Israeli F-35s

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
22 YEARS OF CRAP!!!!
Don't buy it !!!
Trump On F-35: ‘We Should Make Everything’ In US
"All because President [Barack] Obama and others — I’m not just blaming him — thought it was a wonderful thing,” President Trump said. “The problem is, if we have a problem with a country, you can’t make the jet. We get parts from all over the place. It’s so crazy."
WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump delivered a garbled and misleading critique of the F-35’s supply chain today, casting the flexible and redundant international supply chain among allies as a program weakness he planned to fix. The president offered his summary of the F-35 supply chain in an interview with Fox News primarily focused on the global supply chain and China’s role in it.
“I’m very disappointed in China,” the president said in an interview broadcast today on Fox Business Network.
“They should have never let this happen. So I make a great trade deal and now I say this doesn’t feel the same to me. The ink was barely dry and the plague came over. And it doesn’t feel the same to me,” Trump said.
Later in the interview, the president offered the F-35 as an example of “the stupidity that I’ve seen” in America’s management of international trade, pointing to what he characterized as bungling by his predecessors.
“As an example, we’re making a fighter jet. It’s a certain fighter jet, I won’t tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35,” Trump said
But what the president said is not accurate. The main body of the jet — the central fuselage — is made in the United States by Northrop Grumman. Turkey did make some until the Trump Administration expelled Turkey from the F-35 program when President Tayyip Erdogan thumbed his nose at NATO and bought the S-400, an advanced surface-to-air missile system, from Russia. The United States under Trump has already decided to refuse to buy Turkish-made parts for the F-35.
There is a shadow of truth to the president’s characterization in that the Government Accountability Office just found that the Joint Strike Fighter program is having trouble finding replacements for 15 key parts previously supplied by Turkey to the F-35 program. But Turkey was expelled from the program by the Trump administration so…
The larger truth is that the F-35 program was designed from the beginning to be a vast enterprise with major components and its 300,000 parts made around the world, at dispersed and redundant manufacturing plants. The plane is assembled in three countries, at Fort Worth, Texas, in Cameri, Italy and in Nagoya, Japan. The program’s goal from the start: to closely bind and benefit both the United States and its allies. I’ve covered the F-35 almost since its beginnings. Here’s the language from the Memorandum of Understanding between the US and its allies as they agreed to build and fund the F-35. It’s simple, direct and clear.
“Having a common interest in defense;
“Recognizing the benefits to be obtained from international cooperation regarding standardization, rationalization, and interoperability of military equipments;
“Desiring to improve their mutual conventional defense capabilities through the application of emerging technology.”
Those are among the major reasons why more than a dozen countries (and climbing) have agreed to buy F-35s and nine countries — including Turkey — helped fund its early development.
The Pentagon — surprise, surprise — declined to comment on the president’s remarks, referring reporters to the White House. They did issue a standard statement saying DoD “remains fully committed to the F-35 program.”
NB — There have been reports that a Chinese company makes circuit boards for the F-35. Well, sort of. A trusted British company, Exception PCB, was acquired in 2013 by a Chinese company, Shenzhen Fastprint. The British Ministry of Defense said this when the reports surfaced: “Exception PCB produces bare circuit boards, and as a result, there are no risks associated with their product in the F-35 aircraft supply chain.”
https://breakingdefense.com/2020/05/trump-on-f-35-we-should-make-everything-in-us/

