COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We are stuck with them for neighbors.

I very much doubt we ca go on as in the past. I know at the moment driving around Vancouver Island with an American license plate on your vehicle is not recommended. Even Alberta plates are getting a hard time from the public.

Sometimes people have to know when to mind their own business. Are you not intelligent enough to imagine that the person with the U.S. plates may be up here visiting a dying relative. Smarten up.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
How is that gun control working for you ?
Really good, even the cops in New Zealand don't wear guns.
They really on communication and reason, over intimidation.
I know I feel uneasy, even in Canada, when near armed Police.
I think there is a psychological feeling of superiority when cops have "the big iron on the hip", and, no sir, I don't like it!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
CDA seems to be handling this pandemic rather effectively. Of course it varies province to province. But overall .......it is still much better than the US . Their health care system is not equal for all. If one has money and good insurance you are ok in the US........if not.....

% wise we are not all that great, compared to the states we would be 1.3 Million infected 80 + thousand dead, that's just projecting our current numbers. If we actually had 300+ Million people in our country we would be much higher than the 10% projection.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I think there is a psychological feeling of superiority when cops have "the big iron on the hip", and, no sir, I don't like it!

Why did the NZ PM order the military to crack down on the recent COVIDD-19 cases?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The Latest: WHO ending hydroxycholorquine trial for COVID

https://www.local10.com/news/world/...south-africa-reports-record-daily-infections/

WHO said Saturday it has “accepted the recommendation” from the committee overseeing the trial to discontinue testing of hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir, a drug combination used to treat HIV/AIDS. The drugs were being compared with standard care for hospitalized patients.

WHO says a review of the interim results showed hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir “produce little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalized COVID-19 patients when compared to standard of care.”

The agency adds that while there was no “solid evidence” of increased mortality for hospitalized patients given the drugs, there were “some associated safety signals in the clinical laboratory findings” of an associated trial.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Latest: WHO ending hydroxycholorquine trial for COVID

https://www.local10.com/news/world/...south-africa-reports-record-daily-infections/

WHO said Saturday it has “accepted the recommendation” from the committee overseeing the trial to discontinue testing of hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir, a drug combination used to treat HIV/AIDS. The drugs were being compared with standard care for hospitalized patients.

WHO says a review of the interim results showed hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir “produce little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalized COVID-19 patients when compared to standard of care.”

The agency adds that while there was no “solid evidence” of increased mortality for hospitalized patients given the drugs, there were “some associated safety signals in the clinical laboratory findings” of an associated trial.

According to Global news at noon, Trump has been lying about the effectiveness of it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...ce-rule-out-carrying-guns/?cs=14232#gsc.tab=0

One of New Zealand's responses to the mass shooting was to trial armed police units in certain areas.

They have decided against it.

New Zealand is single-handedly destroying all the gun myths.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
According to Global news at noon, Trump has been lying about the effectiveness of it.
and yet he promoted the drug. The chap dos not know his azz from a ho e in the ground. Scared / desperate people could have been hurt by taking the drug on his word. Why he would even consider promoting a drug to a population in a time of crisis......is beyond and outside the purview of his job. reckless and irresponsible. He really should know better.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
and yet he promoted the drug. The chap dos not know his azz from a ho e in the ground. Scared / desperate people could have been hurt by taking the drug on his word. Why he would even consider promoting a drug to a population in a time of crisis......is beyond and outside the purview of his job. reckless and irresponsible. He really should know better.
At least he isn't telling people to drink Lysol anymore.

Progress.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
At least he isn't telling people to drink Lysol anymore.

Progress.
....until he comes up with some other "solution"..

hmm. we know he took the drug......... so it makes one wonder if he self injected with Lysol........or some other disinfectant. ;-)

He is history in the making ;-)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, and Combination in Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19
Conclusions and Relevance
In this multi-hospital assessment, when controlling for COVID-19 risk factors, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and in combination with azithromycin was associated with reduction in COVID-19 associated mortality. Prospective trials are needed to examine this impact.

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

Ford medical system in Michigan is not in the pocket of the CCP. WHO is a solely owned subsidiary of the CCP.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Deaths per day continue trending down in Canada and the US. That's good.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Study finds hydroxychloroquine helped coronavirus patients survive better
https://www.msn.com/en-us/Health/he...ronavirus-patients-survive-better/ar-BB16hifu

Go figure.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The man isn't playing with a "full deck"!