More than half of Canadians overspend: study

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
More than half of Canadians under 50 spend their disposable incomes without thinking about their financial futures, suggests a study released Thursday.
The Burn Rater spending test, commissioned by Mackenzie Investments, found 24 per cent of respondents under age 50 are overspenders and 32 per cent show overspending tendencies.
The term burn rate refers to how quickly disposable income is spent. Questions included: "Have you gone shopping and/or bought things to make yourself feel better?" and "Have you spent money in your account near the end of a pay period, because you knew you were about to get paid again?"
More than half of Canadians admitted to being impulse buyers, while 37 per cent of respondents under 50 and 22 per cent of those over 50 said they have hidden purchases or told someone they paid less for an item than they actually did.
And when they're spending, almost half of Canadians use their credit cards to buy something when they don't have enough money in their bank accounts to pay for it.
Dr. Sunghwan Yi, a professor of marketing and consumer studies at the University of Guelph who helped develop the test, said people who overspend have a hard time making ends meet and trouble saving for the future.
The findings suggest younger and middle-aged people "tend to basically spend money without thinking about their financial future," Sunghwan told CBCNews.ca, adding they "don't seem to appreciate the fact that the retirement age is quickly approaching and this realization often comes as they reach the age of 50, but it's way too late.
Full story
Can you relate to these findings?

More...

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
More than half of Canadians under 50 spend their disposable incomes without thinking about their financial futures, suggests a study released Thursday.
The Burn Rater spending test, commissioned by Mackenzie Investments, found 24 per cent of respondents under age 50 are overspenders and 32 per cent show overspending tendencies.
The term burn rate refers to how quickly disposable income is spent. Questions included: "Have you gone shopping and/or bought things to make yourself feel better?" and "Have you spent money in your account near the end of a pay period, because you knew you were about to get paid again?"
More than half of Canadians admitted to being impulse buyers, while 37 per cent of respondents under 50 and 22 per cent of those over 50 said they have hidden purchases or told someone they paid less for an item than they actually did.
And when they're spending, almost half of Canadians use their credit cards to buy something when they don't have enough money in their bank accounts to pay for it.
Dr. Sunghwan Yi, a professor of marketing and consumer studies at the University of Guelph who helped develop the test, said people who overspend have a hard time making ends meet and trouble saving for the future.
The findings suggest younger and middle-aged people "tend to basically spend money without thinking about their financial future," Sunghwan told CBCNews.ca, adding they "don't seem to appreciate the fact that the retirement age is quickly approaching and this realization often comes as they reach the age of 50, but it's way too late.
Full story
Can you relate to these findings?

More...

Oh poor stupid CBC propaganda meisters.....struggling to find some way of blaming the kids for being angry and frustrated and disgusted with LIE-beral policy that is failing in all directions! LIE-berals counted on youth voters to push them into power in exchange for offering kids a bright future- and once in power LIE-berals told the kids to forget it- that McJobs WERE their future!

Here is a post I saw recently and it illustrates the utter ignorance of civil service Hogs regarding the actual workings of the real world! Sadly the Hog enjoys giving idiot advice to desperate people- I think I have seen his crap before- advising people with no construction experience to become well paid plumbers by watching Youtube videos! But the fool is NOT helping! This time Hog advised:

Desperate guy! Hook up with the lonely girl! Find a job... ANY job... Bank your money. Buy a minivan... an old one but a GOOD one. $1,000. Preferably with a trailer hitch 'cause you're going to need it for the trailer you later buy. Haul scrap metal to the yard. learn every trick of the trade... copper wires... copper cores in pool heaters and air conditioners... etc.

I say the guy is not just a fool- he is dangerous to our sanity! Find a job he says- in Durham Region where General Motors and all its spin off business is DEAD unless LIE-berals exempt them from their Carbon crap and trade garbage! And LIE-berals WILL NOT offer such exemptions- if they do it for one then they MUST do it for all! And LIE-beral;s are deep into “kill Nafta” mode as Our idiot Boy Justin ignores Yankee fears re- those tens of thousands of illegals flooding into Canada- Yankees do not want to import Muslim terror along with their dairy and softwood lumber! So Nafta is probably on the way out due to LIE-beral stupidity- and GM will be one of many to take a HIT!

