My Corona

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

At least the Commies aren't blowing holes in the backs of skulls this time....

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LEVY: Scarborough politician spends tax funds on Chinese meal
Sue-Ann Levy
Published:
January 30, 2020
Updated:
January 30, 2020 9:04 PM EST
Toronto mayor John Tory, along with city councillors Jim Karygiannis, Cynthia Lai, Michael Thompson and Michael Colle attended a 'solidarity dinner' at Royale Fine Dining & Banquet in Scarborough with members of the local Chinese business community on ThursdayJack Boland / Toronto Sun
Barely two months after he was tossed out of office over questionable election party expense filings — and was subsequently returned to his job by an Ontario court judge — Cllr. Jim Karygiannis hosted a taxpayer-funded Chinese dinner Thursday night to break what he called a “new cycle of hate and racism.”
The dinner for 100 was held at Scarborough’s Royal Fine Dining Banquet, which is promoted online as a “highly decorated Chinese restaurant with an upscale menu of unusual dishes.”
Karygiannis said the 100 invited are community stakeholders, some of whom have been “targeted” over rumours about the spread of the Coronavirus by some media outlets and through word of mouth.
Several have experienced a drop in business, he added.
“Stigmatization, intolerance and outright bigotry have no place in Canadian society,” he said, on the very same afternoon the W.H.O. declared a global health emergency over the virus.
“The risk of contracting the illness in Ontario is still low.”
FUREY: School board labels coronavirus concerns 'racism' and 'hate'
WARMINGTON: Mayor wrongly chastises residents over reaction to coronavirus
No new cases but more people under coronavirus investigation
The entire council was invited and Mayor John Tory and newbie Cllr. Cynthia Lai were invited to speak.
Karygiannis said the dinner — which he has approval from the Clerk’s office to pay for out of his $50,000 office budget — will cost between $20 and $30 per person.
He said the menu will include noodle, rice, vegetable, pork and beef dishes.
Tory’s spokesman Lawvin Hadisi said the mayor decided to attend to support the councillor and the Chinese community.
“His job as Mayor is to stand up for and support all residents who call Toronto home,” she said.
Hadisi said Tory will be paying for his dinner — plus that of any other councillors who attend — out of his own pocket.
Lai, when reached Thursday before the dinner, said she was just one of the guests invited and didn’t know who was paying for the dinner.
She said she planned to go because she felt she “should be there.”
SLevy@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/scarborough-politician-spends-tax-funds-on-chinese-meal

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My thoughts exactly. I ordered a new 10gr an hour ozone generator.
We've got the uvOnair 5000 Ozone Blaster but you can't be where it's being used. It's awesome for getting the Stank of years of cigarette smoke out of a vehicle that's parked for the weekend, or de-stinking an empty rental suite, etc....but if you plug it in and go to bed where you sleep....you might not wake up again.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

This thing in a day will pull the smell of old oil & transmission fluid out of a garage, and if you get mice in your garage it makes them very unhappy. We plugged it and left it in someones truck that had mice in it (& that mouse pee stank) for a weekend and not only was the smell completely gone, but the mice left also.

I can use it in a room (closed door with a towel sealing the base of the door) at home, then I can go in after part of a day (without breathing) and open a window and then get out of the room and seal it up until it vents. Same thing with an empty rental suite....BUT at home we have two dogs and two cats and many house plants...and they can't be where this thing is running....so I can't use it directly in the main portion of our home.

I was warned when we bought this that you can't just plug it in and forget about it, as what it does is that this Shocker in creating Ozone (O3) in massive quantities in a confined area, the O3 being unstable breaks down quickly back to O2 & the free Oxygen molecule that's left is unstable so that it'll combine with whatever is available (usually biological stuff initially which is where the smells come from) to create stable molecules. After all the biological molecules have been used it'll need to try to attach the free Oxygen molecules (that don't initially reform as O2) to something. That something could eventually become the paint on the walls, or the drywall, or the insulation on the wiring inside the walls, etc...so DON'T plug it in somewhere and forget about it for a couple of weeks 'cuz Lord only knows what the results would be. With that in mind it works the way we use it like some kind of voodoo magic in killing unwanted aromas and keeping our garage pest free.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
With the 10gr an hour unit it takes a couple seconds to wipe out the smell of a big fatty.

I had a bubbler unit before for treating water. Ozonated laundry water is amazing.

Yes indeed they will accelerate oxidization.

I had a pound of butter roll out of grocery bag in the back seat of the truck. When I got back from holidays it reeked like puke. Ozone killed 90% of it. Still a whiff now and again on a hot day but gone for the most part.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Armed criminals in Hong Kong stole 600 rolls of toilet paper at knifepoint as fears grow over shortages linked to the coronavirus.

The South China Morning Post reported that criminals stole 50 packs of the paper worth around $130 from a delivery truck near a shop.

Government reassurances that supplies of staple products are stable hasn’t stopped Hong Kongers engaging in “frenzied” panic buying

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Protesters attack bus of China evacuees in Ukraine

Dozens of protesters in a Ukrainian town have attacked buses carrying evacuees from coronavirus-hit China.
The evacuees were being brought to the hospital in Novi Sanzhary, in the central Poltava region, where they will be held in quarantine for 14 days.
Many residents fear the virus could spread through the town, which has a population of about 10,000.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky urged people to show solidarity, and to remember that "we are all human".
Earlier on Thursday, 45 Ukrainians and 27 foreign nationals were flown from Wuhan in China, the epicentre of the deadly outbreak, to Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine.
Six buses then drove them to the hospital in Novi Sanzhary, where they were met by demonstrators lighting bonfires and hurling stones.

The country's health ministry said none of the passengers were sick.
Ukraine's diplomatic mission added that three Ukrainians and a resident of Kazakhstan had been left behind in China, because they had reported having a fever.
Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk, Health Minister Zoriana Skaletska and Interior Minister Arsen Avakov all travelled to the city to try and calm tensions.
In footage published by local media, Mr Avakov was seen telling the protesters: "We are not talking about infected people, we are talking about healthy people."
One person then replied: "So far."

In a statement, President Zelensky urged Ukrainians to show compassion and refrain from protesting.
"Most of the passengers are people under 30. They are almost like children to many of us," he said.
"But there is another danger that I would like to mention. The danger of forgetting that we are all human and we are all Ukrainians. Each of us - including those who ended up in Wuhan during the epidemic."
More than 76,000 cases of the disease named Covid-19 have been reported, and 2,247 related deaths.
The vast majority of the cases and deaths have been in China.