Where are you and please tell me what's like.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Is it? It's not a deficiency. Maybe you should learn what eumelanin is first and what role it plays in nature. First off everyone has the same number of melanocytes. In human skin melanogenisis is initiated by exposure to UV radiation. The stronger the sun and the more exposure you have to it, the darker the skin. It's that simple.
As the generations go by, Black people living in northern climes tend to lighten up, even without the introduction of a "snowback in the wood pile" into the genetic stream. It's called evolution, or adaptation if you prefer. I'm sure the opposite would happen with White people living closer to the equator.
Anyone who uses melanin as some kind of racial superiority argument is no better than the nazis or the 17th century Europeans who came up with the moronic idea of basing the worth of one's race by their skin colour in the first place.
My point exactly. Sorry if the way I put it hurts your feels, but you're not in a very good position to criticize, y'know? You ain't exactly the soul of dulce et decorum lately.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
True story. A couple of decades ago, one of the summer people took a photo of what they thought was 'an Indian canoeing on the lake', as they put it. Actually, it was me - I regularly went canoeing on the lake. I used to have hair to my waist and would often braid it and I would wear a head band as I sweat a lot especially when exercising. I also tan to a very dark color. I heard through the grapevine about the photo. I was able to set the fellow straight when I met him a local gathering. We both had a good chuckle.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
My point exactly. Sorry if the way I put it hurts your feels, but you're not in a very good position to criticize, y'know? You ain't exactly the soul of dulce et decorum lately.
Yeah I know. Between the pain, the painkillers and the f*ck for sleep lately I've been pretty goddam grumpy. I also need back surgery to try and do something about the near constant sciatic pain but I'm not sure I wanna go that route. From everyone I know who's ever had back surgery, it's like Lay's chips, you can't have just one.

Sorry I lose my shit on you from time to time. You're actually one of the people in here I have some measure of respect for, even when I don't agree with you.

But I will NOT apologize to the hard-core ALT-leftards on this forum. I don't give two shits about the feelings of human garbage who voluntarily go the subhuman route.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
True story. A couple of decades ago, one of the summer people took a photo of what they thought was 'an Indian canoeing on the lake', as they put it. Actually, it was me - I regularly went canoeing on the lake. I used to have hair to my waist and would often braid it and I would wear a head band as I sweat a lot especially when exercising. I also tan to a very dark color. I heard through the grapevine about the photo. I was able to set the fellow straight when I met him a local gathering. We both had a good chuckle.
And that's how Mowich got her Indun name, "Middle Finger Woman."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah I know. Between the pain, the painkillers and the f*ck for sleep lately I've been pretty goddam grumpy. I also need back surgery to try and do something about the near constant sciatic pain but I'm not sure I wanna go that route. From everyone I know who's ever had back surgery, it's like Lay's chips, you can't have just one.
Sorry I lose my shit on you from time to time. You're actually one of the people in here I have some measure of respect for, even when I don't agree with you.
But I will NOT apologize to the hard-core ALT-leftards on this forum. I don't give two shits about the feelings of human garbage who voluntarily go the subhuman route.
Man, that's tough. I'm grieved to hear it. But yeah, that's pretty much what it seems like with back surgery to people I've heard from too. Get three opinions. Pay for one if you have to. "Measure twice, cut once," y'know?

I said a while back you were steady and reasonable, though I disagreed with you a lot. That hasn't changed.

Respect and best wishes. I'll dance a healing dance for you, as soon as I make one up.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Man, that's tough. I'm grieved to hear it. But yeah, that's pretty much what it seems like with back surgery to people I've heard from too. Get three opinions. Pay for one if you have to. "Measure twice, cut once," y'know?

I said a while back you were steady and reasonable, though I disagreed with you a lot. That hasn't changed.

Respect and best wishes. I'll dance a healing dance for you, as soon as I make one up.
:lol: Thanks Tec. I'll let you know if it works. And thanks for understanding. :cheers:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Epidurals arent working or just dont work for you?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Epidurals arent working or just dont work for you?
I don't get them. I'm a little paranoid about having people, no matter how well trained, screwing around with or near my spine. It took me two years to walk again after the crash and to be honest, I'm afraid of losing that ability again. Been there, don't wanna risk being there again. In one of the towns I lived in the local hospital was prohibited from giving epidurals because they ended up paralyzing four people in less than a year. And in all seriousness, the LAST thing I need right now is steroids, of any kind. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't get them. I'm a little paranoid about having people, no matter how well trained, screwing around with or near my spine. It took me two years to walk again after the crash and to be honest, I'm afraid of losing that ability again. Been there, don't wanna risk being there again. In one of the towns I lived in the local hospital was prohibited from giving epidurals because they ended up paralyzing four people in less than a year. And in all seriousness, the LAST thing I need right now is steroids, of any kind. :lol:
I have stenosis and MS related neuropathy in my legs and feet.

At first the idea of such an invasive treatment was unthinkable until I couldn't walk.

5 minutes after my first shot I was doing jumping jacks. I usually get them every 3 months but with COVID19 it's been 6 months. I'm doing okay with heavy ibuprofen but its nowhere near the beautiful, instant relief of an epidural.

I have an exceptionally good anesthesiologist and have zero trust issues with him.

If you can get one, get one. A near normal life is possible.

Yup, I did put on 10 kg but with a little restraint getting huge doesn't have to happen.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Really sorry to hear about your back problems, Jin. Ain't no fun getting old is it. I'm dealing with some medical problems of my own right now and can sympathize especially with the lack of sleep. Probably why I am more than unusually grumpy too. Wish you all the best.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I have stenosis and MS related neuropathy in my legs and feet.

At first the idea of such an invasive treatment was unthinkable until I couldn't walk.

5 minutes after my first shot I was doing jumping jacks. I usually get them every 3 months but with COVID19 it's been 6 months. I'm doing okay with heavy ibuprofen but its nowhere near the beautiful, instant relief of an epidural.

I have an exceptionally good anesthesiologist and have zero trust issues with him.

If you can get one, get one. A near normal life is possible.

Yup, I did put on 10 kg but with a little restraint getting huge doesn't have to happen.
Tequila works good . It helps loosen the muscles , only short term gain mind you .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Really sorry to hear about your back problems, Jin. Ain't no fun getting old is it. I'm dealing with some medical problems of my own right now and can sympathize especially with the lack of sleep. Probably why I am more than unusually grumpy too. Wish you all the best.
I wish it was just age :lol: My back itself isn't too bad, the pain and shit is more a result of having rebuilt body parts and some nerve damage from the crash. It's one of the reasons I had to give up driving. My leg would suddenly spasm out of control, just for a couple of seconds but it's never a good thing when it happens when your foot is on the gas.

Hope you get feeling better soon too.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I know of someone that I think can do that. I know he does healing ceremonies, which is more mental than physical health. I was looking into alternatives for PTSD treatment for Firefighters because I am not convinced of the medical system ones when I came across him. The covid got in the way before I learned much.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I wish it was just age :lol: My back itself isn't too bad, the pain and shit is more a result of having rebuilt body parts and some nerve damage from the crash. It's one of the reasons I had to give up driving. My leg would suddenly spasm out of control, just for a couple of seconds but it's never a good thing when it happens when your foot is on the gas.
Hope you get feeling better soon too.
Ever think about hand controls?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Ever think about hand controls?
Nah. The cost of converting a car isn't worth it to me. Some days I do miss driving but for the most part, it's not really a priority. Since I'm stuck living in a city now (blah), at least there are alternatives for transportation.