Hog says “bank your money” and ignores the 50 percent of young people crippled by college debt and now back living with parents because they HAVE NO MONEY!

Hog says “buy a mini van for $1000.00" and Hog is clearly blind to the reality that the ONLY VANS available for a grand are ones being sold- FOR PARTS! For a grand you get something with a blown engine or a possibly repairable transmission that is laying on the ground where it landed- after the mechanical disaster that rendered the vehicle worthless except as scrap metal! For a grand you WILL NOT be taking the machine for a drive clean test and will be lucky if it even starts fairly regularly on warm sunny days and thus desperate driver guy will be always on the watch- ready to duck into a side street so a cop will not ticket him for driving an unsafe and non drive clean tested and not insured vehicle! And auto insurance is a unaffordable/impossible LUXURY for that one grand vehicle on scrap metal collecting income!

Even more obvious is that the kid will NOT be permitted to park a rotting van full of scrap plus a trailer full of junk on any rental property! It is ILLEGAL- under leasing deals- to run a business from a rental property and landlord WILL shut the kid down and make him move his wreckage!

Up till about 10 years ago- cops used to run a blitz once a year to get problem drivers and vehicles off the road. They would let it be known in the newspapers in Durham Region that they would be checking vehicles coming off 401 in Whitby- looking for insurance papers, valid licence, proper emission test result reports and etc! In spite of this advance warning, 25 percent of the cars and drivers pulled over had legal troubles of one sort or another! And this was YEARS BEFORE the 2008 mortgage melt down! In those “better days” before LIE-berals gouged us on electricity and so much more, the number of drivers on Region roads that had trouble with their paperwork and driving illegally was over thirty five percent!

Hog says “ haul copper scrap to the yard” - and- what a MAROON! The last guy I saw hauling a big load of copper wire to the scrap yard had broken into a Hydro substation and removed several hundred pounds of copper trimmings and left overs. Its called THEFT and only a person who owns nothing and does not mind some jail time if the winds of change blow his way will indulge in such economic activity! Hog has NO IDEA how many people are already chasing this stuff!

Such a “job” is starvation wages at best with a SHORT CAREER as the van is OLD to begin with and guy WILL NOT be earning enough money to do any repairs! One fine day it will DIE and IT will be the last item sold to the scrap yard- towed in by suddenly out of business entrepreneur! Assuming cops do not shut him down for that pesky lack of licence, valid drive clean and insurance!

And there is an added bonus in this Hog crap that just keeps on TAKING! There are so many people going through our trash that govt is trying to find ways to shut the trade down! It is already illegal to take aluminum cans and bottles with deposits on them out of blue boxes! Not that it stops desperate people from denying blue box Hogs of their deposits! Just this morning I heard a crash and looked out to see a guy with a bicycle picking himself up after wiping out after the dozen shopping bags full of cans tripped up his bike! Bruised and battered, covered in filth, apparently homeless, soaking wet but determined- he went on rooting through likely looking trash cans in a light rain- while keeping a wary watch for cops or bylaw people who might interrupt his urban foraging!

But govt wants ALL the scrap for themselves! Yes- they are trying to discourage people from putting out old water heaters and aluminum eaves troughs and bits of copper wire from renovations out on the curb- free to be hauled away by any finder who wants it! Hogs want to find a way to stop people from leaving metal at the curb- free for anybody to pick up and take away!

The public generally figures govt is crazy to try to stop such a trade because govt wants us to phone the city and have two city Hogs in a 5 ton truck come around to pick up our metal at a cost of a couple hundred dollars per hour for truck and men! But the public figures it is more cost effective just putting stuff at the curb and letting private citizens- who usually need the money- come around on their own time with the truck THEY PAY FOR and collect that scrap! The public is ALREADY angry enough about “ eco fees” that they see as just another tax gouge! The public is disgusted with the govt greed for pennies from scrap- AND for their efforts to create more useless Hog jobs that could be done WAY cheaper by private sector!

