Trump USA : 2020

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not talking about when you or any of us were kids, that's irrelevant to the conversation. Talking about today. In today's world such as it is, a phone/comp are necessities.
Who they really aren’t that poor , if they have the necessities .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Did you read the first linked article? I'm gonna go ahead and guess no. It states as such:

"The resolution just says no war with Iran, unless you come and make that case to Congress. And if you make the case to Congress, in front of the American people, and we all have the discussion, ask the tough questions and conclude, sadly, it's in the national interest, that's one thing," Kaine told NPR. "But if we're not even willing to have that discussion, we shouldn't be forcing people to risk their lives."

Meaning in the event of war.
So , there is no war with Iran . Simple virtue signalling .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
His conduct post impeachment.....was totally predictable. It was sTUPID of some of the reps to think he would learn a lesson. No way......not his personality type. He has never learned the appropriate lessons from negative experiences. To him they are a personal affront........that require retaliation. That is his psychopathy.

He is on a path of revenge filled wrath.......and it can go anywhere. He now believes he can do as he wishes and no one can stop him........and should not criticize him. He is dangerous..........as he is quite prepared to keep pushing the legal, ethical and political boundaries as far as he can .........and he has no concern about any consequences,

he ineffective cult of Trump reps literally unleashed even more bad behavior from Trump. Vendetta Mafia style.

Interesting to note.....Putin is trying to get himself to stay in power indefinitely .............. That is what Trump would love........and he would only get worse.He would aim for absolute power.
The red hats are coming ,the red hats are coming .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I technically have a cell phone, but it's wireless use only with free 911 calls if needed. I have a land line phone for all other things.

I have a computer, going on ten years old roughly, and the internet connection is high speed which is the 'lowest' available connection you can get for a computer.

I have no TV.

I have a second hand car.

I have a house - because a house is only somewhat cheaper than rent in this town.

Despite a decent - for now - job, I wouldn't consider myself middle class, rather high end working poor.
Good , and you have the necessities . You do after all live in New Brunswick , no offence , but that isn’t the hotbed of economic activity .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And Trump will veto as the two thirds needed to override veto wasn't (obviously) met. But I believe he will still be required to present a case for war before Congress.

Of course he will have to present a case for "war" before Congress if he feels we should go to "war" against Iran. That is not something new and unique as Congress is the only body of the US Govt that can declare war against another country. After Pearl Harbor, FDR went before Congress and asked for a war against Japan and Congress declared war.

However, Trump will not have to go before Congress to take military action against Iran. Which is no different than any other President's military actions against other countries.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Nope, not saying that at all. Saying that Trumps economy not the bed of roses he touts it to be.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/11/trump-economy-poor-americans-vulnerability
In America today, 140 million people are poor or low wealth. While three individuals own as much wealth as all of them put together, the real cost of living has soared as wages have stagnated. Since the 1970s, the number of people who are paying more than a third of their monthly income in rent has doubled, and there is not a single county in the nation where a person working full-time at minimum wage can afford to rent a two-bedroom apartment. Sixty per cent of African Americans are poor or low-income, as are 64% of Hispanics, but the largest single racial group among America’s poor and low-income – 66 million Americans – are white.
Racist shit.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
AG Barr opens inquiry into FBI interview that led to Michael Flynn charges

Attorney General William Barr has asked the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri to look into how the FBI conducted the interview with Michael Flynn that led to charges that he lied about his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the United States while he was serving as President Donald Trump��s national security adviser, according to two people familiar with the inquiry.

Flynn pleaded guilty to giving false statements to the FBI during that interview, but recently asked to withdraw that plea, further delaying his sentencing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-flynn-s-guilty-n1136481?cid=eml_nbn_20200214

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Of course he will have to present a case for "war" before Congress if he feels we should go to "war" against Iran. That is not something new and unique as Congress is the only body of the US Govt that can declare war against another country. After Pearl Harbor, FDR went before Congress and asked for a war against Japan and Congress declared war.
However, Trump will not have to go before Congress to take military action against Iran. Which is no different than any other President's military actions against other countries.

Yes, I am fully aware of all you mentioned in your reply.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
The story confirms EXACTLY what Trump said!

The article states:

“For too long, countless American children have been trapped in failing government schools,” Trump said.

“To rescue these students,” he said, 18 states had created scholarship programs — ”so popular that tens of thousands of students remain on a waiting list."

“One of those students is Janiyah Davis, a fourth grader from Philadelphia,” Trump said. “Janiyah’s mom, Stephanie, is a single parent. She would do anything to give her daughter a better future.”

Which is untrue. She was not in a failing Government school, she was in a sought after charter school. Even her mother was confused as to why they were invited to the SOTU.