Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Pro-gun marchers speak out on federal government's assault weapon ban

Of course this article was written with a gun ban slant, they couldn't have it stand for itself like a social justice rally, could they?

The media is reporting 800 protesters. The CCFR handed out bracelets as people arrived, and they were gone early. They had 2,000 of them. More lies from the gun grabbers. As usual.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
How may licensed firearms have been stolen and used to kill people with?

Well, the Mayerthorpe guy stole one form his grandfather I think....

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
How may licensed firearms have been stolen and used to kill people with?

Well, the Mayerthorpe guy stole one form his grandfather I think....
Wrong, as always. In the murders, the shooter used a semi-automatic H&K M91, a 7.62 x 51 NATO battle rifle. It was smuggled in from the USA, along with 20 round magazines, also prohibited, and smuggled.

The shooter did NOT have a Firearms License.

That situation lends credence to our argument, not yours.

There was a rifle stolen from an uncle (I believe) of one of his terrorized henchmen by those guys, but it was a registered (as they were then) bolt action hunting rifle which was not used in the murders.

I also believe he had a Beretta 9mm pistol, smuggled as well, but it was not used either. Not sure of either of those points, just the use and origins of the H&K 91.

Only the H&K was used to kill.

EDIT: I was unsure, so looked it up. It appears the H&K was NOT smuggled, but imported legally, and NOT turned in when the weapon was banned in 1995. Likewise the 20 round magazine. Which supports our cause even more, as I have pointed out numerous times that attempts to seize legally-purchased arms only drives large numbers of them underground, and they eventually wind up in the hands of criminals.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/roszko+eight+guns+mayerthorpe/4126682/story.html

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Wrong, as always. In the murders, the shooter used a semi-automatic H&K M91, a 7.62 x 51 NATO battle rifle. It was smuggled in from the USA, along with 20 round magazines, also prohibited, and smuggled.

The shooter did NOT have a Firearms License.

That situation lends credence to our argument, not yours.

There was a rifle stolen from an uncle (I believe) of one of his terrorized henchmen by those guys, but it was a registered (as they were then) bolt action hunting rifle which was not used in the murders.

I also believe he had a Beretta 9mm pistol, smuggled as well, but it was not used either. Not sure of either of those points, just the use and origins of the H&K 91.

Only the H&K was used to kill.

EDIT: I was unsure, so looked it up. It appears the H&K was NOT smuggled, but imported legally, and NOT turned in when the weapon was banned in 1995. Likewise the 20 round magazine. Which supports our cause even more, as I have pointed out numerous times that attempts to seize legally-purchased arms only drives large numbers of them underground, and they eventually wind up in the hands of criminals.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/roszko+eight+guns+mayerthorpe/4126682/story.html
pretty sure every gun on earth starts its life as a legal gun.

the gun Marc Lepine used?

legal.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons

http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

The assault weapon ban is low hanging fruit. It is supported by everyone but the nutcases.

Its the municipal handgun ban that will be take some political doing.