flies, etc. and then get together off the field for a beer and pickled sausages and stuff.

That's very fun and cool, send some sausage to me please, i love to umpire baseball one of my favorite things to do. I also get paid for it. I also have to travel to different cities sometimes into another state.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:41 PM..

DurkaDurka
Baseball is an institution in the US, like hockey in Canada. Lots of Canadians play baseball in the summer, but that's it. We don't have much College baseball here, the good ones end up going to the US.

#juan
Baseball? I know baseball. One guy throws a ball and another guy tries to hit it with a stick while the rest of the players stand around and scratch themselves. All baseball players spit.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Baseball? I know baseball. One guy throws a ball and another guy tries to hit it with a stick while the rest of the players stand around and scratch themselves. All baseball players spit.

Risus

Just a reminder: the Blue Jays took 2 world series.....

And no, you can't teach me anything about baseball I don't already know...

Risus

I guess you don't know that much about baseball. We had the Montreal Expos in the National league. I believe they are in Washington now...

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Just a reminder: the Blue Jays took 2 world series.....

And no, you can't teach me anything about baseball I don't already know...

yea i am sure your one of millions who think tie goes to the runner at first right.

I guess you don't know that much about baseball. We had the Montreal Expos in the National league. I believe they are in Washington now...

that team does not exist anymore. they are part of mlb in the usa ... kind of just show how much canada should catch up to the us in baseball. as for blue jays i never said they never won anything.
1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first. I know a lot about baseball.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:44 PM..

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

just like when one guy takes hockey stick and tries to score with the puck? don't try to even demison baseball it as much as team sport as hockey is.

Baseball is an institution in the US, like hockey in Canada. Lots of Canadians play baseball in the summer, but that's it. We don't have much College baseball here, the good ones end up going to the US.

There some good games here i know the high school i went to really just plan sucks in baseball.

EagleSmack

yea i am sure your one of millions who think tie goes to the runner at first right.

I'm one of those. Does not the tie go to the runner on any base?

Quote:

that team does not exist anymore. they are part of mlb in the usa ... kind of just show how much canada should catch up to the us in baseball. as for blue jays i never said they never won anything.
1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first. I know a lot about baseball so don't give me litte jackass attuide

This is what I am talking about Critter.

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I'm one of those. Does not the tie go to the runner on any base?

the runner has to beat the ball. having tie which is nearly impossible to do. you have to beat the ball. a tie not beating the ball. millions of people here in usa think that as well.

there a lot of videos on youtube that goes "tie goes to the runner right?"

This is what I am talking about Critter.

i never was trying to bash canada i like the country i just think some of the people on here need to take chill pill and as far as Canada national team is history. its not in Canada anymore. its part of the nl east. which is in old us of a.

Risus

1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first.

The yanks were pi$$ed when we won it. Beat them at their own game, lol. Who gives a damn what century it was?
And as far as the Expos, if you read my post rather than taking a knee jerk reaction you would see that I said there 'used' to be a team in Montreal, responding to your comment about wondering how a team would do in the national league.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:43 PM..

EagleSmack

The yanks were pi$$ed when we won it. Beat them at their own game, lol. Who gives a damn what century it was?
And as far as the Expos, if you read my post rather than taking a knee jerk reaction you would see that I said there 'used' to be a team in Montreal, responding to your comment about wondering how a team would do in the national league....

Are you actually saying we were pi$$ed when the Blue Jays won the World Series?
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:44 PM..

Risus

Are you actually saying we were pi$$ed when the Blue Jays won the World Series?

Yep.

As someone else posted here, I lost interest after the strike, and I think a lot of you south of the border did too?

Johnnny
critter i recommend you take the rest of the week off, re orgnize get your **** straight and come back with guns a blazing

EagleSmack

Yep.

As someone else posted here, I lost interest after the strike, and I think a lot of you south of the border did too?

I guess you guys have been pi$$ed since a Canadian city hasn't seen the Stanley Cup since 1993. I guess we're beating you at your own game by your foolish statement.

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has anything to do with the franchise winning.

critter171
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

critter i recommend you take the rest of the week off, re orgnize get your **** straight and come back with guns a blazing

ok i ask you nicey why you did not like the sport.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:45 PM..

critter171

I guess you guys have been pi$$ed since a Canadian city hasn't seen the Stanley Cup since 1993. I guess we're beating you at your own game by your foolish statement.

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has nothing to do with the franchise winning.

Now correct me if i am wrong here but didn't everyone hate yankees winning so many times? that what i here all the time. i don't hear anything about being upset over blue-jays or.... any other team.

Risus

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has anything to do with the franchise winning.

Frankly I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup. Professional sports isn't sport, it is crap. Ever since the strikes... Hmmm, maybe the Raptors....

Johnnny

ok i ask you nicey why you did not like the sport.

I said it for your benifit, the union lost the first battle of manasas, but won the war. There is still hope for you
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:46 PM..

#juan

just like when one guy takes hockey stick and tries to score with the puck? don't try to even demison baseball it as much as team sport as hockey is.

You can compare hockey to soccer but baseball isn't even in the same league as either of those sports. Baseball might be compare favorably to Cricket as a game that almost any age can play.

critter171
anyways go red sox!
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:46 PM..