Why doesn't the world just stop using the US?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Re: Why doesn't the world just stop using the US dollar?

It doesn't matter whether you believe Mr. Tecumsehsbones, what matters now is that he is enjoying the Canadian way of life.

Immigrants is what built Canada, immigrants is what makes Canada prosper.
Not quite dumb ass. Maybe you should learn about Canada before assuming you KNOW about Canada. Those immigrants that built the country didn't arrive to free hand-outs like the f*cking mooches today. Today, at least 30% of the working age immigrants that come to Canada are utterly unemployable. They're illiterate and have no discernible work skills.

My grandfather came here because he had a skilled trade he thought he could do well with. Unfortunately for him, what he did for a living in Scotland didn't transfer well here because it was all automated. He made custom golf clubs. But, there wasn't really much of a market for that here at the time so he headed back home. Today, you get welfare and whatever other assistance the govt feels like throwing your way if you can't cut it here so you don't have to go back.
In fact, the stats of today clearly show that the majority of immigrants don't become net contributors to Canada until the 3rd or 4th generations.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

And this will greatly diminish their influence, right?

Economically, maybe somewhat. geopolitically...no.

It shouldn't be and the reason those terrible things happened in the Middle East was because the rest of the world, including Canada, did not back them up.

Wrong again...the reason bad things happen in the Middle East is mainly due to their exuberant preference for armed conflict within and between regions, complete disrespect for anything resembling human rights, and barbaric/archaic values. Violence in the middle east predates Western involvement by centuries.

The world shouldn't be investing anything into the US for as long as their foreign policy exists.
As I indicated, my comment was from an economic perspective, not geopolitical. I'll leave the nation-hating up to people like yourself. Fortunately you have the choice to invest in whatever you wish for whatever reason.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

It doesn't matter whether you believe Mr. Tecumsehsbones, what matters now is that he is enjoying the Canadian way of life.
Immigrants is what built Canada, immigrants is what makes Canada prosper.
Anybody whose family has been here less than ten thousand years is a wetback in my book, and Turtle Island was doing just fine before they showed up with their hideous, disgusting diseases.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

While I won't get into anti-US political motivations that you are clearly inferring, I will say from an world economic perspective, if it makes you feel any better I believe the day is coming soon where US dollar will cease being used as the world currency standard. The reason this hasn't happened yet is complicated, as is the middle eastern country's complicity in supporting the status quo.

You would have to go back to the creation of the petrodollar and the agreement that the US and Saudi Arabia entered into in the 70's, and the concerted effort through Barrack Obama's term to systematically destroy that agreement and arrogantly slap Saudi Arabia in the face. I won't get into it but I'm sure a bit of google searching will yield results. If you want to know why oil is so undervalued at the moment, look no further than Obama.

What will replace the American dollar? Hard to say. The IMF is currently selling SDR's at record rate causing some to speculate they will use their basket of currency as the new standard. Some say gold is king. Others are speculating that maybe China will role out a new cryptocurrency backed by gold, as they have been buying literally tons of gold in recent years...much of it under secrecy. One thing's for sure, no country can devalue their currency the way the US has in the last 15 years and expect it to maintain enough value to back the world reserve. I wouldn't be investing in federal bonds right now.
As long as America has the world’s dominate economy they will be the safe haven for the world’s liquid wealth . Trudeau is betting Canada on China obtaining that position soon .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Not all of them are immigrants and in fact most of them look like they were born in Canada. And regardless on whether they are immigrants or not is irrelevant, what matters is they use their knowledge for the prosperity of Canada.

And I do hope that my friend who was born and lived most of his teenage life in a poor country and now has moved to Canada to become an aerospace engineer has made it. His mother and father are both engineers and his siblings also want to work in the fields of science.

What about you Mr. Boomer? Have you achieved anything
Why is your friend and his family not using their intelligence and industry in their home country ? How long will that country remain poor if all the educated and talented leave for Canada ?

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

at least 30% of the working age immigrants that come to Canada are utterly unemployable. They're illiterate and have no discernible work skills.

That is why they came to Canada, to be literate and learn skills.

