Trump USA : 2020

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tell me is your cell phone (or land line) something you consider to be a luxury? Or is it a necessity that would see you forego other needed expenditures in your life. Considering the many important roles a phone plays in today's society, like oh I don't know, seeking employment, needed connectivity with family or emergency services, communication with employers and service providers I don't look at a cell phone as a luxury at all. And since most phones today are basically a computer, it could cancel out the need for one.

Driving a car? Okay I can see your point on that one, somewhat. For some families a car too is more necessity than it is luxury and will sacrifice other necessities to maintain one. Again for reasons like accessibility to and from work, looking for work, caring for sick family members etc. Or if necessary, to live in.

Color TV's? Are we talking state of the art latest technology largest TV's on the shelf or one that can be picked up at the corner thrift store for mere dollars in comparison?

You seem to want poor people to be standing on a street corner holding out a tin can with absolutely nothing in their possession. You have a cell phone? You're not poor! You have a TV? You're not poor! You have a car? You're not poor! It's not that simple.
Considering that when I was a child there was no such thing as a color tv , computer or cell phone , yes those all are luxuries . Would my business life been more productive with the latest technology, undoubtedly, is it better ? Up for debate . I used to leave work and go home . Now I am in constant contact , I rise in the morning and go to work on my email . While finishing coffee Imake some important calls . Yup it is all necessary, did I mention dictation on the commute in .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tell me is your cell phone (or land line) something you consider to be a luxury? Or is it a necessity that would see you forego other needed expenditures in your life. Considering the many important roles a phone plays in today's society, like oh I don't know, seeking employment, needed connectivity with family or emergency services, communication with employers and service providers I don't look at a cell phone as a luxury at all. And since most phones today are basically a computer, it could cancel out the need for one.

Driving a car? Okay I can see your point on that one, somewhat. For some families a car too is more necessity than it is luxury and will sacrifice other necessities to maintain one. Again for reasons like accessibility to and from work, looking for work, caring for sick family members etc. Or if necessary, to live in.

Color TV's? Are we talking state of the art latest technology largest TV's on the shelf or one that can be picked up at the corner thrift store for mere dollars in comparison?

You seem to want poor people to be standing on a street corner holding out a tin can with absolutely nothing in their possession. You have a cell phone? You're not poor! You have a TV? You're not poor! You have a car? You're not poor! It's not that simple.
Where would you rather be poor , India or Canada ? Enough said .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Senate approves legislation to limit Trumps war powers over Iran with eight Republicans joining the Democrats.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/13/8055...n-to-limit-presidents-war-powers-against-iran

The eight Republican Senators who (after rediscovering their balls and lady balls) voted to curb Trump's Iran war powers;

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/482990-the-8-republicans-who-voted-to-curb-trumps-iran-war-powers
Good , what wars , is Trump trying to start ? An exercise in virtue signally .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And Trump will veto as the two thirds needed to override veto wasn't (obviously) met. But I believe he will still be required to present a case for war before Congress.
Which war are you talking about ? Has Trump shown any indication he wants war ? Or are you projecting ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Remember the heartwarming story of little Janiyah Davis, the African American 4th grader who attended Trump's SOTU address and who he boasted about although his boasts weren't entirely true?

https://www.inquirer.com/news/donal...phia-janiyah-davis-mast-charter-20200208.html

Well, yet another heartwarming story that Trump took credit for in his SOTU address about attendee Tony Rankins turns out to be not so true either.

https://apnews.com/2722fe07cc220914...AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Some will blindly believe ANYTHING this man says.
Terrible .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Attorney General William P. Barr says Trump's tweets make it 'impossible for me to do my job'

Barr's comments, made in an interview with ABC News, come as the attorney general faces growing scrutiny related to questions about the Justice Department's independence. Four prosecutors handling Roger Stone��s criminal case withdrew from the proceedings this week amid an internal dispute over what prison sentence they should propose for President Trump's longtime confidant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e=alert&wpisrc=al_news__alert-national&wpmk=1
Outrageous.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Considering that when I was a child there was no such thing as a color tv , computer or cell phone , yes those all are luxuries . Would my business life been more productive with the latest technology, undoubtedly, is it better ? Up for debate . I used to leave work and go home . Now I am in constant contact , I rise in the morning and go to work on my email . While finishing coffee Imake some important calls . Yup it is all necessary, did I mention dictation on the commute in .

