Taliban Praise Muslim Brotherhood Election Victory

Locutus
Calls It “Strong Blow To American And Zionist Expansionism”…

Via the Taliban’s official english-language website, Voice of Jihad:
The election committee of Egypt announced Dr. Muhammad Mursi as president in the ongoing election the previous day. Egypt has a pivotal role in the Middle East and the election of Dr. Muhammad Mursi, the candidate of the Ikhwan-ul-Muslimeen as the president is a great change on the Middle Eastern level and generally on the international level which carry the hopes of positive changes for the Islamic Emirate.

The success of the Islamic Government in Egypt is considered to be the strongest blow in the Middle East and the whole world to the American and Zionist expansionism. May the Muslim Nation of Egypt and their newly elected government take good advantage of this important occasion and historical victory in the defense and achievement of the interests of the Islamic Ummah.

Therefore the Islamic Emirate congratulates the Muslim Nation of the brotherly country Egypt and their elected president Dr. Muhammad Mursi on this glorious occasion and presents its best wishes.

The leadership of the Islamic Emirate prays to Allah Almighty that the newly elected government of Egypt serves its nation in the best possible way and on the whole successfully and legitimately defends the Islamic issues on the Muslim world level.

The Islamic Emirate appreciates all those supports rendered to the Afghans by the brotherly country of Egypt during the Russian occupation and similarly thanks from the core of heart the International Al-Azhar University for all those stances condemning the current occupation of the Americans and their atrocities.

Wassalam,

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

6/8/1433 Hijjira

25/6/2012 Gregorian

Declaration of the Islamic Emirate regarding the success of the candidate of the

h/t Weasel Zippers

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Taliban Praise Muslim Brotherhood Election Victory In Egypt, Calls It “Strong Blow To American And Zionist Expansionism”…

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+1
The Generals control the armed forces of Egypt, it won't be going Taliban style anytime soon.

EagleSmack
+1
Will the Brotherhood be blasting away at the Sphinx?

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+3
This tells us a lot the real losers of the Arab Spring are those who fought
for Democracy and we helped strengthen the hands that would do us harm.
No more interjecting our position in these matters. Let the people decide
and if they want that kind of government we should cut off aid and begin to
exit the oil purchases. We can develop our own sources of oil there is more
of it in other parts of the world.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

This tells us a lot the real losers of the Arab Spring are those who fought
for Democracy and we helped strengthen the hands that would do us harm.
No more interjecting our position in these matters. Let the people decide
and if they want that kind of government we should cut off aid and begin to
exit the oil purchases. We can develop our own sources of oil there is more
of it in other parts of the world.

I think Colpy said something along the lines of...

"Whenever you vote a government like this in you only need to vote once."

Just the Facts
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

The Generals control the armed forces of Egypt, it won't be going Taliban style anytime soon.

Depends what you mean by soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Yup, the golden age of Egyptian democracy is over. It voted itself out.

Egyptian Leftist Politician Rifat Said: The Muslim Bortherhood Will Never Relinquish the Presidency - YouTube

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts View Post

Yup, the golden age of Egyptian democracy is over. It voted itself out.

Egyptian Leftist Politician Rifat Said: The Muslim Bortherhood Will Never Relinquish the Presidency - YouTube

I've no doubt. They are in control, now they simply need to consolidate power... set up a Revolutionary Council... and BOOM... another Dictatorship.

One obstacle is the military. They need to crack that nut.

Just the Facts
Free Thinker
+1

and Obama. Big supporter.

Edit: What I mean is, Obama will help them crack that nut.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation

I've no doubt. They are in control, now they simply need to consolidate power... set up a Revolutionary Council... and BOOM... another Dictatorship.

The military has been the de facto ruler for ages, they won't be giving up their part anytime soon.

Just the Facts
Free Thinker

The military has been the de facto ruler for ages, they won't be giving up their part anytime soon.

Yup I agree, but Obama's on it, and with the power of the U.S. behind him, the military might just realize defeat.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts View Post

Yup I agree, but Obama's on it, and with the power of the U.S. behind him, the military might just realize defeat.

Who knows? Interesting times ahead.

BaalsTears
What do Barack Obama and the Taliban have in common? They both congratulated the Muslim Brotherhood on its victory, and neither sees the Muslim Brotherhood as an enemy.

earth_as_one

Durka is correct. The generals still control power. Mursi needs more than the support of the Muslim Brotherhood to force the military to hand over power. . He has stated that he will reach out to the coalition of groups which overthrew Mubarak:

Mursi has already begun consultations for the formation of his presidential guard and deputies, as well as the government, which he said would not be limited to the Brotherhood’s political wing Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), but would include the other political parties and forces, Egypt’s daily al-Masry al-Youm reported.

