Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119030045_3711680182193952_6104559617516333822_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OnTZ13y2pSMAX__UY6O&_nc_ht=scontent.fyka1-1.fna&oh=2306e7788d21ee7f06f9415e4ba1d465&oe=5F7EBE89

Another original ?? fakebook C/P from the facebook addict!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The reason you don't see cops shutting down KKK rallies is the same reason you don't see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The reason you don't see cops shutting down KKK rallies is the same reason you don't see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room.
That is true. In 2006, the FBI put out a report and warning on the infiltration of police departments by White supremacists.

Bit like putting out a warning that air contains oxygen, but every little bit helps.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

There are plenty of good cops, Cliff.

That is true. In 2006, the FBI put out a report and warning on the infiltration of police departments by White supremacists.

Bit like putting out a warning that air contains oxygen, but every little bit helps.

Did you ever watch FLINT TOWN on Netflix? I did, they are so underfunded, and when I watched one episode where a female police officer responded alone to a burglary call in a drug ravaged section of the town at night with no back up. I googled their pay, it was $14.00 per hour.

If people want better policing, pay them for service and train them to a high standard.

De-funding is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Did you ever watch FLINT TOWN on Netflix? I did, they are so underfunded, and when I watched one episode where a female police officer responded alone to a burglary call in a drug ravaged section of the town at night with no back up. I googled their pay, it was $14.00 per hour.

If people want better policing, pay them for service and train them to a high standard.

IMO, defunding the police, as they say, might actually push the pay scale UP.

Because it's a chance to totally redo how police are funded and chosen by a town and state.

So...

Make policing a 2 year course.

Make actual law part of what they learn.

Give them a degree.

Psych evals before and after graduation.

If they wanna go higher up the chain, they need more schooling.

Make mandatory things like de-escalation training, negotiation, basic recognition of mental illnesses, etc.

Proper training for weapons use.

Proper training for taser.

Tear gas.

Etc.

And STOP paying them 14 an hour. That's DISGUSTING. Cops deserve more than that even IF they don't have any 'extra' training.

And then add in all the other things too like mental illness emerg response team for starters.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's not what defunding means.

Yes, there are plenty of good cops. An ex-cop I know says about 1/3 are good cops who will continue to be good cops no matter how much they're encouraged to be bad cops, about 1/3 are bad cops who never should have been granted a badge, and the middle 1/3 are and will be as they are trained and led.

Here's the problem. Many cops draw their guns as they approach a traffic stop because "you never know what you're going to get." Why is that logic valid for them, but not for the driver who also doesn't know if she's going to get a good cop or some goon who joined the force when he figured out he was too stupid for college, too gutless for the army, and too lazy to work?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
That's not what defunding means.
Yes, there are plenty of good cops. An ex-cop I know says about 1/3 are good cops who will continue to be good cops no matter how much they're encouraged to be bad cops, about 1/3 are bad cops who never should have been granted a badge, and the middle 1/3 are and will be as they are trained and led.
Here's the problem. Many cops draw their guns as they approach a traffic stop because "you never know what you're going to get." Why is that logic valid for them, but not for the driver who also doesn't know if she's going to get a good cop or some goon who joined the force when he figured out he was too stupid for college, too gutless for the army, and too lazy to work?

Guess they should have picked a better word. However, I've seen plenty of signs out there that say, ABOLISH THE POLICE, the whole concept is nonsense. I hear people saying WE NEED SOCIAL WORKERS not cops. Have you seen what a social worker makes? It ain't much. How many social workers are going to respond to a "Man with knife possibly schizophrenic" call. They need to get rid of the bad apples, a tough endeavor I know. But I've seen it done with the Canadian military. Back in the 90's the Airborne Regiment had it's problems with some personnel. A new CO came into the regiment and cleaned house.

Unfortunately, Jean Chretien, then Prime Minister didn't bother to find out about the culling and disbanded the entire Airborne Regiments. No a big surprise, Chretien didn't even know he was wearing his helmet backward when he visited the troops overseas.

Oh Valiant Leader! Lead us into Glory!

There are plenty of cops working in high crime areas, in cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Bridgeport and the one thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is the affect it has on their psyche. Admittedly I'm not a psychiatrist, but I've done a lot of research on P.T.S.D. back in the days when I was advocating for veterans. One is left to wonder if some of these Police departments need to rotate their officers out of a high crime zones and give them decompression. Police Officers are subjected to the same sorts of things as soldiers. They see god awful things, like child abuse, gang violence, rape, murder, etc. While these measures may not prevent every cop from shooting someone who is innocent. It would probably help. You know something else that is demoralizing and tainting, being splashed with the broad brush of generalization. All cops are dirty, statements by keyboard commandos on social media.

