David Suzuki's Rock bus Eco - Tour -Mr .Kyoto himself

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Its a pity the concept of carbon neutrality is too advanced for some people. Obviously that includes Brodbeck, which doesn't surprise me. Anybody who devotes an article bemoaning the provincial government's lacklustre job creation performance in an economy that's a half a percent from perfect employment, which he doesn't mention, operates from an agenda which out of necessity limits the scope of understanding. Openly, anyways. His is and always will be to oust the NDP which in a lot of ways wouldn't be all that bad in itself if the alternative didn't involve voting in a batch of prep school libertarian silver spooners. Speaking of alternatives, I notice he doesn't mention any besides voiding the warranty on the bus, which makes him pretty loose with other people's money. Typical self-righteous quasi-conservative crap.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Speaking of alternatives, I notice he doesn't mention any besides voiding the warranty on the bus, which makes him pretty loose with other people's money. Typical self-righteous quasi-conservative crap.
That's pretty funny coming from you, considering...
1) This lil tour can richly afford to replace the bus in a heart beat, with all the funds it recieves, both private and public.
2) The crying and whining you did when the public puse(read other peoples money) was closed to the SoW group.

Might be seen as being a tad hypocritical of you, non?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hmm....Eight people in a bus that could hold thirty. The prime minister often travels with a dozen people on an aircraft that could hold seventy. The president of the U.S. has travelled on a 747 with a few dozen people when the aircraft could carry at least three hundred.:?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
1) This lil tour can richly afford to replace the bus in a heart beat, with all the funds it recieves, both private and public...

prove it.

and even though you obviously want to change the topic, what I was complaining about is The New Goverment®(sic) expects the department to spend the same amount of money (Harper sure managed to fool you) with half the staff and a fraction of boots on the ground.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
David S. is the target of the "reformed" conservative tree-huggers while attempting to avoid acknowledgement of a law passed years ago that was intended to limit idle time of limos waiting on the pigs mowing down on Canadian ignorance....while their limos sit running outside the National Trough...

Conservatives love to point fingers and blame someone....

When it comes to identifying the read criminals they have to be very careful though because Harper and his hooligans are every bit as corrupt and inept as any government thats preceeded them...

Bear often mentions hypocrisy....If you look up hypocrisy in the dictionary...Hey isn't that a picture of Stephen Harper....

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Its a pity the concept of carbon neutrality is too advanced for some people. Obviously that includes Brodbeck, which doesn't surprise me. Anybody who devotes an article bemoaning the provincial government's lacklustre job creation performance in an economy that's a half a percent from perfect employment, which he doesn't mention, operates from an agenda which out of necessity limits the scope of understanding. Openly, anyways. His is and always will be to oust the NDP which in a lot of ways wouldn't be all that bad in itself if the alternative didn't involve voting in a batch of prep school libertarian silver spooners. Speaking of alternatives, I notice he doesn't mention any besides voiding the warranty on the bus, which makes him pretty loose with other people's money. Typical self-righteous quasi-conservative crap.

The point being is Suzuki expects us to make those same sort of sacrafices so this looks bad for David even though I support his cause.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
The point being is Suzuki expects us to make those same sort of sacrafices so this looks bad for David even though I support his cause.

The point being the quasi-conservatives expect Suzuki to act to a standard they themselves flatly refuse to seriously consider while Suzuki manages to lead by the example by making a pragmatic compromise the very possibility of which his detractors can't afford to acknowledge.

Its a fricking bus. What are they supposed to use? A small fleet of hybrids with no desk space?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Suzuki is a media hound that tried to claim fame by arguing publicly with Philip Rushton...but couldn't manage one piece of solid scientific proof to bolster his claim. It's media manipulation ..."OH just see how the environmentalist says one thing then turns around and does something else..."

Now while Canadians are all energized on dissing on Suzuki...we are all expected to ignore the flatulent impact of the Harper Comedy Hour...greenhouse gas the quantity and nature of which has never been seen on this planet before....

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The point being the quasi-conservatives expect Suzuki to act to a standard they themselves flatly refuse to seriously consider while Suzuki manages to lead by the example by making a pragmatic compromise the very possibility of which his detractors can't afford to acknowledge.

Its a fricking bus. What are they supposed to use? A small fleet of hybrids with no desk space?

Suzuki didn't lead by example when he could easily have done so. Why should anyone else consider voiding their warranties when someone with bags of money doesn't?

It was a bad choice on his part.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
prove it.
http://www.davidsuzuki.org/About_us/FAQs.asp
"Actually, the David Suzuki Foundation's annual report for 2005/2006 lists at least 52 corporate donors including: Bell Canada, Toyota, IBM, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Microsoft, Scotia Capital, Warner Brothers, RBC, Canon and Bank of Montreal.
(Suzuki's mentor Maurice Strong incidentally is on the Suzuki Foundation's board of directors and was before joining up as a business partner with George Soros on a scheme to flood the American market with Chinese manufactured Chery cars, on the board of directors of Toyota).
The David Suzuki Foundation also received donations from EnCana Corporation, a world leader in natural gas production and oil sands development, ATCO Gas, Alberta's principle distributor of natural gas, and a number of pension funds including the OPG (Ontario Power Generation) Employees' and Pensioners ' Charity Trust. OPG is one of the largest suppliers of electricity in the world operating 5 fossil fuel-burning generation plants and 3 nuclear plants... which begs the question -- is Suzuki now pro-nuclear power?
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover022207.htm

and even though you obviously want to change the topic, what I was complaining about is The New Goverment®(sic) expects the department to spend the same amount of money (Harper sure managed to fool you) with half the staff and a fraction of boots on the ground.
No you just thought you could take another swipe at the conservatives, as usual.

