Gun Control is Completely Useless.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/
The assault weapon ban is low hanging fruit. It is supported by everyone but the nutcases.
Its the municipal handgun ban that will be take some political doing.
Assault weapons have not been legal for decades. The last round of banned Private property were not assault weapons idiot. They were just hunting and target rifles that looked scary to retards.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/
The assault weapon ban is low hanging fruit. It is supported by everyone but the nutcases.
Its the municipal handgun ban that will be take some political doing.

You fukcing moron! That is an outdated poll. The public is pissed at the liberals. Gun violence is up and they are spending hundreds of million going after the guns that have never been a problem.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2020/09/canadian-coalition-for-firearm-rights.html

I'm surprized. These guys were actually quite reasonable in covering this. Of course, they had to point out the handful of alt-right dimwits that showed up, but 5 or 6 in a crowd of (as they estimate) 2000 - 3000 is hardly anything to fear.

They were actually much more on point than the CBC, who said 800 marched (debunked below) and refused to cover it on their TV news..........although they covered smaller protests.................in Paris FRANCE, and London, ENGLAND.

Defund the CBC.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
seriously, CBC refused to cover the Ottawa protest?

Not a word on CBC TV News, not an item on Power and Politics. This was the two days afterward, or on the day it happened.

They did have an article on their website...........but that is it.

Meanwhile, they were covering smaller protests in France and England, on the CBC TV News.

They have an agenda, and reporting on large, peaceful protests that are (in their eyes) politically incorrect does not mesh with that agenda..

I guess we need to loot, burn, and assault bystanders to get any attention. I wonder if they would call us "mostly peaceful"?

Defund the CBC

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This "Gun control" issue is impossible to resolve here. We've been telling idiots since day 1 that confiscating guns from law abiding, responsible citizens just won't work.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Change "Alberta" to "Canada", and this is right on.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
In case anyone missed it the Canadian Taxpayers Federation now has a free copy of their booklet The Case Against Ottawa"s gun buyback is available online from the CTF.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I'm wondering if Trudeau is finally beginning to realize the cost of his "assault weapon buyback". Seems to be hitting some setbacks.

Feds cancel private sector program to help with gun grab.

Just a month after asking the private sector for help in arranging a gun grab buyout package, the federal Liberals have cancelled the project.

Public Safety Canada had invited 15 consulting firms in August to come up with a range of options and approaches for the planned program to compensate gun owners.
It’s expected any plan will cost taxpayers billions of dollars.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
In case anyone missed it the Canadian Taxpayers Federation now has a free copy of their booklet The Case Against Ottawa"s gun buyback is available online from the CTF.

A tender was put out looking for an organization to administer the buyback program.

I heard the tender was CANCELED.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I'm wondering if Trudeau is finally beginning to realize the cost of his "assault weapon buyback". Seems to be hitting some setbacks.
Feds cancel private sector program to help with gun grab.
Just a month after asking the private sector for help in arranging a gun grab buyout package, the federal Liberals have cancelled the project.
Public Safety Canada had invited 15 consulting firms in August to come up with a range of options and approaches for the planned program to compensate gun owners.
It’s expected any plan will cost taxpayers billions of dollars.

I hope they dig deep to find the connections that tie Trudie to the companies involved, like WE