WE really need to get rid of this guy

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The only trick Trudeau has up his sleeve is immigration to dilute debt but that just induces inflation which raids our savings and real assets.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That would be a neat trick with immigration to offset $350,000,000,000.00+ so far in the last year, during a global pandemic with most countries borders at least somewhat if not completely closed. I wonder whom he's planning on having immigrate to Canada to accomplish this? They would have to be coming in with full pockets, and the last 5 years hasn't made Canada investment friendly to phrase it in the most positive light.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Throne Speech will be interesting all by itself, not just ‘cuz two of the party leaders are out with the Covid, but Trudeau doesn’t give the speech directly but through the Governor General who many or may not be the marionette that those in Justin’s cabinet are, and the relationship between the GG & PM might not be so cozy at this point. It’ll be weird...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Throne Speech will be interesting all by itself, not just ‘cuz two of the party leaders are out with the Covid, but Trudeau doesn’t give the speech directly but through the Governor General who many or may not be the marionette that those in Justin’s cabinet are, and the relationship between the GG & PM might not be so cozy at this point. It’ll be weird...
She could say no.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Will she though? Or will she add her own two bits to the prepared speech handed to her? Or will she be the compliant finger puppet to make her scandal and investigation go away? Unlike Bill McCain/Morneau or trust fund boy, maybe she needs the pension? Though a Liberal, maybe she’s an exception with some sort of morals and/or ethics? We’ll see in a few days I guess.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
She shouldn't have any money problems so you can discount pension.

Apparently she hates the job and needs an out. Noncompliance with with the LPC might just be the out she is looking for.

I hope she gets drunk first.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Will she though? Or will she add her own two bits to the prepared speech handed to her? Or will she be the compliant finger puppet to make her scandal and investigation go away? Unlike Bill McCain/Morneau or trust fund boy, maybe she needs the pension? Though a Liberal, maybe she’s an exception with some sort of morals and/or ethics? We’ll see in a few days I guess.

Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club.

Pierre Poilievre has stated that it will take until at least November for all the WE investigations to wrap up. According to him, if Trudeau doesn't derail the investigation again, charges will likely be laid by the RCMP. Trudeau wants an election, no matter what he says. They have spent millions on polling and appear to be backing away from their Green economy initiative, and even walking back the coveted basic income for all Canadians. They know that most Canadians want now is a rebounding economy. Now that they've crippled the economic engine of Canada, I doubt they've got a smick what to do next.

Except cut cheques to every special interest group they can.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club.
Pierre Poilievre has stated that it will take until at least November for all the WE investigations to wrap up. According to him, if Trudeau doesn't derail the investigation again, charges will likely be laid by the RCMP. Trudeau wants an election, no matter what he says. They have spent millions on polling and appear to be backing away from their Green economy initiative, and even walking back the coveted basic income for all Canadians. They know that most Canadians want now is a rebounding economy. Now that they've crippled the economic engine of Canada, I doubt they've got a smick what to do next.
Except cut cheques to every special interest group they can.

Liberals say a new climate plan is still in the works despite pandemic

Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson says he doesn't know why it was suggested recently that the Liberal government had shelved a green recovery plan ahead of Wednesday's throne speech.

But he said he is working on an "ambitious" climate plan — just as the Liberals promised during last year's election.

"Part of my mandate is to develop an enhanced climate plan for Canada that will demonstrate clearly how we will exceed our 2030 targets. I have been working on that since the day that I was sworn in as environment minister. And some of that work has accelerated during this period," Wilkinson said in an interview with CBC News on Friday.

"We do intend to bring forward that climate plan. It has not been shelved in any way. And we will be doing it well before the next [United Nations climate conference]," which is scheduled for November 2021.

So regardless of how much of a green recovery is laid out in the throne speech, there is good reason to expect a new green plan before too long.

But if the Liberals remain committed to even greater reductions in greenhouse gas emissions — and if they want to show meaningful steps toward that goal before the next federal election — there might be all the more pressure on them to seize every opportunity in the coming months to take action......More

Singh says NDP focused on getting ‘help for Canadians,’ not forcing an election

As the federal Liberal government prepares to deliver a new throne speech, New Democratic Party Leader Jagmeet Singh said his party’s focus is on getting "help for Canadians," not forcing an election amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

In an interview with The West Block’s Mercedes Stephenson, Singh said he has laid out his concerns and demands for the new Parliamentary session during a meeting with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday.