And those people who make something like a living collecting scrap? Its like becoming a Hog- or joining the Mafia- you cannot get there UNLESS YOU ARE CONNECTED!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I "try" and save $1500 a month outside of my pension contributions. Usually though its around $1100 - 1300. :(

Yes- and most of the "over spending" is by LIE-berals!

Here is another article illustrating the usual failure of LIE-beral policy. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Homeless, helpless, is the system to blame?

By Sue-Ann Levy, Toronto Sun.
First posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 09:17 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, July 23, 2017 09:29 PM EDT

David Masters- not his real name- says in that time he’s not only seen the worst of humanity but has experienced how little the city’s well-resourced homeless programs have done to give him a “hand up” to get his life back on track.

He’s 32, been living on the streets for a little more than a year and desperately wants to work.

Masters met me last week near the city library where he spends his days sending out resumes on an old laptop, one he carries in his knapsack, along with a clean pair of slacks and a shirt for job interviews.

He figures he e-mails out 30 resumes a day and if he’s “lucky” gets two or three interviews. This summer he’s sleeping in a parkette at Harbourfront, because he feels the area is safe.

He collects $330 a month from Ontario Works and tries to survive on $6-$10 day for food so he has extra money to wash his clothes, shave in a public restroom (at 25-cents a pop) and to pay for a phone (to get job interviews).

Masters e-mailed me after he saw my article on the panhandlers at Spadina and Lakeshore, noting it made him angry.

“I can’t bring myself to do that (panhandle),” he says. “If I sat down I’d feel like I was giving up.”

He didn’t want his real name used because he says he lost his last job as a front desk clerk at a small inn two months ago when the manager there found out he was sleeping on the streets.

(In our job poor economy any sign you are off the usual and expected standard is a sign you are not a `proper` employee! Being homeless- for any reason short of nuclear war is no excuse in the eyes of most- its Catch 22-you cannot get a job if you don’t have a job! Temporary employment agencies will even turn down an otherwise good potential employee simply for lack of a reliable car so they can phone you at very short notice and get you to a job site- but on minimum wage you cannot keep the car running- it’s a form of economic cannibalism!)

A senior web designer by profession with a BA in Digital and Media Arts, his descent into homelessness began with his father’s sudden death due to a heart attack two years ago, His father was his only remaining relative — he has no siblings and his mom passed away from breast cancer six years ago.

“I got really depressed and my work suffered,” he says, noting he used up all his savings to help his dad (who was living in the U.S.) with his health care costs.

(And here is a GREAT ARGUMENT AGAINST the two tier medical care that Cdn civil service union Hgs are touting as the `solution` to LIE-beral rationing of health care! Education budgets are rising 50 percent faster than health care budgets because teachers are more reliable supporters of vote buying LIE-berals. So in spite of student numbers dropping- teachers get the gravy while numbers of hospital patients soar and doctors and nurses get the LIE-beral shaft!)

Masters says he started missing project deadlines and was let go 18 months ago. He subsequently lost his apartment.

He said after staying in the Scott Mission for just one night — where his passport and his originial laptop was taken from his knapsack — he reached out a little over a year ago to the city’s ($17-million) Streets to Homes program at 129 Peter St.

Pat Anderson, spokesman for the city’s Shelter Support and Housing department, says of the 90 StoH workers, there are 71 at Peter St. who are supposed to be providing housing access to clients, shelter referral, case management and counselling as well as putting together a “housing plan” to which a client can commit.

“Our job is to help street-involved clients seek and secure permanent housing,” she said, noting staff even accompany clients to see units.

(OH yes- the `mission statement` is so brave and bold- and flies so completely in the face of reality!)

That’s not at all what happened with Masters. After taking down all of his information, he said the caseworker he met told him they have no apartments to offer because they’d pretty well “burnt their bridges with (private) landlords” — that he’d have to search for apartments himself.

(This “burning of bridges” might perhaps have something to do with Hogs sending crazy people off to deal with private landlords instead of over to psychiatric treatment? And said landlords are now leery of anybody with a govt welfare cheque in hand thanks to drug addicts, hookers, dealers and loons showing up with govt references? Or maybe landlords are leery of Black Lives Matter militants lecturing them or trying to defend criminal gang bangers living on rented private property?)

