It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Fires out near Sydney.
YAY !!!
No fire problems now.
Heavy rainfall in Australia's New South Wales has forced the evacuation of several towns and the closure of more than 50 schools, but also extinguished some of the persistent bush fires that have devastated the state.
The country's Bureau of Meteorology said the region has seen more than 200 millimeters (7.9 inches) of rainfall in the past 24 hours. In Sydney, preliminary information from the bureau showed that 391.6 millimeters (15.4 inches) of rain fell over the past four days -- the city's heaviest rainfall since 1990.\https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...con-valley-paypal-nuclear-bunker-doomsday-spt
Scores of schools were temporarily closed by the Department of Education in New South Wales on Monday because of heavy flooding. The Bureau of Meteorology also issued a number of warnings for heavy rains, wind and further flooding on Monday.
more
https://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/cont...s-put-out-bush-fires-have-been-burning-months

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Living in Edmonton, I can get used to the weather so far this month. It's 2 C right now.

On a side note, if anyone is thinking of moving to Edmonton...don't to move to Edmonton. I can't wait to get out of this dump.

Well, I happen to love the "dump" that you so hate! It's no better or worse than anywhere else. It's what you make of it.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Fires out near Sydney.
YAY !!!
No fire problems now.
Heavy rainfall in Australia's New South Wales has forced the evacuation of several towns and the closure of more than 50 schools, but also extinguished some of the persistent bush fires that have devastated the state.
The country's Bureau of Meteorology said the region has seen more than 200 millimeters (7.9 inches) of rainfall in the past 24 hours. In Sydney, preliminary information from the bureau showed that 391.6 millimeters (15.4 inches) of rain fell over the past four days -- the city's heaviest rainfall since 1990.\https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...con-valley-paypal-nuclear-bunker-doomsday-spt
Scores of schools were temporarily closed by the Department of Education in New South Wales on Monday because of heavy flooding. The Bureau of Meteorology also issued a number of warnings for heavy rains, wind and further flooding on Monday.
more
https://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/cont...s-put-out-bush-fires-have-been-burning-months

POOR Nut Zone Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently nobody has told him there is a rumour going around...........................

claiming that summer heat will come back again NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I guess Nut Zone Doug is more focused on HOW HAPPY HE IS..........................RIGHT NOW.............

that he can go on burning massive quantities of fossil fuel in his truck and his boat and other gas guzzling toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And does not have to worry about his house burning down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course his spy masters in Beijing WILL NOT Be calling him home in the middle of the epidemic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt he is DELIGHTED not to have to fly anyplace in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
Global warming is over here at this end of the country and you can't have any. 7° at the moment here.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
...and it has for 4.5 billion years.
;)
Say, what ever happened to global warming - I though we were all supposed to be wiped out by that bad ol' boogieman. Oooooh...it's evolved...like "The Thing".

The problem with this so called bs climate change or global warming nonsense is that the ones who keep preaching to us all that we should give up our lifestyle for them to be able to continue on with their lifestyles of the rich and famous and more attacks on the "warming up" environment. Examples like Al Gore, David Suzuki and Leo Decrapio and so many other GW pushers do not practice at all what they preach. They still drive around in big gas guzzling vehicles, fly everywhere in their own private jets, and own several homes between them. Even the UN when they had a conference in Paris sometime back had to have and install over a hundred generating heaters to help keep the inside warm enough for them to all be able to to sit around and pretend to us all that they were there to fight global warming.

Sadly, so many people have been conditioned and brainwashed into believing their silly global warming nonsense. I wonder how much damage was done to the environment after that global warming conference was over? But that will be a question that no one wants to hear or have to answer too. It's all just a big farce and joke. Just my opinion of course.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hope like Hell the Nor Am crop season is long enough. If not, a lot of people are f-cked next winter. We've been lucky that fuel prices, an abundance of feed (lower grade ryegrasses) and sanctions have kept pork, beef and poultry undervalued.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I hope like Hell the Nor Am crop season is long enough. If not, a lot of people are f-cked next winter. We've been lucky that fuel prices, an abundance of feed (lower grade ryegrasses) and sanctions have kept pork, beef and poultry undervalued.

Here is an article illustrating the LIE-beral preference for VIRTUE SIGNALLING ..........................

