Trudeau Campaigning with Taxpayer Money

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Scheer shut down anti abortion legislation in caucus.
No elected conservative could try to bring forward an anti abortion rights bill and as far as I know still can't.
So why would anyone who believes abortion is wrong vote for the conservatives?
Who are those people supposed to vote for?
Antifa. They believe everything is wrong.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Yet, the media and the Liberals paint the party with the same brush.

If I had the dough, I'd run.
How could anyone who believes abortion is wrong run for a party that will not allow you to try to change the abortion law?

How could they even vote for that party?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
How could anyone who believes abortion is wrong run for a party that will not allow you to try to change the abortion law?

How could they even vote for that party?

I think the the abortion and gay marriage issue is a red herring, nothing more. The "go to" for the Liberals. But members of the conservative party allow themselves to be tripped up by the Liberals again and again. Those conservatives who can't get this through their heads are the biggest obstacle to getting the party elected.

Social conservatism is for bureaucratic knuckleheads who have no place in in politics.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I think the the abortion and gay marriage issue is a red herring, nothing more. The "go to" for the Liberals. But members of the conservative party allow themselves to be tripped up by the Liberals again and again. Those conservatives who can't get this through their heads are the biggest obstacle to getting the party elected.

Social conservatism is for bureaucratic knuckleheads who have no place in in politics.

Yes...belief in traditional values such as a strong traditional cohesive nuclear family, social unity, national pride and belief in a higher power than ones self are so dumb and pointless in this day and age. Diversity and cultural animosity is our strength, right? To hell with established institutions and tradition.

I guess we'll find out in fairly short order how this complete and outright rejection of hundreds of years of accumulated traditional values turns out in this new unprecedented social experiment...2020 has been a real treat so far.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes...belief in traditional values such as a strong traditional cohesive nuclear family, social unity, national pride and belief in a higher power than ones self are so dumb and pointless in this day and age. Diversity and cultural animosity is our strength, right? To hell with established institutions and tradition.

Funny how you just kinda cut out "racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-any religion but Christianity bigotry, and corporal punishment" from your list of "traditional values.

The nuclear family is crap, a short-lived construct to control the masses. You'll note the powerful don't live in nuclear families. They live in clans.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Funny how you just kinda cut out "racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-any religion but Christianity bigotry, and corporal punishment" from your list of "traditional values.

The nuclear family is crap, a short-lived construct to control the masses. You'll note the powerful don't live in nuclear families. They live in clans.

I didn't cut it out...social conservative values and "____ism" are not mutually exclusive.

If you can't see your obvious hypocrisy in conflating and judging an entire group of people by the socially unacceptable actions of a few, you certainly won't be able to see why you are only harming your progressive cause.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

That's the great thing about freedom, we can all decide the things we value and the things we don't. I believe a strong cohesive family has done more to advance social strength and harmony than almost any other factor. you don't believe this...no problem. I won't push my belief on you, all I ask for is the same consideration in return.

It's not black or white ( don't get triggered, it's just an expression)...you can believe in family and support gay rights at the same time. It's unfortunate people aren't emotionally mature enough these days to understand this.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Is CBC testing the waters for Trudie to call an early election?

Boost in support for Liberals the biggest for a minority government in 60 years

It would seem to me that given the circumstance, a fall snap election would logically be all but certain.

You have a Conservative opposition that will still be on it's back foot fresh off a leadership campaign, parliament kneecapped since March with zero accountability from the Liberals on $250,000,000,000.00 (and counting) of emergency spending. You have a public who's sense of normalcy has been completely disrupted, and Trudeau who has been throwing money at them as fast as he could possibly manage. You have the daily campaign-style briefings from the cottage steps....nothing like daily media exposure, catching soft-balls from the media like it was pulled from the script of Wag The Dog. Prior to all the craziness, Trudeau had only eeked out a weak minority mandate that would have been precarious at best, and most likely indefensible given the enormous damage to the economy this little pisant inflicted on our economy in the last 5 years. This pandemic was a gift from the gods for him.

The impact from all this massive spending, resulting debt-load, and a devastated economy is going to be felt over the next several decades, but will be particularly painful over the next several years. Increasing taxes and deep cuts to social spending are inevitable. Our economy is going to suffer massive damage. High unemployment rates will be the norm for the foreseeable future. Trudeau's once touted "debt to GDP" metric which he has used for the last half decade to justify his insane spending has been obliterated, he has run out of runway and has no more excuses...his bag of tricks is almost empty.

The chickens are going to come home to roost in the coming couple of years and things will only get worse into the future...much worse. Trudeau will want to try to grab a majority mandate before this happens. I suspect an election may be imminent.