On a personal note. I watched a phone video presented by Idle No More of an officer getting right up in the face of two "alleged" criminals. The cop is telling the one guy, "You want to try me on for size" or words to that effect. The video comments address the brutality of this officer toward this innocent victim.

The guy the cop was berating on the video shot a friend of mine twice, with a .357 magnum. My friend died three times on the operating table, and years later he has not fully recovered and likely won't. The guy who shot him had just been paroled nine days earlier.

And Idle No More was making him a poster boy of Police Brutality.

Here's a newsclip from the news story in 2015.

Bradley Christopher Cox, 38, who shot then-46-year-old Brian Eley in the abdomen and the neck on May 28, 2015, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault, discharging a prohibited firearm with intent to wound and possessing a firearm while prohibited to do so. He got eight years in 2015. Read the whole story.

I served with this guy in the military, just talked to him a couple weeks ago.

Here's a link to the Idle No More Video from 2013, posted two years prior to the shooting.

There's a lot of dangerous people out there, so we need cops. I look at the hysterical keyboard commando's who have no idea what their talking about. Generalizing about an organization they know little to nothing about in very much the same way people generalize about immigrants or people of color, They're all crooked! 1000 cops with 22 bad ones, means 1000 bad cops because the other guys didn't report their coworkers or quit in protest.

More nonsense.

I get the push back. But I have to say this. If Joe Biden wins the election in November and the rioting looting and arson continue, the law abiding citizens are going to lose their appetite for BLM and law and order will be restored.

Then things will go back to the way they were and nothing good will come of this.

Signed
The Cynic

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Who cares what buzzwords they pick? Paying attention to the ones shrieking "Abolish the police" is like paying attention to the righties who advocate opening fire on lawful protesters.

Big parts of the problem hereabouts are the Blue Wall culture, the insane power of police unions, and actual laws like Maryland's Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights Act, which gives cops accused of wrongdoing rights that nobody else has.

It leads to an "us v. them" mentality in which all too many cops see anybody who is not a cop as an enemy. And it replaces the kind of discipline that makes for an efficient, professional unit (as you and I remember well) with a gang mentality.

To the people who say "Demilitarize the police" I respond "You're talking about the gear, and I agree. Otherwise, militarize the police. With the training, discipline, and accountability that every 18-year-old boot learns, most of the problems will go away."

Prime example, particularly relevant to you and me. If the videos are anything to go by, police sergeants merely ratify and amplify their subordinates' bad conduct. A bad cop doesn't fear his sergeant, he trusts his sergeant to cover up for him. Which I find personally offensive, and I imagine you do, too.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
There are plenty of protests across the US tonight after this announcement earlier today.

A Kentucky grand jury has brought no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Breonna Taylor during a drug raid gone wrong. Prosecutors said Wednesday that two officers who fired their weapons at the Black woman were justified in using force to protect themselves. Instead, the only charges brought by the grand jury were three counts of wanton endangerment against fired Officer Brett Hankison for shooting into Taylor’s neighbors’ homes. Taylor was shot multiple times by officers who burst into her home on March 13 during a narcotics investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/crowds-protest-taylor-decision-police-make-arrests-73202831

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
There are plenty of protests across the US tonight after this announcement earlier today.

A Kentucky grand jury has brought no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Breonna Taylor during a drug raid gone wrong. Prosecutors said Wednesday that two officers who fired their weapons at the Black woman were justified in using force to protect themselves. Instead, the only charges brought by the grand jury were three counts of wanton endangerment against fired Officer Brett Hankison for shooting into Taylor’s neighbors’ homes. Taylor was shot multiple times by officers who burst into her home on March 13 during a narcotics investigation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/crowds-protest-taylor-decision-police-make-arrests-73202831
A LOT of the protesters are actually wearing masks.. A lot of them are carrying guns. One cop shot . Seems that the boyfriends shot was the determining factor.. in their conclusions. Almost predictable.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
A LOT of the protesters are actually wearing masks.. A lot of them are carrying guns. One cop shot . Seems that the boyfriends shot was the determining factor.. in their conclusions. Almost predictable.

Yes predictable, and I think that has been updated to two shot but they are stable which is good. If I heard correctly today, not one of the three officers involved with her death were indicted, but one was indicted with endangering the lives of the people in an adjacent apartment? Makes no sense to me.