Capitalism will save this world

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Right now people are finding out how much air travel means to them.
Air Canada needs that bail out cash but what's the point?
It's going to be a long time as in forever before people travel the way they once did.
Repeating stupid does not make it smart.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Right now people are finding out how uch air travel means to them.

Air Canada needs that bail out cash but what's the point?

It's going to be a long time as in forever before people travel the way they once did.

I need air travel. We aren't traveling right now because we are told we can't. It's not a natural market force and I am ok with a bailout. We are printing money anyhow.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You can fly, just be prepared to self isolate for a fortnight

The rules have made flight impractical. Air Canada has also cancelled all flights to the states. A lot of tourist destinations like Jamaica, Barbados, Bermuda are closed to all commercial travel and tourists. Yes you can technically fly. But not realistically.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I need air travel. We aren't traveling right now because we are told we can't. It's not a natural market force and I am ok with a bailout. We are printing money anyhow.
we have been printing money for decades.

air travel will survive because it is as you say a necessity and the government will bail it out because as you say we live in a world where we can simply print money.

The German government bailed out Lufthansa for $9.8 billion which is $13+ billion canadian?

So expect Air Canada to cost us in that neighborhood.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I've always said that to the ruling elite and the government, we are just chattel. Canada and the US are corporations, bought and sold on the stock market and we are assets of those corporations. Stop expecting the governments to care about us. They don't. Trump has just brought that out into the open but it has always been thus. Yes, we are human capital stock. Yes get angry. Now channel that anger into constructive action. We do not live in democracies or republics. We live in coropratocracies/oligarchies. Time to change that. Time for people to wake up to reality.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've always said that to the ruling elite and the government, we are just chattel. Canada and the US are corporations, bought and sold on the stock market and we are assets of those corporations. Stop expecting the governments to care about us. They don't. Trump has just brought that out into the open but it has always been thus. Yes, we are human capital stock. Yes get angry. Now channel that anger into constructive action. We do not live in democracies or republics. We live in coropratocracies/oligarchies. Time to change that. Time for people to wake up to reality.
Why did they bother investing in you if you are just a beast?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
‘Something isn’t right’: U.S. probes soaring beef prices
One hundred years ago, U.S. antitrust prosecutors broke down monopolies in meatpacking. But can they do it again?https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/25/meatpackers-prices-coronavirus-antitrust-275093

Edmonton used to have a huge meat packing district and many packers. Now I believe there are two. And Canadian beef prices are ridiculous.

Personally I don't eat beef very much at all. I never eat ground beef. We might make a roast beef once or twice a year. If that. I find beef hard to digest.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Petroglyph...