2018 CFL Season

Tecumsehsbones
+4
#961  Top Rated Post
OK, guys, gratuitous, embarrassing compliment.

Ready?

This is what I still like about Canada. Y'all can be as nasty, stupid, and small-minded as anybody else, but at the Grey Cup, there was respect. And on this board, I don't think anybody wanted the Stamps to win. Some of us like the RBs, some just hate the Stamps. But when it was done, y'all gave them due respect. Didn't blame the officials, or the field, or Edmonton, or the coaches, or the weather, or whatever. Acknowledged that the Stamps may not be the better team, but they were the better team yesterday.

I like to think we used to be the same way down hereabouts. Maybe we were. But even if we were, there's less of it now. More whining, more bitching, more excuse-making, less respect for a job well done, less civility. Probably our best moment in the last few years was after the Parliament attempted shootings, and I think we were as decent as we were because, well, it was Canada. Can't let them see us being jerks.

So, we may have all the nukes, but y'all have something we've lost (or maybe never had).

So, respect to y'all.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

OK, guys, gratuitous, embarrassing compliment.

Ready?

This is what I still like about Canada. Y'all can be as nasty, stupid, and small-minded as anybody else, but at the Grey Cup, there was respect. And on this board, I don't think anybody wanted the Stamps to win. Some of us like the RBs, some just hate the Stamps. But when it was done, y'all gave them due respect. Didn't blame the officials, or the field, or Edmonton, or the coaches, or the weather, or whatever. Acknowledged that the Stamps may not be the better team, but they were the better team yesterday.

I like to think we used to be the same way down hereabouts. Maybe we were. But even if we were, there's less of it now. More whining, more bitching, more excuse-making, less respect for a job well done, less civility. Probably our best moment in the last few years was after the Parliament attempted shootings, and I think we were as decent as we were because, well, it was Canada. Can't let them see us being jerks.

So, we may have all the nukes, but y'all have something we've lost (or maybe never had).

So, respect to y'all.

I have faith that there are still people in the US of A who, like you, are able to give credit where it is due, Tec. It may not seem that way what with the nutso guy at the helm of the good ship White House but he too shall pass.
Thank you for your post and know that though I am not and never will be a Stumps supporter, I don't hate them and am happy they are in our great league.

petros
+1
I went as far as cheering for the Hoovers but I just can't throw support behind CGY.

spaminator
Former Calgary Stampeder Browner sentenced in attempted murder case
Associated Press
Published:
December 4, 2018
Updated:
December 4, 2018 6:35 PM EST
This photo provided by the La Verne Police Department, in California, shows Brandon Browner. Browner, a former NFL football cornerback, was arrested Sunday, July 8, 2018, after police say he broke into the Southern California house of an ex-girlfriend who has a restraining order against him. (La Verne Police Department via AP)AP
POMONA, Calif. — Prosecutors say former CFL and NFL cornerback Brandon Browner has been sentenced to eight years in prison for trying to kill his ex-girlfriend after breaking into her Southern California home.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office says Browner was sentenced Tuesday after pleading no contest to attempted murder as part of a deal with prosecutors. The 34-year-old also pleaded guilty to two misdemeanour counts of cruelty to a child.
The judge ordered Browner to stay away from the victim and her two children for 10 years.
Browner played with the Calgary Stampeders in the late 2000s, winning the Grey Cup in 2008, before going on to win Super Bowls with the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots.
He was arrested in July after breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s apartment, chasing and dragging the woman and then trying to smother her in a carpet, investigators said.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/for...ed-murder-case