Interesting U.S Covid 19 statistics

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Morneau won't answer that question either in question period, won't even answer if our accumulated debt is over or under a Trillion at this point.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
And their Idiot in Chief plans on pretty much fully opening the country for industry! F**king Sad!

The lockdown isn't working, so why carry on with it?

To me, it's not rocket science.

And the lockdowns can't continue much longer. We need to get going back to normal for the sake of the economy.

It's even more bizarre that the UK lockdown is still going. The aim of the lockdown was merely to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed. Of course, that never happened. The huge Nightingale Hospital in London was built within a matter of days but, thankfully, was never used. So the NHS hadn't been overwhelmed. So end the lockdown.

Meanwhile, in Spain there are mass protests against their lockdown. Spain has been worse hit than Britain yet its government is relaxing the lockdown more than Britain is, yet Spaniards are still protesting against the lockdown.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Interesting article in today's True North about the Prime Moron's deficit spending. Seems the parliamentary Budget Office has no idea about how much idiot boy has spent in the last couple of months. Best they can do is an estimate of $252BILLION. But could be a few BILLION higher.

You have to cut him a little slack, a lot of that money is keeping many young families from crossing into a state of despair. The main thing now is to identify any fraud and abuse and lock up the perpetrators.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually, since the first U.S. Covid-19 death, about 507,000 people have died in the U.S. About 75,000 of those deaths are attributed to Covid-19.

But you added "seems" to your arrant bullshit, so it's all good.
You mean the media's arrant bullshit, as that who I was actually referring to and should have made clear. Same thing with the Obama years. If you didn't live in the US and knew very little about what went on in the country, one could have easily been led to believe that cops only shoot Black people.

And now, the MSM has gone so far down the rabbit hole they're even reporting the same person dying twice of Covid-19. Well, kind'a the same person. One small town publication reported on a Sheriff's Deputy dying of Covid-19. A couple of days later, the exact same photo was used to report the death by Covid-19 of a college professor in a totally different part of the country.

CNN even took a stock photo from the Texas/Louisiana flood of a couple of people "panic buying" at a grocery store and represented it as being current and a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. How do I know that? One of the people in that photo publicly called CNN on it.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Actually, since the first U.S. Covid-19 death, about 507,000 people have died in the U.S. About 75,000 of those deaths are attributed to Covid-19.

But you added "seems" to your arrant bullshit, so it's all good.

Poor T-bonesforbrains! he is OFF BASE as usual!

There is apparently a LARGE NUMBER of people who died of various things but DID NOT get a real autopsy!

In a hard pressed medical disaster - nobody fusses TOO MUCH over the death - in hospital of some elderly person

whose time was abut UP anyway!

Thus the REAL NUMBER who actually died of Wuhan Virus is NOT REALLY KNOWN!

For example - now that things are getting back to normal in France- they have discovered a patient who died

MONTHS BEFORE Wuhan Virus officially arrived in Europe and one must ask HOW MANY OTHERS died and were buried

WITHOUT being identified as a Wuhan patient!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Poor T-bonesforbrains! he is OFF BASE as usual!

There is apparently a LARGE NUMBER of people who died of various things but DID NOT get a real autopsy!

In a hard pressed medical disaster - nobody fusses TOO MUCH over the death - in hospital of some elderly person

whose time was abut UP anyway!

Thus the REAL NUMBER who actually died of Wuhan Virus is NOT REALLY KNOWN!

For example - now that things are getting back to normal in France- they have discovered a patient who died

MONTHS BEFORE Wuhan Virus officially arrived in Europe and one must ask HOW MANY OTHERS died and were buried

WITHOUT being identified as a Wuhan patient!

Once you are dead it probably doesn't matter how!

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
The lockdown isn't working, so why carry on with it?

To me, it's not rocket science.

And the lockdowns can't continue much longer. We need to get going back to normal for the sake of the economy.

It's even more bizarre that the UK lockdown is still going. The aim of the lockdown was merely to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed. Of course, that never happened. The huge Nightingale Hospital in London was built within a matter of days but, thankfully, was never used. So the NHS hadn't been overwhelmed. So end the lockdown.

Meanwhile, in Spain there are mass protests against their lockdown. Spain has been worse hit than Britain yet its government is relaxing the lockdown more than Britain is, yet Spaniards are still protesting against the lockdown.
lol imagine NYC didn't shut down how much worse it would be.. "didn't work" , you brain doesn't work.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You have to cut him a little slack, a lot of that money is keeping many young families from crossing into a state of despair. The main thing now is to identify any fraud and abuse and lock up the perpetrators.
It would be nice to know how much we borrowed, how much is going to where it is slated for, how much is eaten up in administration, how much is being given to foreign countries.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It would be nice to know how much we borrowed, how much is going to where it is slated for, how much is eaten up in administration, how much is being given to foreign countries.

The waste these days is staggering. Trudeau dropped the ball in not imposing a means test before throwing out money like a drunken sailor on a Saturday night in a brothel!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
The waste these days is staggering. Trudeau dropped the ball in not imposing a means test before throwing out money like a drunken sailor on a Saturday night in a brothel!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY! How to respond to your post that raises SO VERY MANY interesting and yet conflicting thoughts!

