Welcome to NHL Hockey!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's a dog fight in the West. With most teams completing 3/4 of the season, here are the standings:

1. St.Louis 78
2. Dallas 76
3. Colorado 75
4. Edmonton 71
5. Vancouver 70
6. Las Vegas 70
7. Winnipeg 69
8. Calgary 68
--------------
9. Arizona 68
10. Nashville 65
11. Minnesota 63
12. Chicago 60
13. San Jose 56
14. Anaheim 55
15. Los Angeles 47

L.A. must be damned close to elimination!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
First live sports event in months and my Penguins are playing :smile: ..........the Canadians. My favorite hockey player against my favorite goalie................looking forward to a good game. Kind of weird without the fans but it is the hockey that counts. Of course, the NHL became woke what with all the time they had on their hands during the pandemic and we were treated to a half hour of BLM.

Go Penguins!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First live sports event in months and my Penguins are playing :smile: ..........the Canadians. My favorite hockey player against my favorite goalie................looking forward to a good game. Kind of weird without the fans but it is the hockey that counts. Of course, the NHL became woke what with all the time they had on their hands during the pandemic and we were treated to a half hour of BLM.

Go Penguins!

The Habs will win of course. :)

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Nope. Not gonna watch the Covid Cup. They should have just scrapped the season because this is going to f*ck up the next season. Instead, they're going to be playing "playoff" hockey when the '20-'21 preseason should be starting.
On top of all that, they've had more time off since the lock down than they normally get between seasons. You can only do so much to stay in game shape and stay game sharp without actually playing competitively.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Nope. Not gonna watch the Covid Cup. They should have just scrapped the season because this is going to f*ck up the next season. Instead, they're going to be playing "playoff" hockey when the '20-'21 preseason should be starting.
On top of all that, they've had more time off since the lock down than they normally get between seasons. You can only do so much to stay in game shape and stay game sharp without actually playing competitively.

Probably wise to watch what you can while you can. There's no guarantee of a return to hockey, ever, as we knew it!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Our Canadian teams are rockin' these play-offs so far. Three of them are through to the next round. The Habs, Flames and Canucks. WTG guys! And wonder of wonders, the Leafs are still in the game after coming back to win in OT last night.

Watching the Flyers play TB right now. Mainly because I am a fan of the Philies goalie - 21 year old Canadian Carter Hart who helped Canada win Gold at the last IIHF World Juniors. If Philly wins this series they will play the Habs - should be a great game considering the talent of the goalies.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well the Flames cheated to win, so they should maybe last 5 games until they are knocked out. The Canucks played a weak Minnesota team, and will be knocked out quickly. The Habs have zero chance of beating the Flyers. It will be another year of watching an America team hoist the Stanley Cup.

Technically, the playoffs have not begun yet.

Go Canucks go!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hope the Flames lose in 4 to the Stars. That team is dirty as hell.

Oddly I've always had that feeling about the Flames, yet when out of fairness I try to justify it I can't. Chicago is probably a dirtier team. In recent years my feelings don't count for much as I haven't paid attention to them like I used to when my hockey fanatical son was still at home.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You did not see Matt Tkachuk raise his skate and deliberately take out Mark Scheifele, our star player. It knocked our best player out of the series in the first 10 minutes. Calgary follows it up with a cheap slash to Laine's arm, and it fractures his arm. No penalty, our top 2 players down.

Then in Game 2 a Calgary player dives in front of Adam Lowry, trying to crash him into the boards. The Jets came back and won Game 2 somehow, but with our two best players out, we ended up losing the series.

I hate Calgary, and I hope they lose every game.

While I have been following the progress from time to time, I haven't watched any games this season. I'll certainly take your word about Calgary. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canucks just took care of the Blues in good order 6/2. If things work out properly it will be a Canucks vs Bruins final round with Canucks smearing the Bruins in 4 games. :)