End the Lockdown

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If Canada had taken no measures whatsoever, the death rate would have been 30 times the rate of a normal season of influenza.

450,000 death/year worldwide x 0.5 (Canada's share of World population) = 225,000

22,500 x 30 = 675,000

675,000 people would have died in Canada from the start of the pandemic until early 2021.

It has been 5 months since Canada recorded over 12 cases/day for the first time (March 11). I will just use that as a starting point for the pandemic. So:

675,000 x 5/12 = 281,500

281,500 Canadians would have died without social distancing measures.

By implementing social distancing measures, we managed to save 272,000 people.

Saying COVID is 30 times deadlier than the seasonal flu is conservative, as many virologists believe it to be 50-100 times more lethal.

Did you not post this ? Notice the link at bottom . Do you not check your sources ?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
250/million so 250 * 37.5 million = 9,375.

It does make an interesting cost benefit analysis. Depends on how much value you place on 9,375 human lives.

Let's not limit that question just to covid.. How about cancer?... Drowning deaths in swimming pools?... Alcohol/smoking?...Influenza?.... The list is essentially endless, so the only question remaining is how much should the global collective spend on these issues

If Canada had taken no measures whatsoever, the death rate would have been 30 times the rate of a normal season of influenza.

30 times... Where did this number come from and exactly how do 'they' know considering that this is a 'novel' virus with no known scientific understanding of it?

450,000 death/year worldwide x 0.5 (Canada's share of World population) = 225,000

22,500 x 30 = 675,000

Your math is wrong, you have calculated Canada's share of deaths as half the total number (ie 225k is 1/2 of 450k).

0.5% of 450,000 is 22,500

675,000 people would have died in Canada from the start of the pandemic until early 2021.

It has been 5 months since Canada recorded over 12 cases/day for the first time (March 11). I will just use that as a starting point for the pandemic. So:

675,000 x 5/12 = 281,500

281,500 Canadians would have died without social distancing measures.

By implementing social distancing measures, we managed to save 272,000 people.

This number is fully dependent on covid being 30X more lethal and at this time, there is only wild speculation on that being realistic

Saying COVID is 30 times deadlier than the seasonal flu is conservative, as many virologists believe it to be 50-100 times more lethal.

Again, show me more than speculation and fear mongering by these virologists that made the same apocalyptic predictions earlier... They are no different than the AGW crowd that called their shots on ice caps vanishing, sea levels rising, floods, droughts, etc, etc

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Let's not limit that question just to covid.. How about cancer?... Drowning deaths in swimming pools?... Alcohol/smoking?...Influenza?.... The list is essentially endless, so the only question remaining is how much should the global collective spend on these issues

30 times... Where did this number come from and exactly how do 'they' know considering that this is a 'novel' virus with no known scientific understanding of it?

Your math is wrong, you have calculated Canada's share of deaths as half the total number (ie 225k is 1/2 of 450k).

0.5% of 450,000 is 22,500

This number is fully dependent on covid being 30X more lethal and at this time, there is only wild speculation on that being realistic

Again, show me more than speculation and fear mongering by these virologists that made the same apocalyptic predictions earlier... They are no different than the AGW crowd that called their shots on ice caps vanishing, sea levels rising, floods, droughts, etc, etc
The lockdown scenario is the brain child of a 14 year old high school sophomore in or around 2007 . Her father made a computer model based on a sample size of 10,000 . Somehow this model was used by CDC and WHO as a workable solution to global pandemic. It has worked about as well as the above mentioned global warming shit .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What happens to an immune system with nothing to fight?

I'm curious. How much contact is needed? Kids need the exposure to other humans. Age of acquisition is also key, is delay going to cause issues?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
"Typo is short for typographical error, and you can also call it a misprint. Typos are errors made during the typing process that have been missed by editors and proofreaders."

Notice how I calculated with 22,500 with the next equation. Stop grasping at straws.

Actually it onus is up to you to find sources to disprove my work. I'm tiring of drawing out these long posts, and providing credible sources and references. Just like the Flat Earth society and 9/11 truthers, it's impossible to convince people who feel the World is overreacting to COVID, and that it is equal or slightly worse than the seasonal flu, to re-evaluate their thoughts on the issue.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Making the assumption that covid is 30X more deadly than influenza is an absolutely, remarkably abstract (if not random) assumption.

The scientific community has only had approx 5-6 months to understand this virus and yet, they represent their information like this virus being 30X more deadly (if not 50-100X) as being proven and completely factual.... To say it's speculative at is best is exceptionally generous

It doesn't even come close to adding up

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
30 times was a figure often quoted. Once again your words have little or no meaning, without reliable sources to disprove the statement.

You can say Canada has a population of 37.8 Million people. If one were to say "NO ITS NOT!" would they have conclusively disproven your statement?

I heard from someone, somewhere, some time ago that covid is 0.5X as deadly as the common cold...... I guess it's up to you to provide a reliable source to prove me wrong

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I dont because this vaccine is coming out of big veterinary. Ever herd of them?
DOn't have much faith in them either. Or maybe it is just BC government meddling again. Once upon a time you could get flea powder at any drugstore and many grocery stores. Now you have to go to the vet and the price is triple.
In a related note turdOWE gave a friendly biomed company a half million grant and bought $150 million worth of useless COVID19 test kits.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
DOn't have much faith in them either. Or maybe it is just BC government meddling again. Once upon a time you could get flea powder at any drugstore and many grocery stores. Now you have to go to the vet and the price is triple.
In a related note turdOWE gave a friendly biomed company a half million grant and bought $150 million worth of useless COVID19 test kits.

Then he steered the Provincial stimulus package toward those companies to comply with the COVIDD package policy

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I see that the UK is not immune to misinformation.

Overall, we rate Spiked Magazine Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that mostly favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed a fact check as well as publishing misleading scientific information.

source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/spiked-magazine/
Who checks the checkers ? Are they unbiased ?