He said she also gave him a list of shelters (he refuses to go back), offered to put him on the seven-year waitlist for affordable housing and that was it.

Masters says he’s never been approached either by any of the city’s 19 street outreach workers while he sleeps outside— particularly in winter when he was forced to wander the streets to keep warm.

(This is a fine reason to save money by firing `outreach` workers- because all the homeless- the ones in their right minds- know where the shelters are- but refuse to use them for various reasons- including threats of robbery and violence and the too frequent prevalence of bed bugs and lice etc. The others- the drugged, the crazed- don’t care where the shelters are and cannot be helped by anything less than an enforced stay in a govt facility under medical care!)

At the Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS) office at Metro Hall, it took him nearly three months to get steady payments because his file kept getting misplaced or “messed up.”

His current — and fifth — caseworker- the turnover is tremendous- is better than the others but he feels TESS officials never really take it “seriously” that he wants to get off welfare.

(Caseworkers are not serious because the odds of escaping welfare are grim! The longer you are off- the more obstacles you face as employers fret over why somebody else did not snap you up earlier- its that nasty Catch 22!)

Despite assurances from TESS spokesman Anna Fiorino that a key responsibility of a caseworker is to develop a service plan for each client- which includes referrals to job opportunities and mental health supports- which , he says at no time has he been given a list of job openings or been told about any resources provided to help update his resume, upgrade his computer skills or help search for a job, or has he been provided money to buy new clothes for job interviews.

“I feel like the city and the government programs ... they give you enough just to survive,” he said. “They don’t give you enough to change your life or get out of your situation ... they give you enough to keep you where you’re at.”

He says after a year on streets he feels invisible.

(Yes- his invisibility is a DESIRED CONDITION- one Hogs want him to maintain so he will not embarrass LIE-berals or upset the public!)

Masters says the people he encounters mostly just ignore him or sometimes he’ll hear comments that he’s a “bum, a hobo and why doesn’t he get a job?

“I would get a job if I could ... it really sucks,” he says. “I feel like less of a person ... I don’t feel like I’m part of society ... I feel like I’m just walking around and that’s it.”

(It is remarkable how many Cdns- ones either working for govt or who have inherited money- believe there ARE enough jobs for everybody who wants one! Naturally, LIE-berals promote this smug self satisfied view at every opportunity even as they fret over soaring debt levels! )

SOME FACTS ON TORONTO'S HOMELESS/ONTARIO WORKS PROGRAMS

- Duties of Ontario Works caseworker: Develop a customized service plan with each client that includes referrals to job prospects, job training programs and housing and mental health supports.

- Average starting salary of an OW caseworker: $65,000

(A starting salary of $65 grand a year to tell `clients` to read the want ads and network with friends and relatives- and to hand out maps to the homeless shelters? HAHAHAHAHA! And that $65 grand does NOT include the usual solid gold Hog pension either does it!

- No. of Toronto OW clients, June 2017: 83,924

- No. of clients who left OW in June 2017 due to employment or who declared employment income: 2,464 (2.9%)

(I wonder what amount of cash you have to get to declare “employment income”? A hundred bucks? Maybe $500.00? Certainly far less than a typical Hog earns in a week!)

- No. of Streets to Homes workers: 90

- No. doing street outreach: 19

- Area of coverage downtown: Bathurst to Parliament and Lake Ontario to Yorkville

- Outreach hours: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. 7 days a week in downtown core

- No. of StoH workers at 129 Peter St: 71

- Duties: Operate 24/7 40-bed transitional shelter, provide case management and counselling, housing access, shelter referral.

(Yeah- we have already seen what “case management” and “housing access” typically involves- one helpless shrug after another!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have a 'solution': raise taxes and grow the debt on social-justice virtue signalling.
Here is an article illustrating that too many LIE-berals just do not connect well with logic and reality! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Time to turn municipal visions into reality.

