Joe Biden

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
It is, of course, the very height of silliness to attribute such major historical events and trends to one party or the other, and even moreso to what party the President belongs to, without reference to majorities in the two chambers of Congress.
But Moosie chose to see it that way, so I played along.
I don't get a chance to say this often enough, so allow me to repeat: Possibly the most incredible, and certainly the most cost-effective global geo-politico-diplomatic coup in history was accomplished by a milk-drinking, Mormon, U.S. Air Force lieutenant with a dozen candy bars and some parachutes made out of handkerchiefs.
Anecdote from Andrei Cherny's great book The Candy Bombers. . .
When Halvorsen, now a colonel, went back to West Berlin in 1970 as commander of the U.S. Air Force in West Berlin, they set him up for a "dinner with the locals" event in the home of a local family. After dinner and chat, when they got down to coffee (milk for Halvorsen), the mother of the family went into the kitchen, the father dimmed the lights, and the mother returned with a silver tray, upon which, surrounded by candles, was the chocolate bar the Candy Bombers had dropped on their house in 1948.

We were talking about Obama/Biden and you changed it to make yourself look good, well done /pffft

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We were talking about Obama/Biden and you changed it to make yourself look good, well done /pffft
We?

That'd be you and the voices in your head, right?

Son, you've demonstrated that a serious conversation with you is impossible, so this is the best we got. Demonstrating that even my mindless insults are more informed and clever than yours and listening to you squeal.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
We?
That'd be you and the voices in your head, right?
Son, you've demonstrated that a serious conversation with you is impossible, so this is the best we got. Demonstrating that even my mindless insults are more informed and clever than yours and listening to you squeal.

So all this side tracking and personal attacking still hasn't answered what Obama/Biden administration did to curtail Russia at that time and what Biden would do this time.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That clip of Williams making fun of Joe Biden, makes it seem like Biden has always been the way he is. That Robin Williams clip must be close to a decade old....possibly even from 2008.

If Joe Biden was in cognitive decline a decade ago, he would be a vegetable by now.
Yes , watch him .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Even ABC is questioning Biden's racism while trying to cover for him

After Biden's comments on Black diversity, some worry blunders could impact support

Amid the fallout from comments by former vice president and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden about a lack of diversity of thought and heritage within the African American community, some worry that a pattern of blunders could impact support within the Black community.

Biden drew criticism on Thursday when he compared the diversity of African American and Latino communities at a pretaped virtual talk with the National Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.

"What you all know, but most people don't know. Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things," Biden said. "You go to Florida you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you're in Arizona. So it's a very different, a very diverse community."

MORE: Biden faces backlash for comparing diversity in African American, Latino communities
Just hours after the taped remarks, during a live discussion with the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, Biden reiterated similar comments: "We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation, the full diversity of Latino communities. And when I mean full diversity, unlike the African American community and many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe, from the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico, and in the Caribbean."

New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams said it's important to acknowledge that Black Americans, including those with roots in the Caribbean, Africa, Latin America and the American South have cultures that should be celebrated.

"To diminish those cultures and the richness of those cultures is such a wildly ignorant thing to do and insulting on so many levels," said Williams, who is the son of immigrants from Grenada. "But I wish I was surprised."....More

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The new ODNI statement contains this judgment:

We assess that Russia is using a range of measures to primarily denigrate former Vice President Biden and what it sees as an anti-Russia “establishment.” This is consistent with Moscow’s public criticism of him when he was Vice President for his role in the Obama Administration’s policies on Ukraine and its support for the anti-Putin opposition inside Russia. For example, pro-Russia Ukrainian parliamentarian Andriy Derkach is spreading claims about corruption – including through publicizing leaked phone calls – to undermine former Vice President Biden’s candidacy and the Democratic Party. Some Kremlin-linked actors are also seeking to boost President Trump’s candidacy on social media and Russian television.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...icials-just-undercut-efforts-smear-joe-biden/

ODNI is the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.