COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Over 3 million cases in the U.S. only about half resolved.

At the current mortality rate of 9%, we will have about 300,000 deaths even if not one more case occurs.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Over 3 million cases in the U.S. only about half resolved.

At the current mortality rate of 9%, we will have about 300,000 deaths even if not one more case occurs.
That is heartbreaking ....

(and meanwhile....dear leader is taking good care of his pals.)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
NHL has announced some sort of season restart in August in a couple of Canadian hub cities.

I can't believe that anyone would care to watch NHL hockey. On TV. In August.

It seems to be somewhat tone deaf to me.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
More bad news on the COVID front.

Nearly 72,000 new cases of COVID, by far and away the highest number of cases. At this rate, America could hit the 100,000 mark by the end of the month.

The fatality rate has averaged nearly 900 deaths/day, for the past few days, after declining since mid April. This is the highest daily fatality rate in one month.

Worldwide, countries like Brazil, India, South Africa, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Iraq all have seen a dramatic rise in cases, and all have over 2500 new cases/day.

Canada finished the day with only 320 new cases, and the number of active cases has been falling since the end of May.

Shoot me the details on the demographics relative to covid deaths in the USA.

Just for perspective:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/fatal-car-accidents-by-state

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups
Updated June 25, 2020

Long-standing systemic health and social inequities have put some members of racial and ethnic minority groups at increased risk of getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness, regardless of age. Among some racial and ethnic minority groups, including non-Hispanic black persons, Hispanics and Latinos, and American Indians/Alaska Natives, evidence points to higher rates of hospitalization or death from COVID-19 than among non-Hispanic white persons. As of June 12, 2020, age-adjusted hospitalization rates are highest among non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native and non-Hispanic black persons, followed by Hispanic or Latino persons.

Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
non-Hispanic black persons have a rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic white persons,
Hispanic or Latino persons have a rate approximately 4 times that of non-Hispanic white persons.

COVID is hitting the Native American and Black communities much harder than White or Asian communities.
Somehow I don’t think that was the demographic he was looking for . And your article is no longer current in a fast changing pandemic .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Regardless of deception and downplaying the severity of the COVID outbreak....

Holding innocent Canadians as political prisoners, and hoarding PPE taken from other countries (who in turn develop severe shortages), and then selling it at inflated prices is enough to realize that it may be best in future if Canada, and others did business with other countries instead.

Got to agree with you about the two Michaels.