Trudeau Campaigning with Taxpayer Money

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Okay, enough is enough. Prisoners do not need the Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit. People who are between 15 and 18, unless they are living outside the home and have recently become unemployed, don't need the CERB. I have spoke to people I know and they have said they received the CERB without even applying. They were simply on E.I. and suddenly they got checks without application.

As I understand it Trudeau tossed a bone to aboriginals living off the reserve today so that they can maintain their cultural practice. Whatever the hell that means?

Seems pretty clear what''s going on this point.The Trudeau government has been in full frontal campaign mode blatantly exploiting the pandemic for political gain. They are running this country into unprecedented debt and while I supported the early stuff, this Prime Minister is acting like a teenage girl let loose in the mall with a Centurion American Express Card.

It's insane.

The conservatives better get their heads out of their asses. Get rid of that bloody Scheer, who really is a sad sack Christian right wing social conservative, and get their party in order. Enough with the B.S. about gay marriage and abortion. We are headed for an election very soon and we cannot afford another term with this spendaholic.

Or should I say, our great grandchildren can't afford it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That b.s. about gay marriage and abortion is brought up by the press not Scheer . They pile onto that issue mercyle

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That b.s. about gay marriage and abortion is brought up by the press not Scheer . They pile onto that issue mercilessly .
So do you think the Conservative party should disallow Christian people running for office ? How about Muslims they are against both abortion and gay marriage, should they also be disallowed?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
That b.s. about gay marriage and abortion is brought up by the press not Scheer . They pile onto that issue mercilessly .
So do you think the Conservative party should disallow Christian people running for office ? How about Muslims they are against both abortion and gay marriage, should they also be disallowed?

They are banning the fairy tale believers from running?

Simply not true, the party would be wise to select a leader who lives in the 21st century though.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Simply not true, the party would be wise to select a leader who lives in the 21st century though.
OH yeah man, sucking up to oppressive regimes like China is very modern thinking.

Are you sure it's the 21st century though? I mean birth control has been around forever and yet we're still insisting on free elective abortions as a basic human right. Barbarity over prevention. Yep, there's some more of that oh so progressive 21st century thinking.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
OH yeah man, sucking up to oppressive regimes like China is very modern thinking.

Are you sure it's the 21st century though? I mean birth control has been around forever and yet we're still insisting on free elective abortions as a basic human right. Barbarity over prevention. Yep, there's some more of that oh so progressive 21st century thinking.

Amen!

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

And Scheer took the bait and talked himself right into losing against a Prime Minister mired in scandal.
How long will far right wing evangelicals continue to sabotage their own party?

Just the stupid ones who can't separate their religion from politics. They have no place in government or policy making. They are by nature discriminatory.

As to your second question. Just the stupid ones who don't understand that they can hold these convictions, but we didn't hire them to spread the word of Allah or Jehovah, or Jesus Christ. They were hired to run our government, balance our books (Ha), protect our interests at home and abroad, and countless other things that have nothing to do with personal religious beliefs.

So, if I was in charge, all are welcome, but check your religion at the door.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And Scheer took the bait and talked himself right into losing against a Prime Minister mired in scandal.
How long will far right wing evangelicals continue to sabotage their own party?

Just the stupid ones who can't separate their religion from politics. They have no place in government or policy making. They are by nature discriminatory.

As to your second question. Just the stupid ones who don't understand that they can hold these convictions, but we didn't hire them to spread the word of Allah or Jehovah, or Jesus Christ. They were hired to run our government, balance our books (Ha), protect our interests at home and abroad, and countless other things that have nothing to do with personal religious beliefs.

So, if I was in charge, all are welcome, but check your religion at the door.
You do understand how most candidates get their nomination I presume . One goes out into the community to obtain a support base , and the first place most go is their church , temple or mosque where you find many like minded people . Sikhs sign up their whole temple into party membership and flood the convention . Christians sign up the whole congregation and flood the convention and on and on . You will never completely lose those people in our present system and they are in every party . And with respect to the abortion and gay issues we had a conservative majority and those were not touched . Pretty much a dead issue for most people except to be used as a gotcha .

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You do understand how most candidates get their nomination I presume . One goes out into the community to obtain a support base , and the first place most go is their church , temple or mosque where you find many like minded people . Sikhs sign up their whole temple into party membership and flood the convention . Christians sign up the whole congregation and flood the convention and on and on . You will never completely lose those people in our present system and they are in every party . And with respect to the abortion and gay issues we had a conservative majority and those were not touched . Pretty much a dead issue for most people except to be used as a gotcha .

Exactly on the gay and abortion issue, but still Scheer couldn't shut that down. It's the weapon of choice for the Liberals. Paint their opponent as bigoted, as anti-feminist and anti women's choice what to do with their body. As long as conservatives allow themselves to be framed up by this it will continue to be a tactic of the Liberals. It's time to stop handing them ammunition. Harper never took that bait. He had a free vote in the house on gay marriage and when it passed he said, That's it, we're done. The Liberals chum the waters with it, find the extreme idiot who can't comprehend he/she is torpedoing their own party and just like that, hook line and sinker. Time for Conservatives to wake up and ditch the social conservatism.

There's a lot riding on the next election. We can't afford four more years of this Liberal Cult. Sooner we get this phony corrupt double dealing prime minister out of office the better.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Exactly on the gay and abortion issue, but still Scheer couldn't shut that down. It's the weapon of choice for the Liberals. Paint their opponent as bigoted, as anti-feminist and anti women's choice what to do with their body. As long as conservatives allow themselves to be framed up by this it will continue to be a tactic of the Liberals. It's time to stop handing them ammunition. Harper never took that bait. He had a free vote in the house on gay marriage and when it passed he said, That's it, we're done. The Liberals chum the waters with it, find the extreme idiot who can't comprehend he/she is torpedoing their own party and just like that, hook line and sinker. Time for Conservatives to wake up and ditch the social conservatism.

There's a lot riding on the next election. We can't afford four more years of this Liberal Cult. Sooner we get this phony corrupt double dealing prime minister out of office the better.
I do not disagree , however if I have an issue and my local candidate wants my support and party membership he better pay at least lip service to my issue . If my whole congregation agrees and lends support , that issue had better come up or support will dry up . The party leaders should be able to avoid this trap , but who said Scheer is a leader ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I know. It's just so UNFAIR to bring up Scheer's repeatedly-expressed beliefs and opinions!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Exactly on the gay and abortion issue, but still Scheer couldn't shut that down. It's the weapon of choice for the Liberals. Paint their opponent as bigoted, as anti-feminist and anti women's choice what to do with their body. As long as conservatives allow themselves to be framed up by this it will continue to be a tactic of the Liberals.
That one was all on our biased media.

In 2015 in was an "outrage" according to CBC that anyone questions Trudeau's Catholic beliefs.

By the way, Scheer is Catholic not christian.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

So women who get raped should have known better and slipped in a diaphragm before going for that jog.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Scheer shut down anti abortion legislation in caucus.

No elected conservative could try to bring forward an anti abortion rights bill and as far as I know still can't.

So why would anyone who believes abortion is wrong vote for the conservatives?

Who are those people supposed to vote for?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Scheer shut down anti abortion legislation in caucus.

No elected conservative could try to bring forward an anti abortion rights bill and as far as I know still can't.

So why would anyone who believes abortion is wrong vote for the conservatives?

Who are those people supposed to vote for?

Yet, the media and the Liberals paint the party with the same brush.

If I had the dough, I'd run.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That would pretty much leave out the two front runners. Old party hacks well past their best before date.