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
22 YEARS OF CRAP!!!!
Don't buy it !!!
Trump On F-35: ‘We Should Make Everything’ In US
"All because President [Barack] Obama and others — I’m not just blaming him — thought it was a wonderful thing,” President Trump said. “The problem is, if we have a problem with a country, you can’t make the jet. We get parts from all over the place. It’s so crazy."
WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump delivered a garbled and misleading critique of the F-35’s supply chain today, casting the flexible and redundant international supply chain among allies as a program weakness he planned to fix. The president offered his summary of the F-35 supply chain in an interview with Fox News primarily focused on the global supply chain and China’s role in it.
“I’m very disappointed in China,” the president said in an interview broadcast today on Fox Business Network.
“They should have never let this happen. So I make a great trade deal and now I say this doesn’t feel the same to me. The ink was barely dry and the plague came over. And it doesn’t feel the same to me,” Trump said.
Later in the interview, the president offered the F-35 as an example of “the stupidity that I’ve seen” in America’s management of international trade, pointing to what he characterized as bungling by his predecessors.
“As an example, we’re making a fighter jet. It’s a certain fighter jet, I won’t tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35,” Trump said
But what the president said is not accurate. The main body of the jet — the central fuselage — is made in the United States by Northrop Grumman. Turkey did make some until the Trump Administration expelled Turkey from the F-35 program when President Tayyip Erdogan thumbed his nose at NATO and bought the S-400, an advanced surface-to-air missile system, from Russia. The United States under Trump has already decided to refuse to buy Turkish-made parts for the F-35.
There is a shadow of truth to the president’s characterization in that the Government Accountability Office just found that the Joint Strike Fighter program is having trouble finding replacements for 15 key parts previously supplied by Turkey to the F-35 program. But Turkey was expelled from the program by the Trump administration so…
The larger truth is that the F-35 program was designed from the beginning to be a vast enterprise with major components and its 300,000 parts made around the world, at dispersed and redundant manufacturing plants. The plane is assembled in three countries, at Fort Worth, Texas, in Cameri, Italy and in Nagoya, Japan. The program’s goal from the start: to closely bind and benefit both the United States and its allies. I’ve covered the F-35 almost since its beginnings. Here’s the language from the Memorandum of Understanding between the US and its allies as they agreed to build and fund the F-35. It’s simple, direct and clear.
“Having a common interest in defense;
“Recognizing the benefits to be obtained from international cooperation regarding standardization, rationalization, and interoperability of military equipments;
“Desiring to improve their mutual conventional defense capabilities through the application of emerging technology.”
Those are among the major reasons why more than a dozen countries (and climbing) have agreed to buy F-35s and nine countries — including Turkey — helped fund its early development.
The Pentagon — surprise, surprise — declined to comment on the president’s remarks, referring reporters to the White House. They did issue a standard statement saying DoD “remains fully committed to the F-35 program.”
NB — There have been reports that a Chinese company makes circuit boards for the F-35. Well, sort of. A trusted British company, Exception PCB, was acquired in 2013 by a Chinese company, Shenzhen Fastprint. The British Ministry of Defense said this when the reports surfaced: “Exception PCB produces bare circuit boards, and as a result, there are no risks associated with their product in the F-35 aircraft supply chain.”
https://breakingdefense.com/2020/05/trump-on-f-35-we-should-make-everything-in-us/

POOR FOOLISH Nut Zone Doug!

He does not notice the passage in his own post that refers to "Having a common interest in self defense" and of course SOME

NATIONS are dropping out due to a LACK OF COMMON INTEREST!

That is why Turkey is OUT!

The Turkish president has turned into a DICTATOR with an entirely TOO FRIENDLY relationship with Dictator Putin!

And of course LIE-beral Canada has also become a LIABILITY thanks to Our idiot Boy Justin who has made known

his IDIOT LOVE AFFAIR with the Beijing Butchers!

In other news - there are too many NATO members who expect Yankees to DO ALL THE HEAVY LIFTING

as far as defense is concerned!

Trump is RIGHT about NATO SLACKERS!

And of course there is STILL much concern in many places over Huawei 5G SPYWARE!

But at least Australia has come around and become deeply suspicious of the Beijing Butchers!

And even Our idiot Boy has recognized the Cdn public mood which DOES NOT MATCH HIS OWN regarding how most Cdns

feel about Beijing Butchers and their "basic democracy" - complete with slave labour camps and vile repression!

Poor Nut Zone Doug - his Beijing Burcher masters have set him an IMPOSSIBLE TASK - by demanding that he make the

Beijing Butchers somehow LOOK BETTER simply by bad mouthing Trump!

How embarrassing that Trump WON his trade war against the Beijing Burtchers and that world opinion is NOW HEAVILY

AGAINST the Beijing Butchers so in the event of another trade war - Trump will WIN EVEN MORE EASILY!

Even in Canada people have noted that Chinese began eating MORE Fruit Bats - that were laced with Wuhan Virus

RIGHT AFTER Beijing got in a SNIT and banned shipments of Cdn Pork!

The connection between BAD Beijing POLITICS AND BAD FOOD and sick people suffering from Wuhan Virus

IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
OH, NO. !!!
They can't make them fast enough as the production line has been Trumped!!!
Lockheed slated to miss F-35 delivery target in 2020 as supply chain struggles to keep up.
Lockheed has also had challenges getting connectors for the jet on time — another problem that makes it difficult for the company to merge F-35 sub-assemblies into a finished aircraft, Ulmer said.
Once aircraft are completed and go through acceptance testing, the sequence of deliveries will remain the same, he said.
The slowdown of the F-35’s production rate comes days after President Donald Trump voiced support for moving more of the jet’s production to the United States. Currently, international partners who helped fund development of the F-35 can compete for work on the jet, reducing the cost of the aircraft and giving foreign buyers an industrial incentive to support the program.
“The problem is if we have a problem with a country, you can’t make the jet. We get parts from all over the place. It’s so crazy. We should make everything in the United States,” Trump said on Thursday.
However, the industrial challenges currently faced by Lockheed do not appear to be caused by the international supply base. Ulmer said European suppliers, who were hardest hit before the United States, are now rebounding from the pandemic.
“I really see Europe kind of [on the] leading edge of the recovery side of this,” he said.
more
https://www.defensenews.com/breakin...s 05.19.20&utm_term=Editorial - Breaking News
Whats hilarious is a Chines owned British company is producing the circuit boards for the aircraft.
That free enterprise at its finest!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In keeping with its air force roundel, a flightless bird, New Zealand has announced that the new front-line jet fighter of the NZFAF will be the Jeep Wrangler.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
In keeping with its air force roundel, a flightless bird, New Zealand has announced that the new front-line jet fighter of the NZFAF will be the Jeep Wrangler.
NZ doesn't not have offensive aircraft.
We were offered discount F-16s by America but the closest place for NZ to attack is our brothers in Australia, and the range would not get the aircraft back to NZ, plus they only produce pollution.
Singapore offered to build F-16 facilities with repair and overhaul, as they need training bases, as they are too populated, but that was vetoed as its a stepping stone to negative world action.
Military action is bad for the planet.
Peace, Love, Happiness.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
OH, NO. !!!
They can't make them fast enough as the production line has been Trumped!!!
Lockheed slated to miss F-35 delivery target in 2020 as supply chain struggles to keep up.
Lockheed has also had challenges getting connectors for the jet on time — another problem that makes it difficult for the company to merge F-35 sub-assemblies into a finished aircraft, Ulmer said.
Once aircraft are completed and go through acceptance testing, the sequence of deliveries will remain the same, he said.
The slowdown of the F-35’s production rate comes days after President Donald Trump voiced support for moving more of the jet’s production to the United States. Currently, international partners who helped fund development of the F-35 can compete for work on the jet, reducing the cost of the aircraft and giving foreign buyers an industrial incentive to support the program.
“The problem is if we have a problem with a country, you can’t make the jet. We get parts from all over the place. It’s so crazy. We should make everything in the United States,” Trump said on Thursday.
However, the industrial challenges currently faced by Lockheed do not appear to be caused by the international supply base. Ulmer said European suppliers, who were hardest hit before the United States, are now rebounding from the pandemic.
“I really see Europe kind of [on the] leading edge of the recovery side of this,” he said.
more
https://www.defensenews.com/breakin...s 05.19.20&utm_term=Editorial - Breaking News
Whats hilarious is a Chines owned British company is producing the circuit boards for the aircraft.
That free enterprise at its finest!!

No - that is LIE-beral economic logic at its most IDIOTIC!

That you do not wish to understand that is proof of YOUR diseased mental state!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
No, he's just not a mindlessly belligerent asshole.

Like you.

I take it as a compliment that a person of your sort is annoyed with me!

It means I have spoken truth to your lies!

By the way - when will you be sharing your wisdom with us regarding your much ballyhooed ideas

about changes YOU CLAIM are needed for cop training?

How is it that you GO SILENT AND DUMB when that subject comes up?

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
OH, NO !!!
Its only 150million U.S. bucks down the drain !!!
Its like having a suburb destroyed!
MAGA!!!
F-35 crashes at Eglin AFB, pilot successfully ejected and in stable condition. 2nd crash at base in four days...
On Friday, An F-22 Raptor from Eglin crashed on the base’s test and training range, but its pilot is safe and in stable condition.
The pilot of the F-22 safely ejected, and was taken to the 96th Medical Group hospital at the base for evaluation and observation, Eglin said in a release. The pilot is in stable condition, but was not identified by Eglin.
The $150 million jet was from the 43rd Fighter Squadron, part of the 325th Fighter Wing that is now based at Eglin. The range where it crashed is about 12 miles northeast of Eglin’s main base.
more
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/...5.20.20&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
OH, NO !!!
Its only 150million U.S. bucks down the drain !!!
Its like having a suburb destroyed!
MAGA!!!
F-35 crashes at Eglin AFB, pilot successfully ejected and in stable condition. 2nd crash at base in four days...
On Friday, An F-22 Raptor from Eglin crashed on the base’s test and training range, but its pilot is safe and in stable condition.
The pilot of the F-22 safely ejected, and was taken to the 96th Medical Group hospital at the base for evaluation and observation, Eglin said in a release. The pilot is in stable condition, but was not identified by Eglin.
The $150 million jet was from the 43rd Fighter Squadron, part of the 325th Fighter Wing that is now based at Eglin. The range where it crashed is about 12 miles northeast of Eglin’s main base.
more
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/...5.20.20&utm_term=Editorial - Early Bird Brief

POOR Nut Zone Doug!

