Quit Picking on the Republicans

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
Yeah because being unemployed and on food stamps is a career choice..

Maybe for some, living in the back woods of BC.
lol Don't get me wrong, I agree that having something to do is better than not, but as I said, they're still not doing any better to improve their lives.

We're probably a lot healthier than you city peeps. Better water, better food, better air, more activity, etc.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
lol Don't get me wrong, I agree that having something to do is better than not, but as I said, they're still not doing any better to improve their lives.
We're probably a lot healthier than you city peeps. Better water, better food, better air, more activity, etc.

You just made my case.

Trump made huge changes to welfare and prison.

https://thefga.org/commentary/president-trump-delivers-historic-welfare-reform/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/05/trump-prison-reform-first-step-act-tension

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
baaaahahahaha Huge changes to welfare.
"In his 2018 State of the Union address, President Trump promised to move more Americans from welfare to work, from dependence to independence, and from poverty to prosperity. This year, on December 4, he delivered on that promise, finalizing one of the biggest welfare reforms in a generation.
Nope. They may be working now but they sure as hell aren't independent or prosperous
And "prison reform? I guess that is what he considers letting felons out on pardons. lol

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"In his 2018 State of the Union address, President Trump promised to move more Americans from welfare to work, from dependence to independence, and from poverty to prosperity. This year, on December 4, he delivered on that promise, finalizing one of the biggest welfare reforms in a generation.
Nope. They may be working now but they sure as hell aren't independent or prosperous
And "prison reform? I guess that is what he considers letting felons out on pardons. lol

Have you thought to check the length of prison sentences in the U.S. compared to those in Canada for similar crimes? "Warehousing" should only be reserved for the most dangerous incorrigible criminals. I knew of a case of a Canadian doing many years in the U.S. for smuggling a little pot. At least Trump seems to have gotten the picture and is starting to deal with it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wow disparaging people having employment . Well it isn’t really good employment . Yikes , you have a farm , two pensions and a husband that works under the table . It really doesn’t pay enough .

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
Have you thought to check the length of prison sentences in the U.S. compared to those in Canada for similar crimes? "Warehousing" should only be reserved for the most dangerous incorrigible criminals. I knew of a case of a Canadian doing many years in the U.S. for smuggling a little pot. At least Trump seems to have gotten the picture and is starting to deal with it.
Yeah, he swhould just excuse any white collar criminals and conmen.

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
Wow disparaging people having employment . Well it isn’t really good employment .
A lot of it isn't, I agree.
Yikes , you have a farm , two pensions and a husband that works under the table . It really doesn’t pay enough .
It pays more than enough. So we give away 10-12% of our total net per year.
BTW, hubby isn't "working under the table". He has his own repair business and pays taxes.
Keep guessing about stuff you haven't a clue about.