Space X-Launches Astronauts into Space

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Beautiful , perfect launch . Sounds like something Trump would say .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is certainly time that space travel expands beyond the realm of government owned ships.
Yep, it's time for a move into that great sphere of cost-plus contracts!

It perpetually amazes me that some people are so stupid that they call a company with one customer, the government, for either their entire existence or for a product or service line "private enterprise." And yet these same people call the government paying private companies to build roads "the government building roads."

Weird.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
It perpetually amazes me that some people are so stupid that they call a company with one customer, the government, for either their entire existence or for a product or service line "private enterprise." And yet these same people call the government paying private companies to build roads "the government building roads."
Weird.

What rhymes with industrial military complex?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Space X has reduced the cost of getting shit into space by quite a bit.

Lockheed Martin ain’t to happy with Musk and his return to earth booster rockets.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Weird.
I'm not seeing a need for government involvement at all except for buying space on a ship just like they do with ocean going ships. ight be a tad early but it will come. Wither way it is still less expensive than having government employees doing the work.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yep like pipelines (opposite the Liberal trans mountain though) private companies build the pipeline and Energy companies pay for capacity to use it. Cheaper in the long run for installation and maintenance of the facility, and no liability if something goes wrong.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yup, no contractor has ever ripped off the government. Those $500 screw drivers are worth every penny.
Shit.....go ahead, I deserve it.
Nope, turns out that you recognized your peril at the last moment, and in a phenomenally athletic move, rescued yourself!

Well done!