Read more: Feds say they’re prepared to discuss health-care funding after provinces voice concerns

"I'm asking and calling on the Liberal government to make sure there is help for Canadians in need, particularly if they are back in a lockdown scenario with increasing numbers of COVID-19," he said.

"We need help for Canadians, that's what I'm fighting for."

Topping the list of priorities for the NDP is ensuring there is continuing financial assistance available to help Canadians weather the pandemic, Singh said.

“Right now, the Liberal government’s proposal would take the $2,000 that families receive now and cut it by 20 per cent to $1,600,” he said, pointing to the government’s plan to transition away from the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit.

“That is wrong, and I’m telling to the prime minister directly that that should not happen,” he continued.

Trudeau had asked Gov. Gen. Julie Payette to prorogue Parliament back on Aug. 18, effectively halting all of its business.

With the new throne speech set to be delivered this week, the Liberals — having fallen 13 seats short of forming a majority government during the 2019 election — would need the support of at least one opposition party to remain in power.

While Trudeau was willing to listen to his concerns, Singh said there has been “no commitment so far.”

“I made it very clear, though, for me that the throne speech and just giving words is not good enough,” Singh said. “We need to see some action.”

Singh said he is “prepared to go to an election,” but he said that is not his goal.

"If the prime minister and the Liberal government aren't ready to deliver what Canadians need, if they're going to get caught up in scandal helping themselves instead of people -- that I'm more than ready to fight in an election," he said.

"But I understand it's a very serious decision, and it is not my goal to tear down government,” he continued. “My goal is to force Parliament to work for people."......More

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club....
An overview of benefits and personal considerations provided to Payette by the Privy Council Office just before her appointment in July 2017, shows that she earns an index-linked salary of $290,600. In addition, she enjoys two official residences, meals, chauffeur-driven transport, health and life insurance plans, and has her housekeeping and laundry done for her.

Pretty standard stuff for a governor general perhaps. What is more likely to raise eyebrows in the briefing note, obtained under Access to Information legislation by researcher Ken Rubin, is the revelation that upon leaving office the governor general will receive a taxable annuity of $143,242 a year for life — an amount that will be adjusted according to the cost of living index. That's not a bad pension for 1 years work if she bows out now....http://nationalpost.com/opinion/joh...ps-down-as-governor-general-shes-set-for-life

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What is more likely to raise eyebrows in the briefing note, obtained under Access to Information legislation by researcher Ken Rubin, is the revelation that upon leaving office the governor general will receive a taxable annuity of $143,242 a year for life — an amount that will be adjusted according to the cost of living index. That's not a bad pension for 1 years work if she bows out now....http://nationalpost.com/opinion/joh...ps-down-as-governor-general-shes-set-for-life

When I was a Canadian soldier, I paid into the CAF pension plan, CPP and EI. I am now drawing that CAF pension. When I am old enough to collect CPP, they are going to claw back the difference from my CAF pension.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
The salary and annuity are ridiculous amounts as are all public servant wages and pensions. The arrogance of assuming the individual need and ability to even spend it is ludicrous. All that happens is that it accumulates. It does not contribute to the economy because it is not spent. The whole concept of money being the most important thing is bizarre. Our leaders set the course.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Payette was given severance of roughly $200,000 when she resigned from the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 following complaints about her treatment of employees, say multiple sources. In 2017, Payette left the Canadian Olympic Committee after two internal investigations into her treatment of staff including verbal harassment, sources said.

Multiple sources have told CBC News they were stunned by Trudeau's decision to appoint Payette in 2017. They have questioned the prime minister's judgment.

"A number of us were blown away when she got appointed," said a former board member at the Canada Lands Company (CLC), the self-financing Crown corporation that owns and operates the Montreal Science Centre. Payette was vice president of CLC and chief operating officer of the Montreal Science Centre from 2013 to 2016.

"This is a Crown corporation owned by the government," said the former board member. "You would have thought they'd call to check out her credentials."