COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Was he getting the feeling you were going to win? :)

Maybe, it's a little disappointing when he runs away though, he usually puts up more of a fight. Perhaps I should go a little easier on him? Na, that not me. Anyway, it's all in fun right?

Oh wait, maybe he didn't run away. Maybe he's sitting on a corner somewhere with a clipboard counting all the locals who aren't wearing face masks. I mean, how else could he come up with that number of 80% since he doesn't trust any news source.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe, it's a little disappointing when he runs away though, he usually puts up more of a fight. Perhaps I should go a little easier on him? Na, that not me. Anyway, it's all in fun right?

Oh wait, maybe he didn't run away. Maybe he's sitting on a corner somewhere with a clipboard counting all the locals who aren't wearing face masks. I mean, how else could he come up with that number of 80% since he doesn't trust any news source.

The 80% is B.S. anyway. Going by observations in local businesses, it's pretty close to 50/50.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That is a moot point. Could it possibly be effective for the 2020 outbreak?

It was the point you were asking about for 1918 outbreak. You asked how it ended and if there was a vaccine. Short answer there was not in 1918 and the flu just ran its course. People who survived it acquired immunity and eventually nobody was around to spread it.

The vaccine will likely have little effect on COVID as they are different viruses.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was the point you were asking about for 1918 outbreak. You asked how it ended and if there was a vaccine. Short answer there was not in 1918 and the flu just ran its course. People who survived it acquired immunity and eventually nobody was around to spread it.

The vaccine will likely have little effect on COVID as they are different viruses.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So it might be effective but nobody has thought about trying it yet?

Well, I imagine it might be safe enough, but the question would be how effective? Maybe zero, maybe 5 or 10%, but anything might be better than nothing, especially for those who are right on the edge.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well, I imagine it might be safe enough, but the question would be how effective? Maybe zero, maybe 5 or 10%, but anything might be better than nothing, especially for those who are right on the edge.

If it's already in the flu vaccine then it likely isn't effective or it would have been noticed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd keep my kid at home. There is a perfectly functional distance ED system in place for all levels inc college/university.