COVID-19 'Pandemic'

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

I know. I'm pulling yours back. Yeah, it's that little flyspeck in the Pyrenees. 109 square miles if I recollect right.
And here I thought you were talking about these guys.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
By Michelle Roberts
Health editor, BBC News online
29 June 2020 Health

A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans and needs close monitoring.

As it's new, people could have little or no immunity to the virus.

The scientists write in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that measures to control the virus in pigs, and the close monitoring of swine industry workers, should be swiftly implemented.

Pandemic threat
A bad new strain of influenza is among the top disease threats that experts are watching for, even as the world attempts to bring to an end the current coronavirus pandemic.

The last pandemic flu the world encountered - the swine flu outbreak of 2009 that began in Mexico - was less deadly than initially feared, largely because many older people had some immunity to it, probably because of its similarity to other flu viruses that had circulated years before

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Almost downtown. To the left and under the trees behind the golden building.
Too many trees to see anything under them when you look across Regina from office buildings downtown.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Almost downtown. To the left and under the trees behind the golden building.
Too many trees to see anything under them when you look across Regina from office buildings downtown.

I think that picture is from the observation deck on top of Sask Power building. Not sure if that is open to public or still open to public or ever was. My dad worked there so we got up there pretty regularly.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lots of covid news today:

Canada extends foreign travel ban to July 31

Canada extends 14 day quarantine requirement for those allowed into our country to August 31
John Tory attempting to make masks mandatory indoors in Ontario
EU to allow travel from Canada but not from USA as America spirals into the abyss

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Canada extends 14 day quarantine requirement for those allowed into our country to August 31
EU to allow travel from Canada but not from USA as America spirals into the abyss

Tory's power has obviously gone to his head. Who is going to wear masks in the house?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think that picture is from the observation deck on top of Sask Power building. Not sure if that is open to public or still open to public or ever was. My dad worked there so we got up there pretty regularly.
You nailed the building, it's from the now cafeteria on the 13th floor.

Tommy the Commie was anti-Mason so he made sure the 13th floor was the 13th floor. Knowing some would refuse to work on the floor it was made into a gallery and observation deck which is the cafeteria today.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Who did the Cdn Govt ban?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017