You have been warned, so you may be punished

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
And which of the 10 commandments would that be? I seem to have missed that one during catechism classes.

In the Catholic view, the ninth commandment is a prohibition on carnal concupiscence (or lust), and the tenth commandment prohibits greed and the setting of one's heart on material possessions.

As a Protestant I can attest to the fact that Protestants are taught to hold a similar view of Lust!

LUST: noun. intense sexual desire or appetite. uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness. a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for): a lust for power. ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.

Also - Jesus tells us: Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart.

Too bad gerryh is not much of a Bible scholar!

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
In the Catholic view, the ninth commandment is a prohibition on carnal concupiscence (or lust), and the tenth commandment prohibits greed and the setting of one's heart on material possessions.
As a Protestant I can attest to the fact that Protestants are taught to hold a similar view of Lust!
LUST: noun. intense sexual desire or appetite. uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness. a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for): a lust for power. ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.
Also - Jesus tells us: Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart.
Too bad gerryh is not much of a Bible scholar!

The lust means the desire for the unlawful and forbidden things: one of which is the sexual lust. In Arabic: "shahawat"

Quran 19: 59, which means:
(Then [their] progeny [who were bad] succeeded after them:

they neglected the prayers [by forsaking it],

but followed after the lust [by keeping up to it, and they disobeyed the command of their Lord.]

Therefore [in the Next Life], they will encounter evil [and failure.]
)

More explanation:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/19.htm#a19_59
quran-ayat.com/pret/19.htm#a19_59

A related word is "Al-hawa" which means inclining to follow one's desires rather than commiting to God's commands; like His saying - be glorofied - in the Quran 38: 26, which means:

[God said to David – by the tongue of Prophet Nathan:]

("O David, We have appointed you a ruler in the land to succeed [after Saul],

so judge people with justice [and transgress not on the right of any believer], and follow not [your] lust [so you desire the wife of another man] which let you miss the way of God;

for those, who miss the way of God, will have a severe punishment because they forgot the Day of Judgment."
)

More explanation:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_26
quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_26

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The lust means the desire for the unlawful and forbidden things: one of which is the sexual lust. In Arabic: "shahawat"
Quran 19: 59, which means:
(Then [their] progeny [who were bad] succeeded after them:
they neglected the prayers [by forsaking it],
but followed after the lust [by keeping up to it, and they disobeyed the command of their Lord.]
Therefore [in the Next Life], they will encounter evil [and failure.]
)
More explanation:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/19.htm#a19_59
quran-ayat.com/pret/19.htm#a19_59
A related word is "Al-hawa" which means inclining to follow one's desires rather than commiting to God's commands; like His saying - be glorofied - in the Quran 38: 26, which means:
[God said to David – by the tongue of Prophet Nathan:]
("O David, We have appointed you a ruler in the land to succeed [after Saul],
so judge people with justice [and transgress not on the right of any believer], and follow not [your] lust [so you desire the wife of another man] which let you miss the way of God;
for those, who miss the way of God, will have a severe punishment because they forgot the Day of Judgment."
)
More explanation:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_26
quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_26
Like the way you lust after your neighbour"s goat?

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Still the atheist, balsphemer and idolater keep to their stubbornness .. in spite of the obvious warning.. what foolishness, I am most surprised and astonished.

When I see the Coronavirus data, it is very obvious .. it is very clear

The countries of the transgression, blasphemy and idolatry are most affected and seriously hit:

The first one: the USA more than million cases and more than 60 thousand deaths
Then comes Italy
Then UK
Then Spain
Then France

Canada is not an exception, while Russia now has increasing +ve new cases about 10 thousands in one day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
See the results of yesterday to have a clear idea.
The now results may be still not complete.

And the economic suffering,

See the response of people: instead of asking God to relieve them from such fatal disease, they start to sing and dance
They say this is for psychological relief.. so why shouldn't they supplicate God Most Gracious and repent from their disobedience..

Moreover, the religious among them: they pray Jesus Christ and his mother and the saints .. instead of praying God Most Gracious.

Now there is some relief: decrease in the number of new cases .. so most people feel better, but they do not thank God for this that He pardons and postpones their punishment..
But they instead of being grateful to God for His clemency, they return to their evil, transgression and disobeying all God's commandments.

This is a similar situation to a story of the tribe of Aad near Yemen in the 'Ahqaf'; they insisted and kept to their idolatry, even when they saw the torment looming to them from far distance in the form of a cloud, which was a violent storm like the hurricane:

Quran 46: 24-25, which mean:
(24. Then when they saw [the punishment b as] a [cloud] coming from faraway towards their valleys, they said: "This is a cloud coming from faraway and is going to rain upon us."

[The angel, charged with their punishment, said:]
"Not so, but it is the [punishment] you were asking to be hastened! –– a wind wherein is a painful chastisement."

25. "Which will destroy everything as commanded by its Lord." c

By morning nothing could be seen except their homes [while the people perished d].

[So as did We destroy the people of the 'Ahqaf'], thus [in the future] will We requite the guilty people.")
...................................................................................

24 b With which [Prophet Hood] threatened you.

25 c So the hurricanes came and destroyed them.

25 d Save only Hood and those who believed together with him: they departed from them before the coming of the chastisement.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/46.htm#a46_24
quran-ayat.com/pret/46.htm#a46_24
When you die,your body will be classified as 'TOXIC WASTE.

BTW most Islamic theocratic hellhole nations have sky high COVID 19 rates. It seems your evil non existent God hates Muslims as much as he hates all of humanity.
Both he and you should f**k off, you poor sad delusional halfwit.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
When you die,your body will be classified as 'TOXIC WASTE.

No objection; the body is not more than a material cover.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/index.htm#The_Body_after_Death_
quran-ayat.com/man/index.htm#The_Body_after_Death_

BTW most Islamic theocratic hellhole nations have sky high COVID 19 rates. you poor sad delusional halfwit.

God afflicts whomever He likes to afflict with this fatal viral disease.. and I see you are so ignorant and certainly are not immune against having this disease or worse than it.. and according to your blasphemy, you are very vulnerable.

When this pandemic started, I read in the Quran the story of Moses with the stubborn blasphemers among his people, when they demanded to see God with their own eyes.. then God struck them a thuderbolt causing Moses to faint down, and the blasphemers to die.. then Moses prayed God to revive them and God said to him:

Quran 7: 156-157, which mean:

(Said [God – be glorified]: "My chastisement I afflict with it whomever I will, and My mercy [: My Paradise] contains all things [in the planets including the earth]; therefore, I shall ordain it for those who ward off [the association and the disobedience], and pay the Zakat [alms], and those who do believe in Our revelations."

157. Such as follow the messenger, [Mohammed] the illiterate prophet, whom they find described in the Torah and the Gospel [which are] with them:

enjoining on them that which is right and forbidding them that which is wrong, making lawful for them all the good wholesome [meat] and prohibiting for them only the foul [of it], and relieving them of the burden [of their covenants] and the bounds that were on them.

Then those who believe in him, and assist him, and help him [against his enemies], and follow the light [: the Quran] which is sent down to be with him: they are the successful.
)

The interpretation by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_156
quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_156

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
I will not repeat many things that I said before; so go and read and don't repeat your silly question.
Explained in the post #54 on page 2 of this thread.

Moreover, yes I repeat and reiterate the words of the interpreter Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, in addition to pondering and reasoning his words to discover more deep meanings.

While you are blind to such words and to the Quran, and will come again and say the same words.
And I am not a guardian over you whether God wants to guide or misguide you.. it is not my business and I am not concerned.

Quran 39: 41, which means:
(Surely We have sent down upon you [Mohammed] the Book [: the Quran] for [teaching and guiding] mankind with the [religion of the] truth.

Then whosoever is guided, is only guided to his own gain
a, and whosoever goes astray, it is only to his own detriment b; you are not a guardian c over them.)
.........................................................................................

41 a i.e. the reward will be for his own gain.

41 b i.e. his sins will be against himself.

41 c The meaning: You, Mohammed are not any guardian to save them of the torment, so that you may try hard to save them, but your duty is only to warn them.

The interpretation by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/39.htm#a39_41
quran-ayat.com/pret/39.htm#a39_41

Last edited:

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Still the atheist, balsphemer and idolater keep to their stubbornness .. in spite of the obvious warning.. what foolishness, I am most surprised and astonished.

When I see the Coronavirus data, it is very obvious .. it is very clear

The countries of the transgression, blasphemy and idolatry are most affected and seriously hit:

The first one: the USA more than million cases and more than 60 thousand deaths
Then comes Italy
Then UK
Then Spain
Then France

Canada is not an exception, while Russia now has increasing +ve new cases about 10 thousands in one day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
See the results of yesterday to have a clear idea.
The now results may be still not complete.

And the economic suffering,

See the response of people: instead of asking God to relieve them from such fatal disease, they start to sing and dance
They say this is for psychological relief.. so why shouldn't they supplicate God Most Gracious and repent from their disobedience..

Moreover, the religious among them: they pray Jesus Christ and his mother and the saints .. instead of praying God Most Gracious.

Now there is some relief: decrease in the number of new cases .. so most people feel better, but they do not thank God for this that He pardons and postpones their punishment..
But they instead of being grateful to God for His clemency, they return to their evil, transgression and disobeying all God's commandments.

This is a similar situation to a story of the tribe of Aad near Yemen in the 'Ahqaf'; they insisted and kept to their idolatry, even when they saw the torment looming to them from far distance in the form of a cloud, which was a violent storm like the hurricane:

Quran 46: 24-25, which mean:
(24. Then when they saw [the punishment b as] a [cloud] coming from faraway towards their valleys, they said: "This is a cloud coming from faraway and is going to rain upon us."

[The angel, charged with their punishment, said:]
"Not so, but it is the [punishment] you were asking to be hastened! –– a wind wherein is a painful chastisement."

25. "Which will destroy everything as commanded by its Lord." c

By morning nothing could be seen except their homes [while the people perished d].

[So as did We destroy the people of the 'Ahqaf'], thus [in the future] will We requite the guilty people.")
...................................................................................

24 b With which [Prophet Hood] threatened you.

25 c So the hurricanes came and destroyed them.

25 d Save only Hood and those who believed together with him: they departed from them before the coming of the chastisement.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/46.htm#a46_24
quran-ayat.com/pret/46.htm#a46_24
You are not a blasphemer. You are not an infidel. However you are a prime example of what happens when siblings mate

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Must be our punishment for letting Muslims into a free country.
Probably true, but 'Torch light' isn't just a Muslim. He is a brain damaged insane hate filled moron.
Very sad to see. Except of course that this failed hominid would probably kill all of us if it could.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
After reading this thread, I have the sudden urge to cook up some sizzling, delicious, mouth-watering Bacon!
MMMmmm. . . bacon.

Throw on a rasher for me.