Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Senator Robert Byrd and the Ku Klux Klan - ThoughtCo
https://www.thoughtco.com/robert-byrd-kkk-4147055

Byrd also said that his views changed dramatically after his teenage grandson was killed in a 1982 traffic accident, which put him in a deep emotional valley. "The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think," said Byrd, adding he came to realize that African Americans love their children as much as he does his.[76] During debate in 1983 over the passage of the law creating the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday, Byrd grasped the symbolism of the day and its significance to his legacy, telling members of his staff "I'm the only one in the Senate who must vote for this bill".

David Duke....?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Byrd also said that his views changed dramatically after his teenage grandson was killed in a 1982 traffic accident, which put him in a deep emotional valley. "The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think," said Byrd, adding he came to realize that African Americans love their children as much as he does his.[76] During debate in 1983 over the passage of the law creating the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday, Byrd grasped the symbolism of the day and its significance to his legacy, telling members of his staff "I'm the only one in the Senate who must vote for this bill".
David Duke....?
The Klan bein' all Democrats, makes a body wonder why Duke ran as a Republican.

Well, unless you're a rightard.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You'll never even slow down the trucktard with facts.

Because a lot of what is being said is B.S What I find amusing is the Left are so obvious about what they want and still you refuse to see it for what it is. Amazing. Perhaps you're too close to the situation to understand what's happening or being purposefully ignorant. Just sayin'

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Because a lot of what is being said is B.S What I find amusing is the Left are so obvious about what they want and still you refuse to see it for what it is. Amazing. Perhaps you're too close to the situation to understand what's happening or being purposefully ignorant. Just sayin'
Far be it from me to disagree with a White Canadian.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
We had our own little parade in town here a couple of days ago...
And you know? I didn't see a single Black person there
Probably because all the people from West Africa that currently reside here are gainfully employed and were at work!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
David Duke....?

Oh so the Dem's celebrated the Clan until 1982 not the 60's narrative you were trying to spin. Thanks for the info

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So. . . if I talk about, say, Alberta and the oil sands, I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm a Yank in Washington, and if I talk about what's going on in Washington, I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm too close to the situation?

OK, works for me. I'm just a dumb savage.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Oh so the Dem's celebrated the Clan until 1982 not the 60's narrative you were trying to spin. Thanks for the info

The south went Republican after the civil rights bill was passed.

Dems are currently fighting to have statues of Democrats removed and cons are fighting to keep them.

Seems the parties flipped.

That is certainly reflected in representation and party support from visible minorities.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Has Biden come out of his basement bunker. ??
Given that the numbers are rising in the US .....ie Virus no where near under control..... he should probably stay there and just use technology for his campaigning. No one can say he is being as careless as Trump when it comes to the pandemic.

His messages about the killings by Police have been compassionate, effective and responsible.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Given that the numbers are rising in the US .....ie Virus no where near under control..... he should probably stay there and just use technology for his campaigning. No one can say he is being as careless as Trump when it comes to the pandemic.

His messages about the killings by Police have been compassionate, effective and responsible.
Shoot them in the leg .

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Shoot them in the leg .
If one has to shoot at all........ that is better than Shooting some one in the BACK.while he is running away.
They can always catch him later. They had his car and ID.

decompressing a situation is still far superior.

But guns and shootings are in the US DNA....... and it will take a lot of training and attitude changes before anything changes.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The south went Republican after the civil rights bill was passed.

Dems are currently fighting to have statues of Democrats removed and cons are fighting to keep them.
The Democrats are simply trying to remove their own history from public view. Nancy Pelosi has been in govt for 30 years. Funny how she's now suddenly "offended" by the statues. Isn't it also funny how they didn't come down during 8 years of Obama?
I guess they weren't "offensive" yet. They didn't become "offensive" until Trump (or any Republican probably) re-gained the Office.

I hope you're [i[actually[/i] paying attention to what's going on here. And by that I mean ignore the giant, disembodied talking head and look behind the curtain. (that's a clue).