By Jim Warren, Postmedia Network. First posted: Saturday, June 04, 2016 07:00 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 04, 2016 07:07 PM EDT

(Warren is a campaign strategist for mainly LIE-beral candidates such as Dalton McGinty, Wynne-bag and others of that ilk so his advice is quite definitely slanted in STUPID directions!)

It’s time to start spending to build transit, public housing and other infrastructure in cities across Canada.

Not just in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. Our economy is more than just big three cities.

(Apparently Warren does not often read the newspapers and does not realize that the money we need to build transit is being swallowed up by a horde of Muslim asylum seekers? Nor is he clued in to the vicious behind the scenes struggle between various levels of govt all vying for the right to be first to go bankrupt as they seek to BUY civil service Hog votes!)

The needs have been identified in urban centres across Canada – announcements have been made and commitments given. Now it’s time to start paving and building the roads, housing and public transit of tomorrow -- today.

As over 2,000 elected officials and municipal staff converged on Winnipeg for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) conference this weekend, the role of cities in our economy and the impact they have on our quality of life have never been more important.

(Yes- all these airhead LIE-berals offer us a vision of the future that is just as clear and bright and likely to appear as the crap on offer in one of those Stalin era five year plans. As Soviets joked: “if Russia took over Saudia Arabia, there would soon be a shortage of sand”! LIE-berals think we will be content with grand plans and wonderful artists conceptions of possible transit routes that might be built in Toronto if only Glinda the Good Witch of the West would help us out!)

Mayors and their cities are driving the national political agenda. They have all the right people saying all the right things – they just need to turn vision into reality.

(Too bad they cannot afford their hallucinogenic `vision`. Certainly not in Toronto with the following rough estimates of necessary repairs to EXISTING infrastructure- without getting into the costs of new stuff: T.O. needs at least 3 billion to repair the Gardiner Expressway, needs roughly 12 billion to rebuild affordable housing before it all rots and falls down, needs another few billion to repair aging water pipes and sewers, needs a couple more billions to replace aging electrical grid equipment, needs more billions to repair collapsing roads, needs 50 - 100 billion to `top up` municipal employee pension plans- with the real number being perhaps more like 300 billion- nobody will tell us the bottom line. Toronto needs 20 billion just to keep existing features functioning! The pension crap is utterly insane and not doable at all!)

Many of Canada’s brightest political lights are at the municipal level and were in the spotlight in Winnipeg, leading the charge for transit and infrastructure renewal.

(Bright lights at Winnipeg municipal whine fest? Warren is selling us the political equivalent of those damned halogen bulbs that cost a fortune, don’t last as long as advertised and don’t produce as much light as older incandescent bulbs! The DIM BULBS in Winnipeg are delusional if they think they can sway other levels of govt to put aside their vote buying efforts in favour of giving gravy to municipal dorks so THEY can buy votes! This is the blind leading the blindfolded- and the blindfolded cannot see that night has fallen and they are rendered blind even without the blidfold!)

Last summer, Canada’s mayors launched the nation-wide Big City Mayors’ Caucus (BCMC) Vote for Cities campaign to secure dedicated, predictable funding for public transit and infrastructure; new federal dollars for economic development opportunities to attract job-creating investments; and increased support to build more affordable housing.

This campaign was an enormous success during the 2015 federal election campaign. The FCM campaign was almost copied word for word in the Liberal platform, when Canadians decided to put the Liberals into power.

But now it’s 2016 and promises need to be converted into reality. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau attended the conference Friday. He again committed to those same priorities.

(Yes, yes, Our idiot Boy is great on talk- but not so good on follow through. LIE-beral policy is collapsing faster than a snow man in the Sahara! Our idiot Boy will need and ENTIRELY NEW set of lies for the 2019 election if he expects to retain his seat! And it looks increasingly likely that Ontari-owe LIE-beals will be sitting away at the back of Queens Park with the other losers after the 2018 election so there is no way of wringing money out of that stone! And any new govt will look at the ten to one rate of provincial transfers and quickly conclude that Hogtown/Toronto has been getting WAY TOO MUCH for way to long- a quick way to balance Ontari-owe books will be to START making Toronto pay its way!)
Trudeau acknowledged the issues that impact our lives the most are local ones – issues that are also the most politically important. That’s why Trudeau showed up in Winnipeg for the second time in two weeks.

