WE really need to get rid of this guy

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
They needed to get the money out there in order to have people hire the students for the summer.

You seem incapable of following the simplest story line.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Gotta say Katie looks pretty good for having worked 20 hour days seven days a week since the pandemic started - her words.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oh good Fortin's back. He wants to know why considering this is the 3rd time that the PM has been accused of ethics breeches, she and her boss still don't get it. She has no answer for that and ducks the question.

And there she goes again........she won't come forward and say that the PM and his Finance Minister should have recused themselves. She supports the fact that they both have stated, several times, that they should have. :roll:

Peter Julian, NDP for BC. He is the MP with the document from the PSC stating they were more than able to administer the program.

Katie again has no answer for that.

Code of ethics. She has no answer as to how much due diligence was done - none. Oh, oh Katie's getting a wee bit hot under the old collar.

There is a big discrepancy between when WE started getting paid and when the go ahead was supposed to be given....like an entire month or more later.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Now we are treated to a liberal apologist more entranced with his own voice then in asking any questions in his limited amount of time. His question after a long and very garbled diatribe is about her understanding of whether or not WE was going to get any money - Katie says they weren't ...........yet as we now know, they were already getting money.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
There are a lot of programs available to students already, Katie says.........but hey there is always room for one more that can doll out taxpayers dollars.

Fortin back, asks again about recusal............Katie yaks on about the difficulty of delivering programs - again ducking the question.

No one from the PMO or the Privy Council bothered to mention to the PM that he just might be afoul of the ethics commission because, according to Katie, they were way too busy delivering other programs. Right.

Now she is saying that extra layers of due diligence were done...........but gee somehow all of WE's dirty laundry somehow escaped notice..........by everyone involved.

It is not only the fault of the PSC for not doing due diligence but according to Katie it is also the fault of the ethics commissioner for the PM not having recused himself. The bodies under the buses just keep mounting with these people.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Telford won't disclose emails and other communications regarding this scandal without advice of a lawyer.

The liberal mantra appears to be............yeah well you know this program didn't exactly 'roll out' the way we wanted it to but not too worry nothing to see here. We interpret the code of ethics according to our own needs that actually have nothing to do with ethics and everything to do with trying to get away with whatever we can whenever we want. In addition, our understanding of 'due diligence' is about as deep as a petri dish.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Telford won't disclose emails and other communications regarding this scandal without advice of a lawyer.

The liberal mantra appears to be............yeah well you know this program didn't exactly 'roll out' the way we wanted it to but not too worry nothing to see here. We interpret the code of ethics according to our own needs that actually have nothing to do with ethics and everything to do with trying to get away with whatever we can whenever we want. In addition, our understanding of 'due diligence' is about as deep as a petri dish.
Not to worry

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I do believe Thomas will give this piece of work a big fail too because she is not doing well at all.
WE continued to be paid for expenses even as the PM was saying he had 'pushed back' on committing to WE. In other words, they had yet to have approval to administer the program but the government was reimbursing them anyway. I can smell the stench from here.
Maybe you shouldn't live in a shit hole.
She is trying not to. I am assuming that she did not vote for the Liberal party in the last election or two in her effort to not live in a shit hole as you so put it.
I’m still at work and I just popped out for a quick cigarette before I wind up things for the day. I’m looking very forward to having the time to watch the testimony from both of these two this afternoon when time permits sometime in the next couple days. Until then I’ll be forced to just watch the little clips until perhaps the weekend. Sounds like I missed one hell of a comedy (or is that tragedy) with the showing today. Oh well.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
If the 'students' want to have the experiences that Telford glowingly talks about, they can get off their duffs and start in their own backyards for volunteer positions............if volunteering is really what this about. I am quite sure that there are numerous community organizations who would welcome the help.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you missed a typical partisan parliamentary committee meeting.

Nothing got done but everyone gets paid.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah, let's all pretend that the Office doesn't have several direct ancestors that predate this legislation, and its origins can be traced back to the 1970s.
Actually I believe that Bennett (That would be in the late 30s or early 40s?) Went in front of equivalent of a panel like the ethics committee.... I can’t remember the details offhand but I think it had something to do with his family getting cash that it shouldn’t have and this is during the great depression.... i’m sure somebody with a bit of time can Google and pop that kernel of info up.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Wasn't john A MacDonald forced out of office over the railway scandal?

Yep.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So according to Katie, neither the PM nor his Finance Minister were in a conflict of interest.............but she supports both of them saying, in hindsight, that they should have recused themselves.
Holy Shit...............the PSC actually came out with a statement that completely refutes what Telford is saying and what the PM said about the PSC. The public servants indicated that they could administer the program.
Holy Cow!! Very much looking forward to reading through that in the next couple days. It will be enlightening...

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Besides lack of due diligence by the entire government no less, there is the fact that the program was already in progress BEFORE it had government approval and there are documents to prove that.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The first rule of Canadian government is that nothing ever gets done.

Trying to bypass that rule is folly.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wasn't john A MacDonald forced out of office over the railway scandal?
Yep.
I didn’t realize he was forced out of office but I understood that he was not a real ethical character in stating things in the most positive light that I can. I had read that Bennett did go in front of something quite similar to the ethics committee though.
John a McDonald was quite the piece of work and his own right from what I understand and I don’t mean that in a nice way....

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Holy Cow!! Very much looking forward to reading through that in the next couple days. It will be enlightening...
It has been highly entertaining Ron.........getting to watch those two squirming in their chairs, ducking questions, repeating the liberal mantra ad nauseam while doing their level best not to dig themselves into an even deeper hole and doing an extremely poor job of it. Thomas Mulcair is just rocking his comments on today's debacle.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Don't be surprised to hear that Billy Morneau resigns.........he's the sacrificial goat for this scandal.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You know when the accusations start to flow around due diligence that they are giving up on the ridiculous concept that Trudeau was influenced by money paid to his mommy.