RATHER THAN TAKING ANY HONEST ACTION on climate issues..........................

or honest action on pretty much any other issue either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how MESSED UP re LIE-beral efforts to “save the environment”!! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Shipping pollution regulations 'could harm food chain'

By Wil Crisp, from The Guardian.

Published February 17, 2020

New shipping pollution regulations introduced earlier this year could harm humans by contaminating fish and crustaceans with toxins, according to an internal report compiled by the International Maritime Organization and obtained by the Guardian.

In the report the IMO, the United Nations agency responsible for regulating shipping, says that there is insufficient “toxicity data” to be able to assess the risk to humans caused by the increased use of exhaust gas cleaning systems, which are also known as “scrubbers”.

These devices reduce the amount of pollution emitted into the air by ships, but the cheapest and most popular models dramatically increase the amount of pollutants pumped directly into the sea.

(Oh great!! As if we did not have enough problems with pollution at sea!! Wild caught fish feed millions of people every day and do not require the massive agricultural supports of the farm industry!! Not to mention the ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL AMOUNTS OF OXYGEN being produced by algae and other organisms in the sea!! So why worry about maybe poisoning such creatures?????)

Shipping companies have spent more than $12bn (£9.2bn) fitting thousands of scrubbers on vessels around the world in order to meet new air pollution standards that were introduced on 1 January 2020.

Some of the pollutants deemed most concerning by experts that are pumped into the sea by scrubbers are polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which have been linked to skin, lung, bladder, liver and stomach cancers.

(Should we consider BANNING cruise ships because of their propensity for spewing POLLUTION??????????????????)

(In other news Our idiot Boy Justin plans to sign onto this deal - WHILE IGNORING the cruise ships running up and down the western coast line between Seattle and Alaska - and HOLDING their grey and black waste water til they get to CDN WATERS WHERE THEY CAN DUMP FOR FREE - which they are NOT allowed to do in Yankee waters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

In its report, the IMO says “carrying out a preliminary risk assessment [on the PAH emissions from scrubbers] was not possible considering the available information” and warns that “secondary poisoning (via consumption of seafood) had been mentioned as a likely exposure route for humans”.

(Further - in light of how effective cruise ships are at disseminating diseases like the Wuhan Virus - how badly DO WE NEED cruise ships during our ALLEGED “climate emergency” anyway???????????????????????)

Critics say IMO member states should have conducted thorough risk assessments before deciding to allow the use of scrubbers under the new legislation.

(This is TYPICAL LIE-beral CRAP - designed only to look good without actually DOING ANYTHING LOGICAL!! In related news- should we ask if we could clean the air by BLOCKING countries from exporting their garbage on ships to other places?? Recall that Canada is on the hook for over 100 shipping containers of CRAP coming back from Indonesia and think of the carbon foot print to ship that crap back and forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lucy Gilliam, a campaigner for the Brussels-based NGO Transport & Environment, says the IMO should stop the use of scrubbers until it can answer key questions about how discharges may affect health.

“Ships should not be allowed to use scrubbers if the IMO has no idea what the consequences will be for human health and food chain contamination,” she said.

(That IS A VALID POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“The surge in scrubber use means that increasing amounts of PAHs will accumulate in sediment over time, and no one knows what the impact on human health will be.

“It is going to have an impact on the food chain and, as things stand, we have no reliable information about when safe threshold limits will be breached.”

Christopher Elliott, a professor at the Institute for Global Food Security at Queen’s University Belfast, believes the effect of bioaccumulation of PAHs in the food chain is a worrying issue.

(LIE-berals are no more interested in this research than they are in the effect of dumping MILLIONS of gallons of sewage into lakes, rivers and oceans every time an OBSOLETE and over loaded sewage plant over flows in a LIGHT RAIN!! LIE-beral always seek the CHEAP AND EASY SOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

“Any increase in PAHs at the bottom of the food chain can have a negative impact on human health over the long term, damaging immune systems and potentially increasing susceptibility to cancer,” he said.

Shipping companies have repeatedly said that they have commissioned rigorous studies to test pollutants discharged by scrubbers.

Earlier this year a study commissioned by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Europe, the world’s largest cruise industry trade association, concluded that “exhaust gas cleaning systems have a limited impact on water quality”.

