COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

The covid virus has put the Canadian government into a corner where their previous corporate welfare programs are going to hae to be re-examined.

Particularly ship-building.

The fighter replacement is obviously shit-canned but the ship-building werlfare programs that have to be stopped as well.

There is no way they can still afford those bailouts with every other bailout they are now on the hook for.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

The covid crisis in Canada is quickly resolvingitself into a Quebec/Ontario issue.

BC had 18 new cases yesterday. Ontario had over 400. No idea how many Quebec had as their data is obfiscated. You would have to guess more than Ontario.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Ridiculously masked special needs left-wing reporters gather together in a room to complain about Trump reopening churches - because it involves people gathering together in a room:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Do the locals own the area they live in?

I hope they get done for criminal damage.

Yep, I have to admit we in British Columbia have more than our fair share of Assholes! Best just to mind one's own business, especially when you don't understand the situation.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yep, I have to admit we in British Columbia have more than our fair share of Assholes! Best just to mind one's own business, especially when you don't understand the situation.

A certain section of society is loving the lockdown: those members of the public who enjoy telling others what to do and not to do, even though they don't have the right and the authority, are having a field day right now.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

A certain section of society is loving the lockdown: those members of the public who enjoy telling others what to do and not to do, even though they don't have the right and the authority, are having a field day right now.

Common sense is the key. Most of us with some common sense realize there are experts in every field who know more than we do & unless you are an expert yourself you follow their advice. Most of us understand the rationale behind suffering a little short term pain for gain over the long haul. Smart people make the lockdown work for them while finding other ways to find enjoyment.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Common sense is the key. Most of us with some common sense realize there are experts in every field who know more than we do & unless you are an expert yourself you follow their advice. Most of us understand the rationale behind suffering a little short term pain for gain over the long haul. Smart people make the lockdown work for them while finding other ways to find enjoyment.

I don't think the Government should be following the advice of any "expert" they decide to follow.

Not only does it lead to disastrous consequences - like the Government imposing a draconian lockdown based on an outdated computer program of a man who predicted 500,000 coronavirus deaths in Britain (there have only been 341,000 so far... in the world) - but it's also profoundly undemocratic: the Government should be running the country, not unelected scientists.

As for "smart people": in Britain, the smart people are the 29% who have been ignoring the lockdown.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I don't think the Government should be following the advice of any "expert" they decide to follow.

Not only does it lead to disastrous consequences - like the Government imposing a draconian lockdown based on an outdated computer program of a man who predicted 500,000 coronavirus deaths in Britain (there have only been 341,000 so far... in the world) - but it's also profoundly undemocratic: the Government should be running the country, not unelected scientists.

As for "smart people": in Britain, the smart people are the 29% who have been ignoring the lockdown.

I think you are talking a lot of garbage. While Governments hire experts in various fields, I doubt if the administrative section of the Gov't. is an expert in anything (drama lessons aside). Trump certainly shouldn't be prescribing medicine. Did I not advise you before to listen more and speak less? Take the advise or look like an idiot. :)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

Hypocrisy, thy name is Donald J. Trump.

Golfing As The U.S. Mourns 100,000 Dead? Trump’s Ugly Memorial Day Message:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethco...dents-ugly-memorial-day-message/#15fef9a97062

Yet he tweeted this concerning Obama during the Ebola outbreak which saw 11 people infected and 2 deaths:

For the record, there are over 1.6 million confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US and over 97,000 dead.

MAGA!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

New covid cases:

Quebec - 600+
Ontario 400+
BC 10

the "reopening" of Ontario and Quebec is what happens when the political leadership cannot stand up to public pressure.

Quebec and Ontario are going to kill every person in long term care so that teenagers will vote for them

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

New covid cases:

Quebec - 600+
Ontario 400+
BC 10

the "reopening" of Ontario and Quebec is what happens when the political leadership cannot stand up to public pressure.

Quebec and Ontario are going to kill every person in long term care so that teenagers will vote for them

I think your imagination is running overtime! :)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

President Trump DID NOT suggest anyone drink or inject bleach into themselves as a cure for #covid19 and here’s the proof....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

"The drug first emerged as a possible coronavirus therapeutic in June, when a study by researchers in Victoria, Australia, showed the drug wiped out the virus in a test tube. That promising result led to the latest trials."
Which June?
The one last year before the virus was discovered or the one you have to get in a time machine for?
Dude, don't be naive.

Remember the International Month Line. Australia's ahead of us.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit