Welcome to NHL Hockey!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
hi everyone.
Thanks Kreskin, I'm happy to be of help if I can. I'm making up complete NHL rosters for every team, so with all of the player moves in the off season, if you need to know where
certain players end up, just let me know and I will look it up for you.

With all the talk about Mats Sundin this summer, what does everyone think of that situation, as it has almost run it's course, and most seem to fed up with it now, but there
are six teams waiting for his answer, which should come soon, as he has to lace up those
skates, and get at it.

Celery cap? (do I know you?)
Maybe we can have a hockey pool. If the season starts around the beginning of October perhaps, if we did have one, we could start putting it together mid-late September.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hmmm, just thinking about that word 'terrified', on a hockey forum, just doesn't
seem macho enough, could you modify please.:lol:
How about 'pissed'!!!

yet yipes earns no complaint!? lol.

Alright, fine.... crap I'm frickin' freaked!! How's that hockey goddess?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
How about some suggestions for the Canuck's captain choice this year.

I'm sure if Sundin comes to Vancouver, he would be obvious choice, but assuming
that he isn't coming, give me your ideas.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

I changed the tag to say NHL Hockey Insider (it was Hockey Goddess), and made your profile Canuck blue.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

That' s a tough one.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Willie Mitchell, Ryan Kesler, Matias Ohlund, have been suggested on other boards,
and I won't give my suggestion right now, I want to know what you think.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Willie Mitchell, Ryan Kesler, Matias Ohlund, have been suggested on other boards,
and I won't give my suggestion right now, I want to know what you think.
If the Canucks still use the player-vote system to pick a captain it's hard to say. I like Kesler for the hustle. If the captain is doing it then the younger guys might be motivated by his example.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If the Canucks still use the player-vote system to pick a captain it's hard to say. I like Kesler for the hustle. If the captain is doing it then the younger guys might be motivated by his example.

In my opinion the ideal situation would be, that Sundin shows up and picks up the
captaincy for two years, then either Kesler or Bieksa, (if he is still a canuck) would
be ready.
If Sundin does not come, then one of the older guys. I like
Kesler for his toughness, but I do think he needs to mature a little more first, I
think Bieksa is mature enough, but not sure about his play right now, and there is
always rumours that he will be traded, so he is a question mark.

I'm glad Naslund is gone, not that he played that bad last year, he had enough points, but
someone else needs to be captain, and I didn't think it was right to take it away from him. He has no 'passion' and 'grit' to inspire his players, his long face, and poor body language was depressing.
He will probably play better in New York, no pressure as a captain, and he can blend in, and not
be talked about so much.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Celery cap? (do I know you?)

Mmmmm. Celery. I especially like celery with cheese whiz on top.

Why I need a knife and fork for celery is beyond me, but what the heck!:lol::p

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Montreal -----104
Ottawa-------- 94
Boston--------- 94
Buffalo--------- 90
Toronto-------- 83

Last seasons standings for the northeast division. How do you think that will change
this season, some say toronto will put it all in the toilet this year to get 'Tavaras' (sp?)
could happen I guess, but they still would have to be part of the lottery.

Oh, Toronto will be in the toilet even if they wanted to win. I am a Leaf fan, but I am not looking forward to the disaster known as the 2008-2009 NHL season.