In March last year Carnival, the world’s biggest cruise company, published a study that described scrubbers as “a safe and effective” way of complying with the recently implemented regulations for cleaner air emissions.

(Well yes- complying with regulations is GOOD - but so is NOT REPLACING one mess with another - dirty air is bad and so is dirty water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Clean Shipping Alliance, a lobby group for companies that have invested in exhaust gas cleaning technology, says it believes that sufficient research has been conducted and discharges from the devices are safe for marine ecosystems.

“There is well-documented evidence relating to the composition of scrubber washwater,” a spokesperson said.

However, in the IMO’s new internal report it criticises the existing body of research that been published based on analysis of chemical discharge from the devices, saying that some of the existing studies cannot be trusted.

“In a number of reports, no basic information was provided either on the sampling techniques, or on the quality assurance and control of the analytical methods used,” it says.

“Lack of all this information put a great uncertainty on a number of presented results and the quality of the provided data could not be fully judged and trusted.”

Gilliam says many of the existing studies looking at chemical discharges from scrubbers have been done by entities that benefit financially from the use of them.

“In some cases they are commissioning studies by independent groups, but the samples are being collected by their own staff,” she said.

“How do we know exactly where they are taking the sample from, at what time, at what engine load? We don’t have those answers. It can’t be regarded as rigorous, independent, peer-reviewed research.

(We have all seen how reliable are the EPA fuel economy results for cars and trucks and the results ARE NOT related to real world experience - is the same true for scrubber results?????????????????)

“We don’t know if this will be a health crisis in 20 or 30 years, because proper research just hasn’t been done.”

A spokeswoman for CLIA said: “Cruise lines are committed to environmental stewardship and have invested more than £16bn in ships with new technologies and cleaner fuels to reduce air emissions and achieve greater energy efficiencies.

(So why are they still dumping SEWAGE in Cdn waters then?? And how come we so often hear of cruise ships undergoing EMERGENCY CLEANING to control things like NORO-VIRUS ???????????)

“Exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS), which are designed to remove 98% of sulphur and well over 50% of particulate matter from exhaust, have been proven safe for maritime environments. Publicly available studies on the long-term impact of discharges from exhaust gas cleaning systems have found minimal environmental impact on water and sediment quality when benchmarked against new European environmental quality standards entering into force in 2021.”

In October, the British Ports Association warned that the use of scrubbers by shipping companies could render some UK ports unusable by contaminating sediment and increasing the cost of dredging.

(Sounds like the British Ports Association is taking seriously the question of what sort of crap ships will be depositing into the water and harbour sediment!!!!!!!!!!)

The IMO is due to discuss future regulation of scrubbers at a meeting starting on Monday.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Atoadaso....

Uh oh!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you stupid enough to believe this?

Climate change leads to more violence against women, girls
4 hours ago

Rape, domestic violence, forced marriages: A new study shows the effects of climate change are leading to an increase in violence against girls and women in many corners of the world.
Ntoya Sande was 13 years old when she got married — against her will. "I was sent to be married because of a shortage of food in the house," she said. Her parents used to have a small piece of land, but floods wiped out their harvest. "I tried to negotiate, to tell my parents that I wasn't ready, that I didn't want to get married, but they told me that I had to because that would mean one mouth less at the table."

Sande lives in Malawi's Nsanje province. Her story is one of thousands of cases highlighted in a recent study from the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Two years in the making, the report is the largest and most comprehensive study to date on the effects of climate change and environmental degradation on gender-based violence.

Read more: Climate change: A catalyst for conflict

"This study shows us that the damage humanity is inflicting on nature can also fuel violence against women around the world — a link that has so far been largely overlooked," said Grethel Aguilar, IUCN's acting director general. "This study adds to the urgency of halting environmental degradation alongside action to stop gender-based violence in all its forms, and demonstrates that the two issues often need to be addressed together

https://amp.dw.com/en/women-climate-change-sexual-violence-iucn/a-52449269?__twitter_impression=true

Buffy

Nominee Member
Jan 3, 2017
U.S.A.

4 hours ago

Rape, domestic violence, forced marriages: A new study shows the effects of climate change are leading to an increase in violence against girls and women in many corners of the world.
Ntoya Sande was 13 years old when she got married — against her will. "I was sent to be married because of a shortage of food in the house," she said. Her parents used to have a small piece of land, but floods wiped out their harvest. "I tried to negotiate, to tell my parents that I wasn't ready, that I didn't want to get married, but they told me that I had to because that would mean one mouth less at the table."