Speaking of alternatives, I notice he doesn't mention any besides voiding the warranty on the bus, which makes him pretty loose with other people's money. Typical self-righteous quasi-conservative crap.

At any rate, I'll yake your opinions with a grain of salt. Seeing as their based soley on what the party dictated to you. I'm actually quite surprised you didn't call Harpo a fascist this time. Typical self righteous leftist crap.
Bear often mentions hypocrisy....If you look up hypocrisy in the dictionary...Hey isn't that a picture of Stephen Harper....
Yep, I do, and Harpo sure fits the bill. My ablity to see that and question his motives, seperates me from the shills and hacks though Mikey. Much like yourself, I see through all the minutia and call'em as we see'em, we are not blinded by hyserical party loyalty, like some. Thank gawd.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
15 kids managed to do it...
http://engineering.dartmouth.edu/thebiggreenbus/BigGreenBus_trailer.wmv
merely in search of his peers.
No just the ones that type your hysteria. I like exposing yours and their's, flaws, it's entertaining to say the least. Especially when you start to squirm, or take so long to reply as you wait for them to type a typical responce for you.

Suzuki is a media hound that tried to claim fame by arguing publicly with Philip Rushton...but couldn't manage one piece of solid scientific proof to bolster his claim. It's media manipulation ..."OH just see how the environmentalist says one thing then turns around and does something else..."

Now while Canadians are all energized on dissing on Suzuki...we are all expected to ignore the flatulent impact of the Harper Comedy Hour...greenhouse gas the quantity and nature of which has never been seen on this planet before....
Suzuki claimed 2500 scientists sighned the IPCC report, it was infact 51. He's a liar. He screams and crys about the environment, while riding in style and comfort, on a GHG maker. He's a hypocrit.

Suzuki didn't lead by example when he could easily have done so. Why should anyone else consider voiding their warranties when someone with bags of money doesn't?

My point exactly.

I won't wait for the conservative bashers to get that, the ones that do their thinking for them are busy trying to make up a new CPC "hidden agenda" to sell the sheeple.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
http://www.davidsuzuki.org/About_us/FAQs.asp
"Actually, the David Suzuki Foundation's annual report for 2005/2006 lists at least 52 corporate donors including: Bell Canada, Toyota, IBM, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Microsoft, Scotia Capital, Warner Brothers, RBC, Canon and Bank of Montreal.
(Suzuki's mentor Maurice Strong incidentally is on the Suzuki Foundation's board of directors and was before joining up as a business partner with George Soros on a scheme to flood the American market with Chinese manufactured Chery cars, on the board of directors of Toyota).
The David Suzuki Foundation also received donations from EnCana Corporation, a world leader in natural gas production and oil sands development, ATCO Gas, Alberta's principle distributor of natural gas, and a number of pension funds including the OPG (Ontario Power Generation) Employees' and Pensioners ' Charity Trust. OPG is one of the largest suppliers of electricity in the world operating 5 fossil fuel-burning generation plants and 3 nuclear plants... which begs the question -- is Suzuki now pro-nuclear power?
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover022207.htm...

so...?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Hey Bit, why don't you ask Avro the same question, oh ya, he's on your team. No sense in questioning your own 2nd string guys eh?

He has a ton of funding, I'm trying to find his annual financial report, I read it a site the other day, he's not poor buddy. But you can keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night, or the party leaders demand it.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...He has a ton of funding, I'm trying to find his annual financial report...

Well once you do find the bottom line don't forget to include the cost of the available alternative and an explanation of how it is superior both morally and financially to the tour paying a voluntary premium for the use of the bus.

maybe CC Suzuki once you figure it out.

and since the mods have obviously lifted the rule about personal attacks, you're an idiot.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well once you do find the bottom line don't forget to include the cost of the available alternative and an explanation of how it is superior both morally and financially to the tour paying a voluntary premium for the use of the bus.

maybe CC Suzuki once you figure it out.

and since the mods have obviously lifted the rule about personal attacks, you're an idiot.
It isn't a matter of financing if 15 kids can do it on vegetable oil.

Personal attacks, where did I attack you in such an immature manner. Is the wait for an intelligent responce from party headquarters killing you?

Grow up.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
that's biodiesel. they probably didn't give a rat's ass about warranty.

and you're STILL an idiot.
By the continued childish behaviour you express and your inexplicable inablity to see the hypocracy in DS's actions, I can only sumize that you have no ablity to refute my assertions, so it's just insults now.

How typical of the self righteous leftist eh?

You and DS have a lot in common, he did the samething when he was cornered...
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/cover022207.htm

You and DS need to do a whole lot of growing up.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
This is about publicity, he has a TV show and the more publicity he get the better. I don't think he is even a climatologist, he is jumping on the band wagon because it is good for his image.

In another post on climate some mentioned that the problem some of us have with this climate scare are the high priest of global warming. You bet I have a problem, they are only telling us part of the story. They have learned well from the pros that greating paranoia will make them important, Human ego. They know that people will listen to them, with a few exception, and influence government to spend millions to stop (???) global warming. What an ego trip!

They might have been more credible if they had given the whole truth about global warming. Then advocated that we needed to clean up our act for OUR OWN HEALTH.