The prime minister needs the mayors as much as they need him. Much of the Liberal campaign platform requires cities to implement the changes Trudeau promised.

This is a recipe for success if both sides can get the ball rolling. Mayors in our big cities are driving the agenda and cities are where economic growth is happening.

(There MIGHT have been growth in the Cdn oil patch if only LIE-berals would allow some pipe lines to be built so our products could be exported and used! But Our idiot Boy would rather see eastern Canada continue to buy oil from bankrupt socialist basket case Venezuela than see Alberta oil sent east because Our idiot Boy is a hard core socialist and he does not want us to recognize what part muddle headed socialist dogma- of the type beloved by the Trudope silver spoon socialist family- played in the collapse of Venezuela!)

(In addition, LIE-berals are harshly critical of the level of civil rights in some Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia- but Saudis do not vote in Canada- but Albertans do and they don’t like LIE-berals much so LIE-berals are content to emasculate Albertans by refusing to help export their oil while Saudis continue to rake in the cash. For a typical LIE-beral, political considerations are vastly more important than business logic!)

The majority of Canadians live in cities and urban issues are now national issues. Quality of life, jobs, transit. These are the priorities of Canadians. So politically, Trudeau and the mayors need each other to be successful.

(LIE-berals also need to bribe municipal leaders so they will not gripe too much and make LIE-berals look bad as cities struggle to deal with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants that LIE-berals hope will vote for them!)

Besides promoting infrastructure and the economy, the FCM conference also examined the impact cities are having on social change.

Many of the mayors who attended are front line leaders, taking political risks to set new boundaries for cultural values and norms. Mayors are often the vehicle for social change.

(Yes- our Jackass John the Sorry Tory mayor of Toronto has explored new versions of insanity by making the reverse bigots of Black Lives Matter into a Silly Hall protege with a series of grants and public acceptance of their mad bigotry! Imagine what a leap of logic it must have taken for a mayor to decide that a group dedicated to offering a defense of pimps, `hoes`, drug dealers and untreated lunatics- blaming all troubles on cops- actually had something useful to contribute to the moral life of the community?) )

For example: Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson on the issue of truth and reconciliation; Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie on racism and integrating mosques into mainstream culture; Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi on urban revitalization and social housing.

(LIE-berals have been working on their “truth and reconciliation” for 2 years and native suicides are now SPIKING as their Missing, Murdered Indigenous Women Inquiry collapses into impotent rage and disappointment! Congratulations! As for Mosques- the majority of Cdns OPPOSE letting Muslims immigrate here at all- so integrating people who cheer when one of their radical idols runs us over with a truck is NOT a project worth the price!)

Where prime ministers or premiers used to lead on social change, the mayors now drive that agenda as reflected by their new power and influence.

They have won the commitment of Canada’s prime minister for change. They have the political power and mandate to implement change – both economically and socially.

(OH yes, Our idiot Boy recognizes there MUST be change- too bad he has no idea that HE and his multiple failed LIE-beral policies are at the heart of the problem. I guess he is blinded by the light of his “sunny ways”?)

Now the hardest part of all needs to happen – turning vision, promises and words into new, robust and healthy cities.

(Yes- the healing can begin just as soon as LIE-berals are swept out of office!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Canadians are in love with real estate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pity poor stupid Hoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some 19th century British Lord sneered at North Americans because "the idea of owning land is burned into their brains"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1039- the population of Britain was 45 million people and there were 49,000 land owners in Britain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NERVE of ordinary people actually wanting to own a place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do they think they are?????????????????????????????????

So what do you suppose is the root of that fine old word "landlord"???????????????????????????????????

You can find that information about Brit land owners in the Churchill biography by Martin Gilbert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals believe they are so grossly ENTITLED they are channeling the arrogance of dead British aristocrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pity poor stupid Hoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some 19th century British Lord sneered at North Americans because "the idea of owning land is burned into their brains"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1039- the population of Britain was 45 million people and there were 49,000 land owners in Britain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NERVE of ordinary people actually wanting to own a place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do they think they are?????????????????????????????????

