Where's the Thread on "George Floyd" ????

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Neither one of us are medical examinators, etc....but in your opinion, if the above didn't happen, would this George Floyd have died minutes later?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positional_asphyxia
Research has suggested that restraining a person in a face-down position is likely to cause greater restriction of breathing than restraining a person face-up. Multiple cases have been associated with the hogtie or hobble prone restraint position. Many law enforcement and health personnel are now taught to avoid restraining people face-down or to do so only for a very short period of time.
Risk factors which may increase the chance of death include prolonged (particularly resisted) restraint, obesity, prior cardiac or respiratory problems, and the use of illicit drugs such as cocaine. Other issues in the way the subject is restrained can also increase the risk of death, for example kneeling or otherwise placing weight on the subject and particularly any type of restraint hold around the subject's neck. Research measuring the effect of restraint positions on lung function suggests that restraint which involves bending the restrained person or placing body weight on them has more effect on their breathing than face-down positioning alone.
As the report says the restraint contributed to the death.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, "they" tried kneeling in silent, non-violent protest, and were fired and blacklisted at the demand of the president. So what did you expect?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I've been tied up for several days, but whenever I hear any news that isn't about COVID 19....it's about "George Floyd." There are riots in at least nine different US cities over this murder and CNN is going 24/7 on this....& I can't find (so far) anything about it here on the Forum.

The following is why I didnt bother.
The riots have nothing to do about George Floyd.
George Floyd autopsy found 'no physical findings...of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation'
'Underlying health conditions,' intoxicants, police restraint 'likely contributed to his death'

https://justthenews.com/government/...-no-physical-findingsof-traumatic-asphyxia-or
Probably why the DA only charged the cop with third degree murder.
Can't pass around bad money if you are dead.

I knew wally, blackie, or one of the other racists would make this the victims fault.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
We can't have a thread every time a black guy in America gets killed by police. Its pretty much a daily occurence.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Can't pass around bad money if you are dead.

One Hell of a response for a traffic stop for a guy matching the description of someone suspected of passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Has anyone here happened to have seen where it was confirmed that it was actually George Floyd who was actually the person that was the one the police where actually looking for (?) or if this $20 bill was actually counterfeit or not?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Let us think now - the guy who shot and killed 22 people in El Paso?

Arrested without incident.