Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Eight in Ten (82%) Canadians Support Federal Government’s Ban on Military-Style Assault Weapons

https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/news-po...rnments-Ban-on-Military-Style-Assault-Weapons

Toronto, ON, May 28, 2020 – In the aftermath of the country’s deadliest mass shooting last month, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau swiftly announced a ban on military-style assault weapons, prohibiting their sale, transportation, importation, and use in Canada. A recent Ipsos poll conducted on behalf of Global News has found that Canadians are largely approve of the ban; eight in ten (82%) agree (54% strongly/27% somewhat) with the government’s action.

Agreement is stronger among women (87%) than among men (76%), as well as among older Canadians (88%, 55+ years) when compared to younger Canadians (78%, 18-54 years). Support for the ban is lowest in Saskatchewan/Manitoba (57%), but highest in Quebec (89%). That Quebec is the most supportive of a ban is not surprising, given that the province has experienced several mass shootings in recent history, with the incidents at a mosque in Quebec City, École Polytechnique, and Dawson College still not forgotten by many in the province.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Eight in Ten (82%) Canadians Support Federal Government’s Ban on Military-Style Assault Weapons

https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/news-po...rnments-Ban-on-Military-Style-Assault-Weapons

Toronto, ON, May 28, 2020 – In the aftermath of the country’s deadliest mass shooting last month, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau swiftly announced a ban on military-style assault weapons, prohibiting their sale, transportation, importation, and use in Canada. A recent Ipsos poll conducted on behalf of Global News has found that Canadians are largely approve of the ban; eight in ten (82%) agree (54% strongly/27% somewhat) with the government’s action.

Agreement is stronger among women (87%) than among men (76%), as well as among older Canadians (88%, 55+ years) when compared to younger Canadians (78%, 18-54 years). Support for the ban is lowest in Saskatchewan/Manitoba (57%), but highest in Quebec (89%). That Quebec is the most supportive of a ban is not surprising, given that the province has experienced several mass shootings in recent history, with the incidents at a mosque in Quebec City, École Polytechnique, and Dawson College still not forgotten by many in the province.

Hoid, what exactly was banned? fully automatic carbines? all semi-automatic carbines?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I wonder what will become of the .308 winchester semi-auto. It has a wood stock and a 3 round clip but I wonder if that will be enough to save it. One hell of a good big game rifle.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I wonder what will become of the .308 winchester semi-auto. It has a wood stock and a 3 round clip but I wonder if that will be enough to save it. One hell of a good big game rifle.

Yeah, the old Winchester 100 had a great reputation.

Same as the Remington semi-autos.

I do think they will survive this time.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Yeah, the old Winchester 100 had a great reputation.

Same as the Remington semi-autos.

I do think they will survive this time.

I have to say that the pending court cases related to 'this time' are going to be the most important court cases for canadian gun owners. The government has clearly over stepped their boundaries more so than ever, if we cant put a stop to them this time then i think it os pretty mucb game over for lawful ownership in this country

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
So with that said, I'm joining the groups to grow their membership count, and I will be donating to the legal funds.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I don't either. but this is happening and i think we ought to get behind it enough to show a little support.
I agree. But I think it is going to have to be a political decision to protect our rights rather than depend on an unelected and often out of touch with reality justice system. What we will get is another law that fits downtown Toronto just fine inflicted on the rest of the country. Most probably will do nothing to stop criminals with guns either.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I agree. But I think it is going to have to be a political decision to protect our rights rather than depend on an unelected and often out of touch with reality justice system. What we will get is another law that fits downtown Toronto just fine inflicted on the rest of the country. Most probably will do nothing to stop criminals with guns either.
An admission that a gun ban is the proper thing in Toronto.

Progress.