Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Because these particular stats are:
1. A lie.
2. Completely irrelevant.
3. Presented as if they somehow refute the fact that blacks are disproportionately harassed, abused, and murdered by the cops.
By the way, the actual figure for Blacks killing Blacks is "somewhere around" 88%, and for Whites killing Whites it's 81%. This is unsurprising to anybody who thinks about it for six seconds or more.
So. . . do White lives also not matter? Or is the magical cutoff for lives mattering somewhere between 81% and 88%? Or possibly between 81% and "somewhere around" 96%?
And because I'm not a White Canadian, I'll guess I need to support my statement.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

I checked, and for the year quoted the stats are in fact true. 88% are newer stats, but they also put in a caveat that over the long term the averages are still in around the 90%.

The narrative from BLM and their supporters is that the majority of blacks are being killed by whites. This isnt any where near the truth.

Up here, whites are being blamed for the majority of first nations deaths, disappearances, and beatings. Again, when one looks at the stats, the majority are first Nations on first Nations, not white on first nations, but that doesnt fit into the narrative.

Now, none of that takes away from the fact that George floyd was murdered by a cop, and said cop should have the book thrown at him. Especially since he is a cop.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
It was a f*cking study done by the City of Detroit to try and figure out why business and industry were bailing the hell out of the city faster than a female reporter running from Trudeau. But since the facts don't align with your beliefs, the facts are therefore racist. But before you get all uppity f*ck about it, a very similar thing happened in Oshawa, which is predominantly White. So suck my ass.

It did?

Hard to find boarded up shops in Oshawa with a growing population.

Was my summarization correct?

Seems to be, going from this so called study you cite.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The narrative from BLM and their supporters is that the majority of blacks are being killed by whites. This isnt any where near the truth.

That's the narrative, is it?
Up here, whites are being blamed for the majority of first nations deaths, disappearances, and beatings. Again, when one looks at the stats, the majority are first Nations on first Nations, not white on first nations, but that doesnt fit into the narrative.
Down here, we've quit complaining. See what happens when you coddle the savages?
Now, none of that takes away from the fact that George floyd was murdered by a cop, and said cop should have the book thrown at him. Especially since he is a cop.
We'll see. If you think it's a lead-pipe cinch, I invite you to watch the body-cam video of "Mitch" Brailsford killing Daniel Shavers (who was White!), with the knowledge that Brailsford was acquitted.

I would take Chauvin's case. I bet I could at least get it down to "negligent homicide," if not a complete walk.

I'd center my argument around three points. . .

1. The Minneapolis PD officially, formally lists neck-kneeling as a "non-lethal technique."

2. Three other cops had no problem with it.

3. I'd show lots and lots of video clips of other Black men being "restrained" by police and saying "I can't breathe," demonstrating that the Black men in question survived and are doing fine, physically.

Plus, of course, focussing on the fact that Floyd George had a criminal record, which for some reason juries seem to find extremely relevant. And offering the ME's report that Floyd George died of "underlying medical conditions."

Throw in a "change of venue" to a nice, all-white county with a solid Republican voting record, and a little creative voir dire, and I bet I could have Chauvin retiring on a disability pension for his PTSD from the incident.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I would take Chauvin's case. I bet I could at least get it down to "negligent homicide," if not a complete walk.
1. The Minneapolis PD officially, formally lists neck-kneeling as a "non-lethal technique."
3. I'd show lots and lots of video clips of other Black men being "restrained" by police and saying "I can't breathe," demonstrating that the Black men in question survived and are doing fine, physically.
Plus, of course, focussing on the fact that Floyd George had a criminal record, which for some reason juries seem to find extremely relevant. And offering the ME's report that Floyd George died of "underlying medical conditions."
Throw in a "change of venue" to a nice, all-white county with a solid Republican voting record, and a little creative voir dire, and I bet I could have Chauvin retiring on a disability pension for his PTSD from the incident.

What that shows is how screwed up your justice system is.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What that shows is how screwed up your justice system is.
Thank you. It's rewarding to know one's life's work has had such an effect on the country.

The "change of venue" dodge is freakin' terrific! Remember Rodney King? One little motion that the case had received too much publicity to get a fair trial in LA County, and bingo! you're in Orange County!