He THINKS that the crash of a highly effective air weapon being used at MAXIMUM SPEED

during flight training designed to CLOSELY IMITATE ACTUAL COMBAT CONDITIONS

so the pilot can learn to PUSH THE PERFORMANCE ENVELOPE to the uttermost LIMIT

signals some sort of FAILURE!

The harder the training - the easier the COMBAT - so it is said by experienced military trainers!

Thus WHILE PUSHING THE PERFORMANCE LIMITS - accidents WILL HAPPEN!

Just like on a Formula One race track!

In related news - it appears that Nut Zone Doug does NOT want to mention the CNN report

on the LATEST TEST FIRING of a Yankee navy laser system that HAS JUST PROVEN that it can

TAKE DOWN BOTH DRONES AND AIRCRAFT IN FLIGHT!

Gosh Nut Zone Doug - there MIGHT BE A REASON those Yankees shrugged off your harrowing tales of DEADLY

CHINESE AND RUSSIAN EXPERIMENTAL WEAPONS!

You recall the kind of thing you USED TO TALK ABOUT

BEFORE that Russian hyper missile TOOK OUT a village full of unarmed and harmless Russian peasants!

I said at the time that the Russians and Chinese TALK about their deadly weapons that are more dangerous to their own people

than they are to YANKEES!

while the Yankees go on making THEIR DEADLY WEAPONS WORK!

Looks like I was right and you were lost deep in THE Nut Zone as usual Doug!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
This would look good with the CDN Roundel!
8:02 / 8:30
MAKS 2019 ✈️ Sergey Bogdan Steals the Show with the Su-57 - HD 50fps
This aircraft does yo-yo tricks.
Walk the dog, rock the cradle .......

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
NZ doesn't not have offensive aircraft.
We were offered discount F-16s by America but the closest place for NZ to attack is our brothers in Australia, and the range would not get the aircraft back to NZ, plus they only produce pollution.
Singapore offered to build F-16 facilities with repair and overhaul, as they need training bases, as they are too populated, but that was vetoed as its a stepping stone to negative world action.
Military action is bad for the planet.
Peace, Love, Happiness.

POOR FOOLISH Nut Zone Doug!

Take heed of what T-bonesforbrains commented!

That New Zealand DOES NOT NEED aircraft - TO BE OFFENSIVE!

Nut Zone Doug proves that adage DAILY!

In other news - Yankee author James Michener served with the U.S. navy in WW2 and was based in New Zealand during 1942!

And Malasia. Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines had fallen and invading Japanese troops had already DEMONSTRATED

their fondness for RAPE!

And as the Japanese gathered their forces for an invasion of Australia and New Zealand - the Aukland govt quietly gathered up

all the axe handles and pick handles they could find - to be handed out to local citizens to be used as CLUBS

in DESPERATE HOPE that citizens could fight back and prevent some of the MAYHEM AND MURDER and gross abuse of the local

population that would come after a successful Japanese invasion!

Not having a gun DOES NOT PREVENT YOU FROM BEING SHOT BY ONE!

Your Soviet Socialist Beijing Butcher pals have OVER PLAYED THEIR HAND!

The Beijing threat is CLEAR!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
For Camrad Spilbrewski.
A lesson in politeness with the worlds most useful aircraft.

Isnt that nice!

The Russians have built a JUMBO SIZED air pollution producer!

I would advise you to watch the documentary film "Darwins Nightmare"!

