Gay Shame Parade

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
HA HA HA! Never had complaints in THAT dept - just in the sensitivity thing. Us guys are hard enough for gals to figure out. When the heart just doesn't go that way....

Wolf

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
We all have the right to our parades although personally I find such public exercise appallingly boring. Then again I'm an extremely impatient individual who has trouble waiting for the punch line in a joke. Let the town have its parade. Let the gays have theirs. Let anyone else who can convince City Hall or Town Council of their merits to have theirs too. Just don't ask me to attend.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Personally, I hate parades - but if someone was trying to shame me about my lifestyle, you bet I'd organize a parade to shove it right back in their faces.

Push me into a closet? Brother, I'll push you right off the wharf in retaliation!

Pangloss

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Now I don't mind Santa parades as long as they're no more than two blocks long. I rather get a kick out of the old duffer even now. And as for gays, given the boldness and public lewdness of some of their well publicized parade efforts, it's little wonder they're seeing some pushback. I think that's likely the reaction some expected. And - politically - hoped for.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
HA HA HA! Never had complaints in THAT dept - just in the sensitivity thing. Us guys are hard enough for gals to figure out. When the heart just doesn't go that way....

Wolf
At last someone that can take a lil fun..well actually there are a few here...thanks man...honestly i got to thinking you might have taken me even slightly serious.....i was going to uber grovel if you got offended.....
thanks it means a lot to me....

i wouldn't have let you think i was really serious......just needed to get over some previous rage and you afforded me well....
yer alright!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Ho my gawd ... I thought it was a real story! I ran across it somewhere in my internet travels and was outraged. Someone call the gullibility police on me.

I went to the Onion this morning and had a huge laugh. Some of the articles are great. They have a wonderful bunch of writers with a beautifully twisted sense of humour.

Oh well, got folks yapping about a good issue tho, didn't it? ;)

In keeping with the article, here are a few thoughts:

And my fav:

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
I was going to refer to Snopes after I read that one, but thanks for the hoot!

Personally, I'd like to see a "Sexual Pride" parage where people of all orientations (and fetishes) can come out and express themselves. Why should gays have all the fun?

You might have to have it later at night when the kids are all out shooting each other somewhere else in town...

Muz

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Ooops I always have something to say don't I ?

Think about it - what if these kinds of parades were 'against the law''??

Just one example of not being allowed to parade for a cause: women would not have a place in the world and would still be without a vote.

Do we want to go back there?

Ever again?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Yes, and I hear Bountiful, BC, has a yearly Polygamy Parade. The RCMP even have an entry. It's a large float where redcoated officers chase putative townsfolk about pretending they're doing something about it.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I read about 2 sentences before I had a STRONG suspicion it was Onion-related- almost every time I read something that is such a "layered" outrage (that wacky "picture" really drove it home for me) I suspect the Onion- good idea to check there first when ya sees something this outrageous, Cosmo :D

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
well i'm happy that our new admin is actually rose Anna dana from SNL....i keep useing this gag ...does anyone remeber her....the NEVERMIND lady on snl neewsbreak......
:sign6: Heehee ... I remember her. And ya, kinda feel like her after that!

I read about 2 sentences before I had a STRONG suspicion it was Onion-related- almost every time I read something that is such a "layered" outrage (that wacky "picture" really drove it home for me) I suspect the Onion- good idea to check there first when ya sees something this outrageous, Cosmo :D

I actually discovered the story at a more serious news place, but I had no idea the Onion existed. Its hilarious!! When I discovered my dumb a$$ mistake, I went back and read it.

:evil3: From now on, ya can bet I'll read the source more carefully.

:bootyshake: We're all allowed to do something idiotic now and then!! That was mine for August, tho!

Last edited:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
And to the other side of the view.... here's an incident I hope will not be replayed again - it has to be choice - free choice.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57022

Curio ... first thing I did was make sure that wasn't a parody. I was hoping you'd made the same error I did. :(

That is horrible. Its the same as me being forced into an anti-gay parade. I can see the Chief "encouraging" people to participate but making it mandatory is just plain wrong. Obviously being gay is no innoculation against biggotry and stupidity. It is so disappointing that one of the first women in that sort of position makes such a big mistake.