Sande lives in Malawi's Nsanje province. Her story is one of thousands of cases highlighted in a recent study from the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Two years in the making, the report is the largest and most comprehensive study to date on the effects of climate change and environmental degradation on gender-based violence.

"This study shows us that the damage humanity is inflicting on nature can also fuel violence against women around the world — a link that has so far been largely overlooked," said Grethel Aguilar, IUCN's acting director general. "This study adds to the urgency of halting environmental degradation alongside action to stop gender-based violence in all its forms, and demonstrates that the two issues often need to be addressed together

https://amp.dw.com/en/women-climate-change-sexual-violence-iucn/a-52449269?__twitter_impression=true
Also toenail fungus!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

4 hours ago

Well - to be fair about Asian culture- it has ALWAYS BEEN PERMITTED TO SELL..............................

FEMALES IN TIMES OF ECONOMIC TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly the Imperial Chinese never had any problem with selling girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider the history of the Dowager Empress Tsu-Tse................................

she was the last Empress of China and the grandmother of the Last Emperor Pu Yee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dowager Empress is known to history as Tzu-Tse.............................

though this may actually BE THE NAME OF THE VILLAGE WHERE SHE WAS PURCHASED AS A TEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words - her family may have BEEN SO POOR.........................

they did not even waste a name on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tzu-Tse was purchased as a GIFT to the Emperor...........................

to assist with his sexual health and well being and that of the nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She became a concubine to be used for Taoist sexual exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taoists are rather like Catholics in their views on women.............................

Taoists believe that female "sexual energy" is limitless......................

no doubt because females - handled correctly - may have multiple orgasms........................

but that male "sexual energy" was LIMITED and that a man might be harmed by too much lust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the Taoist believed male sexual energy was sort of like a muscle......................

and could be "Built up" by regular use and training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus the Emperor would own a clutch of concubines whose job was to help train him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A dozen or so girls would be lined up and Emperor would have sexual relations with each one in turn.................

the goal being to bring the girl to orgasm WITHOUT the Emperor reaching his own orgasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taoists believes this holding back and conserving of "male seed" would produce stronger healthier children .......................

for when the Emperor impregnated the Empress - thus the nation would benefit from getting a strong healthy Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One who would live long and govern wisely and firmly and fairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you might imagine - young Emperors did not take the "exercise" with the Concubines to seriously.........................

as the concubines were chosen for their appearance

and for their ability to recite poetry or do card tricks or sing sweetly etc.....................................

the Concubines WERE NOT SELECTED FOR SEXUAL PROWESS or special skills in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It often happened that the "training" resulted in an Emperor reaching orgasm and impregnating a concubine........................

and Tsu-Tse got pregnant with what turned out to be a boy child - in this rather careless and off hand fashion.............................

and as the first female to produce a male heir to the throne - she became a JOINT MOTHER to the boy......................

along with the Empress - with both women sharing mothering duties..........................

Subsequently the Empress died rather young and Tsu-Tse became Empress..............................

by convenient accident Tsu- Tse happened to be the favorite concubine anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reality is that Tsu-Tse WAS ILLITERATE - due to her background as a daughter of peasants who were so poor

they happily SOLD their attractive daughter to be a piece of sexual exercise equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news - Tsu-Tse HAD NO REAL POLITICAL AUTHORITY since she was a mere woman..........................

AND A COMMON BORN ONE AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the latter half of the 19th century China was racked by competing political factions.............................

and the rule of law was virtually ELIMINATED by drug lords and bandit kingdoms and by vast CORRUPTION IN GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words - LIE-beral Canada is starting to look rather like Imperial China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With our "First Lady" and wife of Our idiot Boy having tried to turn the govt residence into some sort of Imperial City..................

by demanding a host of new servants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During much of the 19th century China was politically dominated by the "Iron Hat Faction"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A group of militant, anti western patriots who routinely wore full armour.........................

including the "Iron Hat" helmet - to signify their readiness to fight for China................................

so as we have learned...........................

Asia generally and China especially has a long history of selling girls during economic tough times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though it would take a Fake News Spewing LIE-beral to try to persuade us it was the result of global warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!