Which does a GREAT JOB of explaining how Russian cargo jets are DESPOILING AFRICA!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
OH, NO !!!!
Trumps a salesman, 90 F35s cancelled.
Nice going, Donnie!
…………………………….
Germany officially knocks F-35 out of competition to replace Tornado
COLOGNE, Germany ― Germany’s Ministry of Defence has officially ruled out the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter as a choice to replace its aging Tornado fleet, Defense News has learned.
An official from the ministry confirmed that the F-35 is not a finalist in the competition, which seeks a replacement for the 90-jet fleet. The news was first reported by German site AugenGeradeaus.
The move is not altogether surprising. Berlin for some time has officially favored an upgraded version of the fourth-generation Eurofighter Typhoon — built by a consortium of Airbus, Leonardo and BAE Systems — as the Tornado replacement. The main argument is to keep European companies involved in building combat aircraft and, perhaps even more importantly, staying clear of disturbing Franco-German momentum in armaments cooperation.
However, the decision leaves open the question of certification for nuclear weapons. The Typhoon is not certified to carry the American-made nuclear bombs that Germany, as part of its strategic posture, is supposed to be able to carry on its jets.
Competing against the Typhoon is Boeing’s F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
Before the German MoD confirmed that the F-35 was officially out of the running, Reuters on Thursday reported that the ministry was considering splitting the buy between the Typhoon and either the F-35 or Super Hornet.
Ordering both the Typhoon and an American aircraft would make it easier to continue carrying out the NATO nuclear mission, while also lending support to the European industrial base. However, it could complicate logistics, adding more expense and forcing the German Air Force to maintain two supply chains.
It’s worth noting that despite complaints about the cost of keeping the aging Tornados flying, keeping around a certain number of them has always been under consideration — a painful, but not impossible, proposition among some defense experts. That is especially the case for the nuclear mission.
“There does not have to be a nuclear Tornado replacement,” Karl-Heinz Kamp, president of the government think tank Federal Academy for Security Policy, told Defense News in August. He noted that any German government is acutely averse to the publicity surrounding Berlin’s would-be atomic bombers.
“That’s why they will keep flying the Tornados, despite the price tag and despite having asked about a Eurofighter nuclear certification in Washington,” Kamp predicted at the time.
more
https://www.defensenews.com/global/...s-f-35-out-of-competition-to-replace-tornado/

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
OH, NO !!!!
Trumps a salesman, 90 F35s cancelled.
Nice going, Donnie!
…………………………….
Germany officially knocks F-35 out of competition to replace Tornado
COLOGNE, Germany ― Germany’s Ministry of Defence has officially ruled out the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter as a choice to replace its aging Tornado fleet, Defense News has learned.
An official from the ministry confirmed that the F-35 is not a finalist in the competition, which seeks a replacement for the 90-jet fleet. The news was first reported by German site AugenGeradeaus.
The move is not altogether surprising. Berlin for some time has officially favored an upgraded version of the fourth-generation Eurofighter Typhoon — built by a consortium of Airbus, Leonardo and BAE Systems — as the Tornado replacement. The main argument is to keep European companies involved in building combat aircraft and, perhaps even more importantly, staying clear of disturbing Franco-German momentum in armaments cooperation.
However, the decision leaves open the question of certification for nuclear weapons. The Typhoon is not certified to carry the American-made nuclear bombs that Germany, as part of its strategic posture, is supposed to be able to carry on its jets.
Competing against the Typhoon is Boeing’s F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
Before the German MoD confirmed that the F-35 was officially out of the running, Reuters on Thursday reported that the ministry was considering splitting the buy between the Typhoon and either the F-35 or Super Hornet.
Ordering both the Typhoon and an American aircraft would make it easier to continue carrying out the NATO nuclear mission, while also lending support to the European industrial base. However, it could complicate logistics, adding more expense and forcing the German Air Force to maintain two supply chains.
It’s worth noting that despite complaints about the cost of keeping the aging Tornados flying, keeping around a certain number of them has always been under consideration — a painful, but not impossible, proposition among some defense experts. That is especially the case for the nuclear mission.
“There does not have to be a nuclear Tornado replacement,” Karl-Heinz Kamp, president of the government think tank Federal Academy for Security Policy, told Defense News in August. He noted that any German government is acutely averse to the publicity surrounding Berlin’s would-be atomic bombers.
“That’s why they will keep flying the Tornados, despite the price tag and despite having asked about a Eurofighter nuclear certification in Washington,” Kamp predicted at the time.
more
https://www.defensenews.com/global/...s-f-35-out-of-competition-to-replace-tornado/

POOR Nut Zone Doug!

He does not realize that IN A DEMOCRACY - the govt MUST CONSIDER the cost of any new weapons

that may be purchased! Thus the Tornado will be economically a MUCH BETTER CHOICE for German TAX PAYERS

than the Yankee F-35!

That Nut Zone Doug thinks the German ECONOMIC CHOICE is some sort of sneer against Trump

merely demonstrates HOW LITTLE Nut Zone Doug knows about economics!

Nut Zone Doug only understands the Beijing Butcher Method of weapon procurement!

In which citizens are ORDERED to produce what the govt wants!

On pain of DEATH! With NO ECONOMIC CONSIDERATIONS INVOLVED!