Obviously the guy isn't an ignoramous or the boogie man. If he rules wisely and in the best interests of all Egyptians, he might even get a second term.

CDNBear
+5
#14  Top Rated Post
Oh you guys!!!

The Muslim Brotherhood build hospitals, hand out scholarships, and all sorts of other altruistic stuff.

Stop bashing them, they aren't the boogieman.

It's not as if they have a policy of hate, murder and tyranny.

Oh wait.

Locutus
+2
Egypt presidential candidate seeks Constitution based on Sharia Law

Egypt’s Constitution should be based on the Koran and Sharia law, presidential candidate from the Muslim Brotherhood Islamist movement Mohamed Morsi said.

“The Koran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal,” Morsi said in his election speech before Cairo University students on Saturday night.

Today Egypt is close as never before to the triumph of Islam at all the state levels, he said.

“Today we can establish Sharia law because our nation will acquire well-being only with Islam and Sharia. The Muslim Brothers and the Freedom and Justice Party will be the conductors of these goals,” he said.

The Muslim Brotherhood Islamist group has been banned in Egypt for decades before being legalized following the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak in last year’s popular uprising, and has since emerged as a powerful political force.

The first round of Egypt’s presidential election is scheduled for May 23-24. The presidential campaign starts on April 30 and finishes at midnight on May 21.

The president will be elected for a four-year term.

Egypt presidential candidate seeks Constitution based on Sharia Law: Voice of Russia

As Frau Farbissina might yell..."Send in the DRONES"!!!

CDNBear
+2
“The Koran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal,”

But the Muslim Brotherhood build hospitals, hand out scholarships, and all sorts of other altruistic stuff.

They aren't the boogieman.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

I think it was more like you only GET to vote once.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Mursi has already begun consultations for the formation of his presidential guard and deputies,.....

Presidential Guard?

Iranian translation... Revolutionary Guard

Kreskin
The Egyptians don't have any problem making regime changes these days. I don't think a religious dictatorship will hang around too long.

EagleSmack

Okie Dokie

Kreskin
+1

Okie Dokie

The Egyptians would toss him out like yesterday's salad.

EagleSmack
+1
Uh huh.

I wouldn't bet your next plate of poutine on that.

Kreskin
+2

Uh huh.

I wouldn't bet your next plate of poutine on that.

Not the poutine but I'll double up on back bacon and maple syrop.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Not the poutine but I'll double up on back bacon and maple syrop.

Time will tell.

Kreskin
+1
Their society appears to have had enough of the dictatorship shenanigans.

Locutus
+1
Egypt’s New Muslim Brotherhood Government Bans Jews From Holy Site…

Egypt's post-Mubarak government has decided it would not be 'appropriate' for Israelis to visit the grave of a famed 19th century rabbi

Egypt’s Foreign Ministry said Wednesday it had told Israel that it would not be “appropriate” for Israeli pilgrims to make an annual visit to the tomb of a 19th-century Jewish holy man in the Nile Delta.

Egypt notified Israel two months ago that it would be “impossible to hold the annual ceremony because of the political and security situation in the country,” the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

Wednesday's announcement came as Muslim Brotherhood activists mobilized to block the pilgrimage route.

more

Egypt to Block Jewish Pilgrims From Holy Site - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

h/t Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Egypt’s New Muslim Brotherhood Government Bans Jews From Holy Site…

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Their society appears to have had enough of the dictatorship shenanigans.

As did Iran it appeared.

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Egypt's post-Mubarak government has decided it would not be 'appropriate' for Israelis to visit the grave of a famed 19th century rabbi

Egypt’s Foreign Ministry said Wednesday it had told Israel that it would not be “appropriate” for Israeli pilgrims to make an annual visit to the tomb of a 19th-century Jewish holy man in the Nile Delta.

Egypt notified Israel two months ago that it would be “impossible to hold the annual ceremony because of the political and security situation in the country,” the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

Wednesday's announcement came as Muslim Brotherhood activists mobilized to block the pilgrimage route.

Are these next?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I think it was more like you only GET to vote once.

Brother Colpy spake a heap of truth.

Unfortunately, soon coming to a country near us.

New name: The Reformed Transparent Conservative Party of Enlightened Jesus .of Canada

good, eh

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

But Loc!!! They build hospitals! Hand out scholarships!

They are not the boogieman!

I repeat!

They are nit the boogieman!!!

Locutus
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

But Loc!!! They build hospitals! Hand out scholarships!

They are not the boogieman!

I repeat!

They are nit the boogieman!!!

Ok, ok...new topic:

Shatner drops pants at L.A. airport

Shatner drops pants at L.A. airport | Home | Toronto Sun

Is that weird?