My grandfather came here because he had a skilled trade he thought he could do well with. Unfortunately for him, what he did for a living in Scotland didn't transfer well here because it was all automated. He made custom golf clubs. But, there wasn't really much of a market for that here at the time so he headed back home. Today, you get welfare and whatever other assistance the govt feels like throwing your way if you can't cut it here so you don't have to go back.

Scotland is a rich part of the UK, so the choice was easy for him to back but many of these immigrants who come to Canada do not have that easy choice. Their homelands are rife with corruption and poverty and the salary is so low, it can hardly feed one person and sometimes they are persecuted back home. Why would they go back when Canada offers them rights and opportunities that they can only dream about in their homeland?

Also Mr. Jinentonix, just a reminder that you are also an immigrant.

In fact, the stats of today clearly show that the majority of immigrants don't become net contributors to Canada until the 3rd or 4th generations.

And where are these stats?

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

Why is your friend and his family not using their intelligence and industry in their home country ?

Because their isn't an industry for his talents and the pay is just not as good in his homeland.

How long will that country remain poor if all the educated and talented leave for Canada ?

According to them... when the US stops interfering in their affairs.

Also Mr. pgs, Canada benefits from his talents.

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

Economically, maybe somewhat. geopolitically...no.

You need money to become relevant in geopolitical.

Wrong again...the reason bad things happen in the Middle East is mainly due to their exuberant preference for armed conflict within and between regions, complete disrespect for anything resembling human rights, and barbaric/archaic values. Violence in the middle east predates Western involvement by centuries.

Due to Western interference. Bare in mind that the Middle East use to be the bastion of civilization too. Arabs built hospitals, post offices, schools, universities.

As I indicated, my comment was from an economic perspective, not geopolitical.

Same thing -> no more money, no more problems.

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

200 years ago, yes..

200 years ago, Canada was suffering the same problems that these poor countries today are suffering from; poor countries where some of Canada's immigrants came from.

Also didn't you have that war with the US and won?

Now they come and try to change Canadian customs, leaching off taxpayers and destroy Canada

How? Please explain.

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

Anybody whose family has been here less than ten thousand years is a wetback in my book, and Turtle Island was doing just fine before they showed up with their hideous, disgusting diseases.

Then why aren't you fighting them then?

And I agree, they slaughtered millions of you to the point of genocide and they never answered for their crimes nor did they apologize, and here you are defending them?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Then why aren't you fighting them then?
Why aren't you?

If you think being an imbecile and an annoyance on the internet is "fighting," you're even stupider and more useless than you seem on the internet.

So, y'know, piss off, Joshy.

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

Why aren't you?

It's your problem! Why should I fight your battle for you?

You mentioned that these European imperialists stole your lands and killed millions of you through war and disease, so this is your fight, not mine.

If you think being an imbecile and an annoyance on the internet is "fighting," you're even stupider and more useless than you seem on the internet.

I'm not here to fight anyone, I just like asking questions.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

It's your problem! Why should I fight your battle for you?
You mentioned that these European imperialists stole your lands and killed millions of you through war and disease, so this is your fight, not mine.
I'm not here to fight anyone, I just like asking questions.
Give it up, Joshy.

You were at least mildly amusing when you were mouthfarting Trump-like proclamations about how you were going to lead the revolution.

HumbleMerchant

Time Out
May 19, 2020

Give it up, Joshy.

Perhaps you should heed your advice.

So all that "Europeans are evil because they killed us and took our land" was nothing then?

You were at least mildly amusing when you were mouthfarting Trump-like proclamations about how you were going to lead the revolution.

Apart from asking interesting questions, I also do amuse people. My dream is to work in Canada as a TV producer and director and I would be able to ask millions these questions, while amusing them of course.

I wonder if what I create would be powerful enough to make Canada turn on the US.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Perhaps you should heed your advice.
So all that "Europeans are evil because they killed us and took our land" was nothing then?
I didn't say that. You did.

Nice try though.
Apart from asking interesting questions, I also do amuse people. My dream is to work in Canada as a TV producer and director and I would be able to ask millions these questions, while amusing them of course.
I wonder if what I create would be powerful enough to make Canada turn on the US.
It's nice to have dreams that have no chance of ever coming true.