captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You've hated it all these decades, eh?.. Don't want the perpetual bail-out, but you'll grudgingly accept it year over year over year

I work my ass off every year, pay my taxes every year and it's not enough.

It won't ever be.

Just like a lot of others in the province.

We've had mismanagement with every government elected since I can remember, both Liberal and Con - since that's ALL that's ever elected to be Premier here - and not ONE of them has done anything to fix the bail out issue.

So no, I DON'T grudgingly or otherwise accept it year over year over year. I've tried to vote for people who wanted to end this BS. Took me a long time to realize that there are certain people who don't want it to end, and THOSE people are the ones in power.

They'd rather take the hand-outs than do what they need to do.

Part of the problem of NB is the French and English split. Every election you can almost guarantee the results because French vote Liberal, English vote Conservative, with only a few rare cases diverging.

But it's also one of those you gotta live here to get it things. Pretty sure very few here will give a shit, they just think we can up and stop getting the Fed help.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
U.S. drops aluminum tariffs on Canada — for now
U.S. hit pause on 10 per cent tariff but could re-impose the levy after the November presidential election

source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/aluminum-tariffs-trade-trump-trudeau-1.5724391
So Canada stood up to the Trump Administration, and they folded like a deck of cards. Maybe we should build up our military, and flex some muscle. Trump is a bully and like most bullies, you just have to put them in their place, and we will be respected.
Watch for Canadian tariffs against Chinese aluminum go up. The media doesnt tell you that its sometimes cheaper for American companies to import goods through Canada.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
U.S. drops aluminum tariffs on Canada — for now

U.S. hit pause on 10 per cent tariff but could re-impose the levy after the November presidential election

source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/aluminum-tariffs-trade-trump-trudeau-1.5724391

So Canada stood up to the Trump Administration, and they folded like a deck of cards. Maybe we should build up our military, and flex some muscle. Trump is a bully and like most bullies, you just have to put them in their place, and we will be respected.
That is only part of the equation. What Trump surrendered to is pressure from GOP members who were being pressured by their constituents to drop the tariffs as the response from CDA would hurt THEM more. And in the current economy......

an aside: but this item HAS already been posted. ;-)

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lots of words, none of them nice.

Thank GODS my riding voted Green again. Megan Mitten has been amazing as MLA and I'm glad she'll be able to keep being our rep.
Yours is the first province to have an election during a pandemic and you pulled it off very well.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yours is the first province to have an election during a pandemic and you pulled it off very well.

Actually we didn't in some areas.

Mine, for example, had a Liberal observer think they were part of the elections board, as well as election workers themselves, tell local students they couldn't/weren't allowed to vote when they had every right to..

Students had to call the board office and complain, as well as our local MLA who got right on it and made sure they knew they were allowed to vote.

Not sure if it was from improper training or what but our area doesn't need a reputation that it has issues with Students voting considering the student numbers we have.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Actually we didn't in some areas.

Mine, for example, had a Liberal observer think they were part of the elections board, as well as election workers themselves, tell local students they couldn't/weren't allowed to vote when they had every right to..

Students had to call the board office and complain, as well as our local MLA who got right on it and made sure they knew they were allowed to vote.

Not sure if it was from improper training or what but our area doesn't need a reputation that it has issues with Students voting considering the student numbers we have.
we in the west , don't get all that detail , so our impression was that the process went rather smoothly Go figure. Thanks for the facts / reality ..

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Good that you think that.
When there's a mass exodus of nurses and other medical people out of NB because Higgs won't pay them, you can blame him for more "Easterners" taking Western Jobs.
After all, Higgs did tell people if they don't want to work for the pay they get now, move to Alberta.
And yet most of us DON'T want to have to be bailed out.
Of course no one in the West seems to get that.
Why do you think so many move West? It's so they don't have to be 'bailed out' by the Feds.
But those of us who stay hate it.
To keep the nurses rates up that the province can't afford
Your stupidity and ignorance is on full display TM.

And where do you think I got the idea from? Weren't you threatening nurses would leave if they don't get their money while at the same time saying you don't want Oil dollars bailing you out?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
we in the west , don't get all that detail , so our impression was that the process went rather smoothly Go figure. Thanks for the facts / reality ..

I think it might depend who you listen to. Locally that was a problem we had. I'd heard of other issues elsewhere so...

Maybe overall it went okay, but maybe I'm also being biased since I despise Higgs.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And where do you think I got the idea from? Weren't you threatening nurses would leave if they don't get their money while at the same time saying you don't want Oil dollars bailing you out?

Actually I said our PREMIER suggested nurses move out west if they wanted more money than they currently make in NB, despite doing the same jobs as those in Alberta.

My point was people don't WANT to have to move.

And we DON'T want to be bailed out. By the way, it's not just "oil" dollars... stop with that whole BS that's all where it goes to.

But successive governments do SFA to even try to bring NB up to a level that's helpful.