David Suzuki's Rock bus Eco - Tour -Mr .Kyoto himself

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
By the continued childish behaviour you express and your inexplicable inablity to see the hypocracy in DS's actions, I can only sumize that you have no ablity to refute my assertions, so it's just insults now.

How typical of the self righteous leftist eh?

You and DS have a lot in common, he did the samething when he was cornered...
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover022207.htm

You and DS need to do a whole lot of growing up.

not only do comment on alternative technologies from an intellectual void but you think I care enough about what you have to say about Dexter to actually follow some link.

you really ARE an idiot.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
not only do comment on alternative technologies from an intellectual void but you think I care enough about what you have to say about Dexter to actually follow some link.

you really ARE an idiot.
Even though you wish to bring this down to a childish name calling game, very sad on your part, I will not lower myself to your level. You seem happy to wallow in the muk by yourself anyways.

DS= David Suzuki.

btw, Grow up, your immaturity only serves to lessen everybodies opinion of you and subsequently negating your contributions.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Even though you wish to bring this down to a childish name calling game, very sad on your part, I will not lower myself to your level. You seem happy to wallow in the muk by yourself anyways.

DS= David Suzuki.

btw, Grow up, your immaturity only serves to lessen everybodies opinion of you and subsequently negating your contributions.

You call everything call anything and everything that moves against you in here hypocritical so often you even learned to spell it properly. At least I don't pretend to wrap my opinion of you in some convoluted pretense of logic in an act of adolescent grandiosity, even if the mods HAVE bought into it.

This place has gone so seriously downhill I can only HOPE whoever is left here has a low opinion of me.

and you're STILL an idiot.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Pointing out spelling errors now are we? Nothing left to stand on is there?

Your opinion of me and of CC, is solely based on the fact that I do not agree you and not all the members here follow your train of thought, not very objective are you? Then again, coming from the creator of stuff like this...
Fascism Strahl style and Everyone's pocketbook
FASCIST Hugo Strahl's plebicite floating a straw man?
I won't way much on your opinion.

You just wrap your opinion of everything that does not fall well within your approved opinion as fascist or Conservative, all with a lovely hysterical flare.

Might I point out your incesent naming calling, as you seek to chastise me, for some imagined offence.

Odd though, you think I'm the idiot, while you are inexplicably able to see the error in Suzuki's actions. Puzzling.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
not coincidentally you didn't have anything worthwhile to say in those threads, either.

waiting on that cost analysis.
No I just could be bothered reading the hysterical rantings. I took one look at the title of the thread and dismissed the author, as having to great a bias to be anywhere remotely close to objective.

I see you still have nothing to add to the topic at hand though. Not surprising. At least you didn't resort to name calling again.

Did you see the post I made with the pretty eco friendly buses that DS could have used??? Or is that site to fascist for you?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It's unfortunate Mr. Suzuki chose the mode of transportation he did, but as Bit mentioned, the tour has offset the contributions of the bus, with contributions which mitigate that fact. Another instance where the idea of a carbon credit has been polluted by over-generalizations used by both sides. I used to hold Mr. Suzuki to a high level of integrity and fairness, but since my forray into Aquaculture, I've realized he is guilty of those generalizations I elluded to.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
that would be because you weren't looking.
No it's because you have nothing to add.

thanks for turning yourself into a case in point.
I know what carbon neutrality is, I've been to DS's web site, read most of it. You just won't to tell yourself that so you can feel superior. Your childish behaviour has blown that right out of the water.

It's unfortunate Mr. Suzuki chose the mode of transportation he did, but as Bit mentioned, the tour has offset the contributions of the bus, with contributions which mitigate that fact. Another instance where the idea of a carbon credit has been polluted by over-generalizations used by both sides. I used to hold Mr. Suzuki to a high level of integrity and fairness, but since my forray into Aquaculture, I've realized he is guilty of those generalizations I elluded to.
My opinion of Suzuki gets lower and lower every minute. Can you expand on your forray in Aquaculture and how DS played a part in that?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
What cost analysis?

Do you really expect Suzuki to use the Foundation's money to buy a brand new bus for the tour and then let it rot when he's finished with it? You said they could richly afford to do so. So prove it. How much and what's the resell value? You have a business case to ward off later claims he's pissing away donated cash or are you just talking out of your ass as usual?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Do you really expect Suzuki to use the Foundation's money to buy a brand new bus for the tour and then let it rot when he's finished with it? You said they could richly afford to do so. So prove it. How much and what's the resell value? You have a business case to ward off later claims he's pissing away donated cash or are you just talking out of your ass as usual?
In todays market, you do not have to buy anything, you can lease an eco friendly bus, just as easy as a regular tour bus.
I highly doubt the lease on a eco friendly tour bus is so much higher then that of a regular one, as to make it a hardship for Suzuki's foundation.