Firstly I offer a modest correction - thus far we have NOT endured staggering "waste"!

Though IT IS TRUE we HAVE ENDURED STAGGERING EXPENSE!

So your claim there was not wrong but not on the money either!

You and many others should read through the Pierre Berton book titled "The Great Depression"!

It is NOT an enjoyable read but it DOES ILLUSTRATE what sort of national suffering we would endure

if our govt was NOT doling out all that staggering gravy!

I am quite certain that SOME govt response to Wuhan Pestilence WAS NECESSARY!

Just as our govt GRUDGINGLY began doling out gravy during the Great Depression!

The cost and consequences of letting the economy COLLAPSE would be TERRIBLE!

Yet letting Our idiot Boy dole out too much cash for too long is ALSO TERRIBLE!

I feel obligated to point out that Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals were far more interested in promoting their virtue signalling

complete with IDIOT COMMENTS about the alleged RACIST ASPECT of forcing travellers into quarantine - than they were in

PROTECTING Canada from a HORRIBLE Wuhan PESTILENCE!

If Our idiot Boy had been LESS INTERESTED in sucking up to the Beijing Butchers and less interested in getting himself a seat on

the United Nations Security Council - he might have followed the Australian lead AND CLOSED THE BORDER MUCH SOONER!

And by closing the border as Australia did - idiot Boy would have saved BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND MANY LIVES!

Too bad LIE-beral virtue signaling is MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIVES!

And now Our idiot Boy is CAUGHT OUT! Cdns are increasingly ENRAGED at Red China duplicity and deceit!

And Cdns are increasingly enraged by a LIE-beral MINORITY that admires the "BASIC Chinese democracy - complete with

SLAVE LABOUR CAMPS and all manner of arrogance and insult and abuse of citizens!

We have only to look at the desperation of Hong Kong protestors to recognize that the Beijing Butchers are fully determined

to SNUFF OUT ANY sort of civil rights and KILL OFF even the minimal bit of democracy existing in Hong Kong!

As for Our idiot Boy - ALL LIE-beral policy is FAILING and the Idiot wanna-be Emperor of the North is fully exposed for the

NAKED NITWIT he is!

LIE-berals have LONG RELIED ON voting support from civil service union HOGS and from other SPECIAL union groups such as

CAW, UNIFOR and Air Canada! And now with the death of air travel - Air Canada is talking of laying off HALF of its work force!

And the union HOGS WANT GOVT GRAVY to support them!

BUT CAN Our idiot Boy make special efforts for HOGS - when so many others are suffering as well?

And what of the LIE-beral proclaimed climate emergency?

Air travel is now DEAD and the air has miraculously CLEARED!

Our air is returning to the almost PRISTINE STATE that LIE-berals wanted!

So what JUSTIFICATION DOES Our idiot Boy now have for BAILING OUT an industry THAT WAS INSTRUMENTAL

in creating that climate emergency in the first place?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So what JUSTIFICATION DOES Our idiot Boy now have for BAILING OUT an industry THAT WAS INSTRUMENTAL

First of there never was a climate emergency. And now the Prime Moron will need all the oil revenues he can get to even pay the interest on all the money he borrowed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

First of there never was a climate emergency. And now the Prime Moron will need all the oil revenues he can get to even pay the interest on all the money he borrowed.

Well, I know one thing for sure...…………..bailing out the airline industry will be a blunder of historic proportions. It's not the poor wage slaves who wants the airline industry back, although there are many who do and they are the ones who should be funding any recovery. I don't give a rat's ass if I never see the inside another plane. F**king things aren't safe anyway! If they are that important Bill Gates and Warren Buffet will fund them, I'm sure!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, I know one thing for sure...…………..bailing out the airline industry will be a blunder of historic proportions. It's not the poor wage slaves who wants the airline industry back, although there are many who do and they are the ones who should be funding any recovery. I don't give a rat's ass if I never see the inside another plane. F**king things aren't safe anyway! If they are that important Bill Gates and Warren Buffet will fund them, I'm sure!
You do realize that every country in the world subsidizes its airline industry, and most of them subsidize the national carrier, right?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You do realize that every country in the world subsidizes its airline industry, and most of them subsidize the national carrier, right?

Do you think given the current financial situation (people are losing their homes and vehicles) Canada and the U.S. can afford to continue subsidizing the airlines for the short - medium term?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Look it up in the dictionary! Most normal people know roughly what a lot means.
Words and phrases like "a lot" or "soon" are quantitatively null because there's no set parameter(s).

For example; Some people see a million dollars as "a lot" of money. While there's other people who don't think it is.

I have "a lot" of apples. Define "a lot" in that sentence. You can't because what I call "a lot" and what you call "a lot" could be very different, unless you somehow already knew, even roughly, how many apples I have.

Morneau spent over 7 minutes during the last Question Period absolutely refusing to answer the most basic, simple questions about the country's finances, including what the govt is spending on all of this. You'd think the Finance Minister should be able to answer very simple, basic questions about the very f*cking thing he's in charge of.