Why Mainstream Media is Fake News

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course that famous enlightenment you mention was of course a very big fake news event sponsered by the Catholic Empire. Maybe you don,t think the builders of the Egyptian Pyramids were enlightened.
Knowing how to build a pyramid doesn't make one enlightened. It makes one an engineer. And if you know any engineers, you'd know they're too friggin' arrogant to be enlightened. :lol:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Knowing how to build a pyramid doesn't make one enlightened. It makes one an engineer. And if you know any engineers, you'd know they're too friggin' arrogant to be enlightened. :lol:

... and barely literate, for the most part.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Say what you want about MSM. It definitely is not perfect, and often portrays stories to fit their own agenda, but it is 1,000 times better than these right-wing, foreign influenced media, that has a vested interest in seeing America weaken.
Who are you speaking of ? The Washington Poasthole , The New York Slimes , or the Canadian Propaganda Channel ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Say what you want about MSM. It definitely is not perfect, and often portrays stories to fit their own agenda, but it is 1,000 times better than these right-wing, foreign influenced media, that has a vested interest in seeing America weaken.
Like TYee news? The Guardian. Those right wing scandal sheets?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All three are more balanced than FOX News.

I personally like either the National Post or Global when it comes to Canadian news. CBC is too left-of-centre.

I still trust CNN, in spite of Donald Trump doing his best to discredit them, although I hate Don Lemon. Anderson Cooper is arguably the best news anchor in America.
And arguably Sean Hannity is the premier talk show host in America . I am sure you can argue that point as well .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
All three are more balanced than FOX News.
I personally like either the National Post or Global when it comes to Canadian news. CBC is too left-of-centre.
I still trust CNN, in spite of Donald Trump doing his best to discredit them, although I hate Don Lemon. Anderson Cooper is arguably the best news anchor in America.

Why are the Dems. starting to flock to Fox if they are so biased? 2-5 Dem representatives appear on Fox daily, it's why Trump is starting to turn on them.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I've stated this before...
The Left is compassionate, but lacks individuality.
The right is full of individuals, who lack compassion.
And this is why I've always been my own boss. Because I'm neither. I'm an individual with compassion.

Actually, I would challenge your assumption that the Left is compassionate & the right are not. I contend that it's the opposite. If the Left is so compassionate, why do they disallow debate? Why do they criticize those who don't agree with them & show so much intolerance . Nothing "compassionate" about that. If anything, it shows their arrogance & their total lack of compassion. I too am a compassionate person but I'm certainly not a Leftist by any stretch.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Actually, I would challenge your assumption that the Left is compassionate & the right are not. I contend that it's the opposite. If the Left is so compassionate, why do they disallow debate? Why do they criticize those who don't agree with them & show so much intolerance . Nothing "compassionate" about that. If anything, it shows their arrogance & their total lack of compassion. I too am a compassionate person but I'm certainly not a Leftist by any stretch.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Come now doesn’t it just put a tear in your eye when our PM is apologizing for past injustices ?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Actually, I heard someone mention it but it makes much more sense - Democrats consider themselves to be "Progressive" when in fact, they're "regressive". I thought that pretty much sums it up. It's the Democrats - "Regressive Party" of America. Unfortunately, if the Republicans don't start "manning up" and start telling people what their platform is for the next 4 years, that's what will happen - a Regressive Party in the WH! Not a good thing at all. People just are not thinking about what that will entail.