I think it was very short sited and lazy of them.

I love it when you have nothing you ask for hyper details. So far you used...

6. Force them to document their claims: Even if George Bush states outright that he likes tomato sauce on his pasta, you should demand documentation. If Newsweek hasn’t written an article on Bush’s pasta preferences, then Bush is obviously lying.

and...

12. When in doubt, insult: If you forget the other 11 rules, remember this one. At some point during your wonderful career as a Liberal troll you will undoubtedly end up in a flame war with someone who is better than you. This person will expose your lies, tear apart your arguments, make you look generally like a freaking retard. At this point, there’s only one thing to do: INSULT THE DIRTBAG!!! “Oh yeah? Well, your mother does strange things with vegetables.”

Of the Liberal guide for trolls.

Nothing like being predictable. But here's one for ya, prove me wrong.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

He could sell the bus couldn't he and invest that money in someone who knows something about PR?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
He could sell the bus couldn't he...

could he? would it be worth it or is the money better spent offsetting the impact by way of investment? you take a new car off the lot and the resell price plummets. I want to see some numbers out of the loudmouth.

there's nothing inconsistent in what Suzuki's doing. he's has to deal with this problem every time he gets on a plane. he also has to deal with his detractors over it. or not. they're generally not worth the bother since they're just on a fault-finding mission anyways and are bound to find something to make an issue about.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Can you expand on your forray in Aquaculture and how DS played a part in that?

Sure. Suzuki and his organization have consistantly smeared Aquaculture. Now in some cases he is right, but when he paints the industry as a whole with the same brush, he ignores the positives and never mentions them. There are farms out west which use a system that is the equivalent of placing a tank in the water. Effluent is controlled, pathogens are killed with UV light, or ozonation. Escapes are as close to 0% as possible. Granted these systems are expensive, so aren't used on a widescale basis, but the public never hears of these systems.

They consistently slam the industry for antibiotic use in the diets, ignoring other industries using much more antibiotics and forget about mentioning the use of beneficial probiotics(like those found in our yogurt). In fact Canadian aquaculture producers are less competitive than the industry in other countries because of our strict requirements for antibiotic use.

Everyone has heard of the imminent collapse of world fisheries unless commercial fishing is stopped, this includes the salmon fleet in the Pacific. Aquaculture provides the means to enhance stocks, but few people know of the Biodiversity facilities DFO runs, with world class genetic breeding programs, maintaining those pedigrees from the various rivers. This is something you would expect Mr. Suzuki to have an opinion on, as it is the field he holds degrees in.

His organization loves to scare us with horror stories of genetic contamination when wild pacific breed with farmed atlantic salmon. Huge difference in the spawning preparation among the atlantic salmon and the various pacific salmons. Pacific salmon migrate hundreds and in some case a thoudsand kilometers up very steep rivers. Anyone seen a river on the Atlantic coast? Rivers are short and the inclination is very small comparatively.

Aquaculture is also beginning to use alternatives, to accomodate the growing industry and the relatively stable or shrinking bait fish catches. The omeg-3 fatty acid is bought by many different industries including pharmaceuticals. The fish meal used as the protein content in the diets is also a limited quantity. We are studying at my school right now the growth of salmonids when fed on heat treated vegetable proteins and oil seeds. After 6 weeks the growth is on par with our control diet, very promissing and we hope to publish a paper with this study.

These and many more are things the Suzuki Foundation will never tell you. As I said there are bad apples out there like any other industry, but it's not fair to skip over the good work being done by many diligent people in the industry.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
could he? would it be worth it or is the money better spent offsetting the impact by way of investment? you take a new car off the lot and the resell price plummets. I want to see some numbers out of the loudmouth.

there's nothing inconsistent in what Suzuki's doing. he's has to deal with this problem every time he gets on a plane. he also has to deal with his detractors over it. or not. they're generally not worth the bother since they're just on a fault-finding mission anyways and are bound to find something to make an issue about.
Go google eco friendly bus leasing, I'm sure there is no shortage of companies jumping on the band wagon.

I love the name calling, grow up.

btw, I wouldn't fault the man for flying. Anyone that jumps on him for flying great distances, is being hyper critical, you understand that eh bit? It's alot like your hysterics.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Go google eco friendly bus leasing, I'm sure there is no shortage of companies jumping on the band wagon...

are you now?

name 3, tell me how much Suzuki's tour would have cost and how much GHG it would have cut back on. otherwise quit proving you're a loudmouth.