Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
You're likely right. The KKK were Democrats weren't they? I was actually surprised to hear that because I always thought it was the Republicans, The Democrats have been the racists all along! Huh, who knew?

That changed in the sixties.

Walt is stuck in the fifties when he was a dem.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, y'know, 81% of all White people killed are killed by other White people.

That's about 96%, ain't? I mean, like, ballpark.
Seen lots of White Lives Matter protests have you? I don't mean the counter protestors at BLM protests, I mean the full-bloodied rioting and MASS protests when unarmed White people are murdered by cop. You see a lot of that do you? Do you see Whitey screaming "racism" every time a non-White cop kills a White person? Do you see them hijacking Pride events over it? No? Huh, how about that. Nor do I see Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, or Arabic people acting that way when cops kill people from their communities.

It's the hypocrisy dude. Black lives matter but only when it's the 4-5% that are killed by cops, most of whom are NOT killed by White cops. In that regard, BLM complains about the splinter in Whitey's eye while having a two by four in their own.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
She shows an ignorance matched only by her certainty.[/QUO

Actually, all you have to do is LISTEN to what the Democrats are saying; I'm not being ignorant at all & you continue to be disingenuous.

Democrats are and have always been racists - that's true. Having said that, Republicans (mostly Conservatives) have not stepped up to the plate and stopped the B.S. that the Democrats have been spewing for the last (at least) 50 years so they bare responsibility as well. They've avoided working with Blacks and other minorities, failed to ensure that these communities would have faired better under a Conservative Leadership by explaining their platforms etc. But they didn't and so Blacks & minorities have voted Democrats because they didn't feel they had a choice - the "other side" never offered options they could rely on or believe. So that's what has led to today.
Had Republicans not been weenies, America wouldn't be where it is now. Complacency does have consequences and everyone has to bare some responsibility, ESPECIALLY if they're part of the problem.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It did huh? So Johnson's constant use of the N-word wasn't really racist and just a reflection of the times? Like how he referred to the Civil Rights Act he was instrumental in creating as the "ni**er bill"? Or how the Democrat's policies would "have those ni**ers voting for us for the next 60 years".

Oh yeah, big change in attitude.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It did huh? So Johnson's constant use of the N-word wasn't really racist and just a reflection of the times? Like how he referred to the Civil Rights Act he was instrumental in creating as the "ni**er bill"? Or how the Democrat's policies would "have those ni**ers voting for us for the next 60 years".
OK, so. . .

So far I'm getting that there is no racism or discrimination except against White people and that Democrats are racist and Republicans aren't.

That about right?

Gotta get this down before the quiz.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Walt is stuck in the fifties when he was a dem.

Senator Robert Byrd and the Ku Klux Klan - ThoughtCo
https://www.thoughtco.com/robert-byrd-kkk-4147055

2019-10-30 · Senator Robert Byrd and the Ku Klux Klan Robert Carlyle Byrd of West Virginia served in the United States Congress from 1952 to 2010, making him one of the longest serving U.S. Senators in American history. While in office, he earned the praises of civil rights advocates.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Beats blaming it on the cops, I guess.
Yep, because every cop in L.A. took a turn at Rodney King. Korean store owners all took a turn at Rodney King. All the other business owners who lost everything all took a turn at Rodney King.

OK. If a White Canadian says so, it must be true.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
OK, so. . .

So far I'm getting that there is no racism or discrimination except against White people and that Democrats are racist and Republicans aren't.

That about right?

Yep, pointing out the hypocrisy of BLM is exactly the same as denying there's any racism in the US except against White people. Don't forget to clarify that all White Democrats are racists and all Democrats of colour are Uncle Toms, apples, bananas etc, while ALL Republicans are just god and country lovin' 'Murican patriots regardless of their skin colour. Is that what you wanted to hear? Because it sounds like you just want someone to confirm your spin doctored bias.

Watch this video. Seriously. https://www.facebook.com/kashlee.kelly/videos/554536008770728/

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Black man lynched in a tree in front of city hall in Southern CA. shortly after a BLM protest there. Police are trying to call it a "suicide". Two weeks ago, there was also another black man lynched in Southern CA! Do you not see what is happening?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep, pointing out the hypocrisy of BLM is exactly the same as denying there's any racism in the US except against White people. Don't forget to clarify that all White Democrats are racists and all Democrats of colour are Uncle Toms, apples, bananas etc, while ALL Republicans are just god and country lovin' 'Murican patriots regardless of their skin colour. Is that what you wanted to hear? Because it sounds like you just want someone to confirm your spin doctored bias.
Watch this video. Seriously. https://www.facebook.com/kashlee.kelly/videos/554536008770728/
Let me take some notes. . .

OK, one more question. What about the independents? Racist, not racist, what's their deal?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
That's the narrative, is it?

Down here, we've quit complaining. See what happens when you coddle the savages?

We'll see. If you think it's a lead-pipe cinch, I invite you to watch the body-cam video of "Mitch" Brailsford killing Daniel Shavers (who was White!), with the knowledge that Brailsford was acquitted.

I would take Chauvin's case. I bet I could at least get it down to "negligent homicide," if not a complete walk.

I'd center my argument around three points. . .

1. The Minneapolis PD officially, formally lists neck-kneeling as a "non-lethal technique."

2. Three other cops had no problem with it.

3. I'd show lots and lots of video clips of other Black men being "restrained" by police and saying "I can't breathe," demonstrating that the Black men in question survived and are doing fine, physically.

Plus, of course, focussing on the fact that Floyd George had a criminal record, which for some reason juries seem to find extremely relevant. And offering the ME's report that Floyd George died of "underlying medical conditions."

Throw in a "change of venue" to a nice, all-white county with a solid Republican voting record, and a little creative voir dire, and I bet I could have Chauvin retiring on a disability pension for his PTSD from the incident.
Just because it is legal, does not mean it is right. ( not in a moral sense,but a humanitarian sense)

but you do make a pretty good case. But given the current level of heightened awareness hard to predict the outcome.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just because it is legal, does not mean it is right. ( not in a moral sense,but a humanitarian sense)
but you do make a pretty good case. But given the current level of heightened awareness hard to predict the outcome.

I said there is no justice
As they led me out of the door
And the Judge said, "This isn't a court of justice, son
This is a court of law."

-- Billy Bragg

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OK, so. . .

That about right?

Are these white people Irish , Ukrainian, or Greek ?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

The south went Republican after the civil rights act was passed and never returned.

It’s not Democrat’s wanting to fly the confederate flag or the ones defending the statues of Democrats.

It’s your side that’s doing that.

Have a nice evening.