So what do you suppose is the root of that fine old word "landlord"???????????????????????????????????

You can find that information about Brit land owners in the Churchill biography by Martin Gilbert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals believe they are so grossly ENTITLED they are channeling the arrogance of dead British aristocrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOPSIE--------------------MISS PRINT above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be 49,000 Brit land owners in 1939- NOT 1039!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Ottawa seems to be the one that is overspending.
http://www.debtclock.ca/

OH MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your tinfoil hat has fallen over your eyes and is blocking your view yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you could see and think clearly you would notice that OF COURSE OTTAWA IS OVER SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what LIE-berals DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals BUY VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence all the arguments about the illegals that LIE-berals are inviting here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the protests of the people who will have to pay the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals support causes based on how many votes may be BOUGHT from such support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many more Muslims in the world than there are Jews..............so LIE-berals support Muslims FOR THE VOTES they can BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly for air heads like you- LIE-berals have convinced Muslims and others that LIE-berals represent main stream Canada and of course THEY DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid vote buying LIE-berals have given support and encouragement to radical Muslims who HAVE NOT NOTICED how badly LIE-berals are doing in current political polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIE-BERAL POLICY IS FAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better be careful MHz or you will get FLUSHED along with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
OH MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your tinfoil hat has fallen over your eyes and is blocking your view yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you could see and think clearly you would notice that OF COURSE OTTAWA IS OVER SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what LIE-berals DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, . . . but. BTW when you are an 'outsider to every group' you are label free.
Why not waste a lot one the next generation and somebody down the line worry about it. That method seems to have gotten this generation through relatively painlessly. What would the lenders do with all that muskeg that is collateral, other than rail it down to Texas to mix with the brown dust. 'All Aboard, . . . '

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
That would be the 1/2 (4/5) that is closest to the US border, . . . no matter what the topic is.

Here is yet another article illustrating the LIE-beral lack of any business sense!

And we need to recognize that the more gravy LIE-berals waste on themselves and on their civil service union pals......................

THE LESS CASH there is for ordinary people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With some comments of my own in brackets):

UP Express mess a red flag for future projects?

By Shawn Jeffords, Political Bureau Chief

First posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 04:16 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, January 15, 2017 04:33 PM EST

Related
Fed-up Metrolinx threatens to cancel $770M Bombardier deal for LRT
Metrolinx rehires contractors despite bad work, AG report finds
Metrolinx slapped with new spending, oversight rules
Ontario auditor general blasts Liberals in new report

Could the UP Express fiasco be a sign of things to come for two of the region’s next major transit projects?

Both Metrolinx CEO Bruce McCuaig and board chairman Rob Prichard muse about the implications of the UP ridership failure and the questions it raises in e-mails obtained by the Toronto Sun through a Freedom of Information request.

The train, which covers a route between Union Station and Pearson International Airport, launched June 6, 2015, with the target of attracting 5,000 riders a day within a year. The goal was to work towards break even status, which would require around 7,000 riders a day with the one-way fares set at $27.50.

(How sad that LIE-berals simply do NOT understand the entitlements of the privileged classes that are predominantly found on air planes! As we know - one third of Cdns do not feel they can afford any holiday- and as we know that civil service union Hogs get grand pay and wonderful pensions courtesy of selling their votes to LIE-berals- it stands to reason that airline travellers are the MOST ENTITLED Hogs in the land!)

(And the PRIVILEGED ONES want a porter to handle their bags FOR THEM! They do not want to shlep their bags like peasants on a train! Being picked up at home/front door by Town Car and deposited at terminal entrance is FAR SUPERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But when ridership dipped to less than half that number by December 2015, the documents show the province intervened, ordering the agency to slash the fare, eventually settling on a $12 one-way fee.

(LIE-berals are caught out in their own CLIMATE LIES! Hogs expect to be entitled to continue their carbon heavy life- while the environment is “saved” by forcing the rest of us to make DRASTIC CUTBACKS! It is not enough that we cut our own fossil fuel use- we must also cut enough MORE to compensate for the total lack of HOG carbon cut backs!)

