At last, some adults have entered the room

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
I see lots of posters heaping scorn on politicians , usually on opposing side of the voting spectrum . I don’t notice much criticism of our self quarantined PM although his message has been consistent with other leaders .
For me I think the Feds and the Ford government have done a decent job of action and communication. Trudeau running in to get his coat was pretty funny. Poor little fella.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
For me I think the Feds and the Ford government have done a decent job of action and communication. Trudeau running in to get his coat was pretty funny. Poor little fella.

Locally, if our Premier hadn't just a couple weeks before this became the issue it is threatened to shut down six ER's after midnight and make acute care beds into ALC only beds, I might be more inclined to say Higgs has handled things decently well.

So far about Trudeau, while I get why he hasn't enacted a national state of emergency, I also think that maybe it's time he did.

I think the 82 Billion Emergency Response package was smart though I worry despite the assurance it won't affect us that badly, that it will.

Overall at least our leadership has taken things seriously, unlike other countries, even if it still may not be serious enough.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm not fear mongering.
I haven't freaked out and hoarded stupid stuff like toilet paper or anything else.
I don't spread misinformation.
Nor am I hysterical and screaming the sky is falling.
What I AM doing is being aware that this virus is not just deadly, but dangerous

The flu is deadly and kills thousands of people in Canada every year. Do you get all hysterical and panicky about that?

and we DON'T know enough about it to do more than what's being suggested by people who obviously know more than the doctors BoJo has advising him

People who know MORE than doctors? Hmmmmm.
What I AM furious at is people like you who DON'T follow the advice of the real doctors

As opposed to what? Fake doctors?

I don't apologize for being upset at people like you because it's people like you, not taking this seriously, that could infect and kill my mother. My brother. My aunt. Friends.

Flu could kill all those people, yet I bet you barely even give that a passing thought.

and the fact you think "herd immunization" is the proper way is just... insane. Even your own GOVERNMENT has walked that back as the option and has given powers to the medical professionals and police to tell people to go home.

No. The fact of the matter is that herding may be the only way to develop a vaccine and would probably kill less people in the long run than telling people not to go out anywhere.

And the government isn't telling people to go home. I'm sat outside in the lovely warm sunshine on Victoria Square in front of the town hall with lots of people around.

The fact of the matter is that the government CAN'T order people to stay at home. It's not good for people's health and mental wellbeing and millions will rebel.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Locally, if our Premier hadn't just a couple weeks before this became the issue it is threatened to shut down six ER's after midnight and make acute care beds into ALC only beds, I might be more inclined to say Higgs has handled things decently well.

So far about Trudeau, while I get why he hasn't enacted a national state of emergency, I also think that maybe it's time he did.

I think the 82 Billion Emergency Response package was smart though I worry despite the assurance it won't affect us that badly, that it will.

Overall at least our leadership has taken things seriously, unlike other countries, even if it still may not be serious enough.
Overall our leadership has acted consistently with other world leaders . However Trump’s America shut down air traffic with China shortly after the severity of the virus was known . Funny Canada still allows air traffic from China . Don’t worry though , those flights don’t land in New Brunswick .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The flu is deadly and kills thousands of people in Canada every year. Do you get all hysterical and panicky about that?

Yes it is, but not as deadly as Covid19 and not as dangerous.

People who know MORE than doctors? Hmmmmm.

As opposed to what? Fake doctors?

If you're going to cherry pick what to discuss, then don't bother discussing. I said people who know more than the doctors who are advising BoJo - so I guess to clarify (since that's the confusion) the Epidemiologists, the Immunologists and other scientists who are studying this virus.

Flu could kill all those people, yet I bet you barely even give that a passing thought.

Actually not true. I do give it passing thoughts - hence why I get the flu shot. But that's the difference, again, between Covid19 and the flu; the flu has vaccines for it, Covid does not and won't for roughly another year.

No. The fact of the matter is that herding may be the only way to develop a vaccine and would probably kill less people in the long run than telling people not to go out anywhere.

Telling people not to go anywhere is more than just the vaccine, you thickskulled nitwit. It's to make sure that the medical system isn't overwhelmed with cases requiring hospitalization.

As for herding developing a vaccine, no it won't and again you don't get how vaccine's are made, obviously.

And the government isn't telling people to go home. I'm sat outside in the lovely warm sunshine on Victoria Square in front of the town hall with lots of people around.

You're right, that's what the police are doing, from what I read yesterday. But sadly, enough idiots still think this is all blown out of proportion or something and don't give a shyte about others but themselves. Like the kids in Florida on their break, or the idiots on beaches in Nova Scotia...

The fact of the matter is that the government CAN'T order people to stay at home. It's not good for people's health and mental wellbeing and millions will rebel.

It can and it should. Example, Italy; but then the people of Italy are understanding now what it means to be ground zero of a horrible situation. Britain hasn't hit that ground... yet.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Here Blackie. Read this; THIS is why governments should take this more seriously.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/medi...F5sYdNW2aako6mf7DuXl6ITBEmj0fdZaLjbmy3iZG7MTU

And before you go off on where the story comes from, here's a personal account.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218176292732695&set=a.1313909561727&type=3&theater

There are so many more stories out there from people going through this.

Get educated. LEARN the reasons why things are being done, instead of just thinking it's all out of proportion. I'm not hysterical, but reading things like this is damn well scary and concerning.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here Blackie. Read this; THIS is why governments should take this more seriously.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/medi...F5sYdNW2aako6mf7DuXl6ITBEmj0fdZaLjbmy3iZG7MTU
And before you go off on where the story comes from, here's a personal account.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218176292732695&set=a.1313909561727&type=3&theater
There are so many more stories out there from people going through this.
Get educated. LEARN the reasons why things are being done, instead of just thinking it's all out of proportion. I'm not hysterical, but reading things like this is damn well scary and concerning.

Codswallop.

We don't go through all this ludicrous rigmarole because of the flu, and yet a lot more people have died from that since 1st January than from coronavirus.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As for lockdown, it's telling that many of the same simpletons who not long ago called Johnson a fascist (for reasons known only to themselves) ended up being many of the same people who criticised our libertarian, anti-big state PM who hates government interference in people's lives for refusing to partake in fascistic behaviour by not wanting to prevent people stepping foot out of their homes and go about their lives as normal with freedom.