Not talking about when you or any of us were kids, that's irrelevant to the conversation. Talking about today. In today's world such as it is, a phone/comp are necessities.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Good , what wars , is Trump trying to start ? An exercise in virtue signally .

Did you read the first linked article? I'm gonna go ahead and guess no. It states as such:

"The resolution just says no war with Iran, unless you come and make that case to Congress. And if you make the case to Congress, in front of the American people, and we all have the discussion, ask the tough questions and conclude, sadly, it's in the national interest, that's one thing," Kaine told NPR. "But if we're not even willing to have that discussion, we shouldn't be forcing people to risk their lives."

Meaning in the event of war.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Will Republicans stand up to Trump? It's going to take more than Susan Collins calling the WH to voice her disapproval.

The Washington Post published two sentences this morning that members of Congress should read carefully: "President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies. And Trump -- simmering with rage, fixated on exacting revenge against those he feels betrayed him and insulated by a compliant Republican Party -- is increasingly comfortable doing so to the point of feeling untouchable, according to the president's advisers and allies."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...edges-trump-s-latest-abuse-won-t-act-n1136306

Psst hey Lindsey, that sensation you're feeling between your legs? Don't be afraid, it's just your balls dropping back down.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
The sad thing is that it matters little........Trump has no credibility. He is always blowing smoke. He changes his position according to which way the political winds are blowing.

He's not accountable to anyone, so he is free to do as he wishes. Lie one day, deny it the next, then come clean. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Will Republicans stand up to Trump? It's going to take more than Susan Collins calling the WH to voice her disapproval.

The Washington Post published two sentences this morning that members of Congress should read carefully: "President Trump is testing the rule of law one week after his acquittal in his Senate impeachment trial, seeking to bend the executive branch into an instrument for his personal and political vendetta against perceived enemies. And Trump -- simmering with rage, fixated on exacting revenge against those he feels betrayed him and insulated by a compliant Republican Party -- is increasingly comfortable doing so to the point of feeling untouchable, according to the president's advisers and allies."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...edges-trump-s-latest-abuse-won-t-act-n1136306

Psst hey Lindsey, that sensation you're feeling between your legs? Don't be afraid, it's just your balls dropping back down.
His conduct post impeachment.....was totally predictable. It was sTUPID of some of the reps to think he would learn a lesson. No way......not his personality type. He has never learned the appropriate lessons from negative experiences. To him they are a personal affront........that require retaliation. That is his psychopathy.

He is on a path of revenge filled wrath.......and it can go anywhere. He now believes he can do as he wishes and no one can stop him........and should not criticize him. He is dangerous..........as he is quite prepared to keep pushing the legal, ethical and political boundaries as far as he can .........and he has no concern about any consequences,

he ineffective cult of Trump reps literally unleashed even more bad behavior from Trump. Vendetta Mafia style.

Interesting to note.....Putin is trying to get himself to stay in power indefinitely .............. That is what Trump would love........and he would only get worse.He would aim for absolute power.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He's not accountable to anyone, so he is free to do as he wishes. Lie one day, deny it the next, then come clean. Wash, rinse, repeat.
enter the "god" complex...

about the reps standing up to Trump.............Only if they become more afraid of not doing so.

They have become spineless........ sheeple.............Trump ditto folks.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I technically have a cell phone, but it's wireless use only with free 911 calls if needed. I have a land line phone for all other things.

I have a computer, going on ten years old roughly, and the internet connection is high speed which is the 'lowest' available connection you can get for a computer.

I have no TV.

I have a second hand car.

I have a house - because a house is only somewhat cheaper than rent in this town.

Despite a decent - for now - job, I wouldn't consider myself middle class, rather high end working poor.