(Only by destroying most of our economy can LIE-beral carbon crap and trade tax SCAM make any real change to our environment! The LIE-beral “cure” will be MUCH WORSE than the disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

On Feb. 23, 2016, the day the agency and provincial government announced the fare reduction, McCuaig and Prichard exchange e-mails about a grilling McCuaig received from reporters over the UP fare failure. McCuaig relates some of the questions asked by reporters to Prichard, including a wilting query about the agency’s confidence in its own ability to accurately predict ridership on key multi-billion-dollar transit projects including GO Regional Express Rail (RER) and Mayor John Tory’s SmartTrack.

“It’s the right question,” Prichard writes to McCuaig. “The new UP is an early delivery of SmartTrack.”

(Too bad nobody wants to discuss ridership on the Shepard subway- the 3 station line “too nowhere” as some critics scorned it! And yet Shepard Line immediately started carrying TWICE the number of expected passengers!! LIE-berals simply cannot plan fully for shifting public response! As for Smart Track and the multiple transit alternates suggested- the amount of money spent on studies probably would have built at least a one station extension of the orphaned Shepard Line!)

(But of course LIE-berals DO NOT want to build Shepard as planned because it was SUPPOSED to be connected to a Down Town Relief Line! And LIE-berals DO NOT want to build the Relief Line because subways are COSTLY- even though they are also EFFECTIVE! Building subways would cut into the supply of gravy LIE-berals NEED to buy votes so they can cling to power at any price!!!!!)

“UP is a brand new service,” McCuaig replies. “RER builds on the foundation of GO ridership. But there is no question that RER has some significant assumptions in terms of attracting new kinds of ridership.”

GO’s 10-year Regional Express Rail plan is expected to cost $13.5 billion. SmartTrack is estimated to cost $3.7 billion.

The documents also show the modelling which over-estimated ridership on the UP Express when it launched was the same modelling used to come up with the ridership projections when the fare was cut. As a result, McCuaig writes on multiple occasions he has little faith in the figures.

(And WHY should there be faith in the figures? LIE-berals want to “massage” ALL numbers for various POLITICAL REASONS! LIE-berals DO NOT want to build costly and effective subways so the numbers are massaged to make subway construction costs unattractive while making LRT`s - preferred by LIE-berals only because they are CHEAPER - numbers LOOK BETTER! And Hogs routinely LOW BALL construction costs for their political masters to make preferred projects look more attractive- hence the ROUTINE - 25 -50 percent cost over runs!!!!!!!!!)

On Feb. 18, 2016, McCuaig tells Prichard that their modelling suggests the new UP Express fare will result in a $15 million-$21 million revenue shortfall but will bump ridership up by 1,200 daily customers.

(ALL LIE-beral transit numbers and carbon tax planning are working towards a single goal- to grab more gravy so LIE-berals can BUY votes! LIE-berals want to force us out of our cars and onto public transit! LIE-berals DO NOT care that the transit system is already over loaded and unreliable- all that matters is MORE GRAVY!)

“My level of confidence with these forecasts is low,” he adds.

(Yes and public confidence in the effectiveness of LIE-beral carbon crap and trade tax scam and LIE-beral interest in building ANY NEW TRANSIT is even lower!!!
WE also know that LIE-berals are determined to kill off single family detached homes - except for a privileged few! The rest of us are expected to cram ourselves into little high rise concrete boxes in dense urban areas- by doing so LIE-berals can save gravy yet again as they will have less roads to plow and less potholes to fix and less leaking plumbing creating road blocking sink holes! Its all about LIE-beral gravy and the wishes of the public be DAMNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The UP Express costs the province $68 million a year to operate.

(AND THERE is the key to all LIE-beral policy! LIE-berals DO WANT the books to be balanced! Its just that LIE-berals and their Hog allies expect to RETAIN THEIR COSTLY ENTITLEMENTS even as general Cdn living standard is ruined due to LIE-beral greed for gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!)