Orange County is heavily populated by retired cops and firefighters.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, obviously Black lives shouldn't matter.

Therefore, it's perfectly OK for a cop to kneel on a Black man's neck until he dies.

Thanks for explaining that, kemo sabe.
A) I was repeating what I heard a Black man say about all of this BLM shit. B) It was perfectly okay when cops knelt on a White man's neck until he died because he wasn't Black. Would you like some further explanation? Like how it's excited delirium when cops kill an unarmed White man but it's clearly 100% racism and ONLY racism when cops kill an unarmed Black person?

I guess Dillon Taylor deserved to be murdered by a Black cop because a White cop killed Michael Brown 3 days earlier. He must have deserved it because Obama and Holder sure as f*ck had nothing to say about it. Meanwhile the MSM was too busy virtue signaling over Brown's death to give two shits about Taylor's murder. Taylor's murderer used the "I was in fear for my life excuse" despite the fact that none of the other cops with him even shot at Dillon.

Yep, it's perfectly okay for cops to kill Whitey and anyone else who isn't Black for that matter because ONLY Black lives matter, but only those killed by White cops. You're not supposed to pay attention to the fact that Black on Black violent crime is responsible for around 94% of the Black people murdered every year. And that's... the f*cking...point!

Of course you tried to derail the point by inferring that I think what happened to Floyd was perfectly acceptable. Police murdering someone who has been safely detained is never acceptable. Do we understand each other now? We all should care about shit like that no matter who the victim is. The question is, why should I care just because the victim is Black when A) it happens to people of all races? and B) When the violent crime stats indicate Black lives don't really matter one whit to groups like BLM unless they can be used to play the identity politics game.
Where's the outrage over David Dorn's murder? Oh that's right, David Dorn was murdered by a looter who happened to be Black. Funny how a career criminal like Floyd gets a state-like funeral procession with a fancy horse drawn hearse and golden casket and lots of media attention while David Dorn who selflessly served his community for over 30 years gets bupkiss. Oh yeah, Black lives sure do matter don't they.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Thank you. It's rewarding to know one's life's work has had such an effect on the country.

The "change of venue" dodge is freakin' terrific! Remember Rodney King? One little motion that the case had received too much publicity to get a fair trial in LA County, and bingo! you're in Orange County!

Orange County is heavily populated by retired cops and firefighters.
Blame it on the MSM dogs who helped whip it up into a rabid frenzy making it impossible for a fair trial to even take place.

And remember what happened to Reginald Denny? "Let's show those racist pigs what for by beating the living shit out of some White truck driver. Yeah baby, now THAT'S justice for Rodney King". But only Whitey is racist.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Blame it on the MSM dogs who helped whip it up into a rabid frenzy making it impossible for a fair trial to even take place.
Beats blaming it on the cops, I guess.
And remember what happened to Reginald Denny? "Let's show those racist pigs what for by beating the living shit out of some White truck driver. Yeah baby, now THAT'S justice for Rodney King". But only Whitey is racist.
OK. If a White Canadian says so, it must be true.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That's the narrative, is it?

Down here, we've quit complaining. See what happens when you coddle the savages?

We'll see. If you think it's a lead-pipe cinch, I invite you to watch the body-cam video of "Mitch" Brailsford killing Daniel Shavers (who was White!), with the knowledge that Brailsford was acquitted.

I believe it - just get it in front of a Democratically appointed judge and you'll probably succeed! After all, it's the Democrats that keep the Blacks down & the Republicans don't give a crap! Get it in front of a Conservative judge and he'll fry!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I believe it - just get it in front of a Democratically appointed judge and you'll probably succeed! After all, it's the Democrats that keep the Blacks down & the Republicans don't give a crap! Get it in front of a Conservative judge and he'll fry!

We don't have Conservative judges. There's no Conservative Party in the U.S.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
We don't have Conservative judges. There's no Conservative Party in the U.S.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I am quite aware of that but did you actually not know there are Conservatives in the U.S.? Seriously? Not all Conservatives are Republicans and not all Republicans are Conservative but again, you're being disingenuous. Not surprised.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
just another Dem driving his truck.

You're likely right. The KKK were Democrats weren't they? I was actually surprised to hear that because I always thought it was the Republicans, The Democrats have been the racists all along! Huh, who knew?